Question about ACC and "Phantom Braking"

My 2018 Model 3 has radar + cameras and does occasionally phantom brake. Elon mentioned that the radar has a low signal to noise ratio and contributed to errors, so they eliminated it.

And if you believe Elon I have some fine oceanfront property to sell you in Phoenix, Arizona.

I am a consistent user of ACC and find that it works fine on the Lucid. I like to be able to shed and add speed quickly using buttons and ACC and find this very easy on every car I own, except one, the Lucid. I find the wheel thingie cumbersome, potentially dangerous, and not easy to use. I understand that it is pretty and unique, but functionality should come first. Does anyone have any tips or am I overlooking some secret way to accomplish my desired effect? I personally wish they had simple up/down buttons on the steering wheel. Thanks

I am a consistent user of ACC and find that it works fine on the Lucid. I like to be able to shed and add speed quickly using buttons and ACC and find this very easy on every car I own, except one, the Lucid. I find the wheel thingie cumbersome, potentially dangerous, and not easy to use. I understand that it is pretty and unique, but functionality should come first. Does anyone have any tips or am I overlooking some secret way to accomplish my desired effect? I personally wish they had simple up/down buttons on the steering wheel. Thanks
You mean just pushing the button up or down to add or subtract speed?

Is it “breaking” or “braking”? Because ”phantom breaking” seems like it could be a thing.

I wonder if only Teslas have phantom braking because they rely solely on visual sensors so don’t have a redundant means of checking using a different medium. I believe radar is used for ACC in most cars, including Lucid?
😂

Attachments

• C4A23D7B-C47E-4574-BB4D-6784A131D823.jpeg
    C4A23D7B-C47E-4574-BB4D-6784A131D823.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 85
Back