Pure vs grand touring

Cars
Tbd
Ok I am sure this will piss some people off? But I bought a pure ten days ago.. and I love it.. it’s quick , fun to drive, and smoother.. runs nearly silent.. I like the body color roof as opposed to the two tone look.

Mine went in for service and as a loaner they gave me a grand touring… and first off launch mode in the grand touring is scary fun… but other than that I found the air suspension to be bumpier than the traditional suspension on the pure, the motor whine from the front engine is obnoxious, I hate the glass roof, and acceleration and deceleration are not as smooth … plus the vehicle feels heavy .. traction and handling are of course much better with awd, and the power of the two motors in mind bending

I was legit stoked when they told me I wood get to drive a grand touring for a week.. I am shocked to say I much prefer the rws pure version to awd .. the pure feels like a luxury sports car.. I am not sure what to call the grand touring other incredibly fun but not refined

You are probably right.

What year was the loaner GT? Dual motor has front motor whine, 2025 models has redesigned front motor mount which much reduced it.

All Air (maybe not Sapphire) has the same suspension, but Pure has much less weight in the front hence ride quality smoother.

When Peter said Pure is going to be the best one in Air, he was not kidding!

I have Grand Touring 21”, I like how it drive. I wanted a Pure for another family member, but we waited so long and just settled for Polestar2.

You are probably right.

What year was the loaner GT? Dual motor has front motor whine, 2025 models has redesigned front motor mount which much reduced it.

All Air (maybe not Sapphire) has the same suspension, but Pure has much less weight in the front hence ride quality smoother.

When Peter said Pure is going to be the best one in Air, he was not kidding!
2024 grand touring.. which I believe has an air suspension system, and my 20294 pure had shocks and springs

Ok I am sure this will piss some people off? But I bought a pure ten days ago.. and I love it.. it’s quick , fun to drive, and smoother.. runs nearly silent.. I like the body color roof as opposed to the two tone look.

Mine went in for service and as a loaner they gave me a grand touring… and first off launch mode in the grand touring is scary fun… but other than that I found the air suspension to be bumpier than the traditional suspension on the pure, the motor whine from the front engine is obnoxious, I hate the glass roof, and acceleration and deceleration are not as smooth … plus the vehicle feels heavy .. traction and handling are of course much better with awd, and the power of the two motors in mind bending

I was legit stoked when they told me I wood get to drive a grand touring for a week.. I am shocked to say I much prefer the rws pure version to awd .. the pure feels like a luxury sports car.. I am not sure what to call the grand touring other incredibly fun but not refined
I am 99 percent sure that at least a small part of this is bias derived from owning a Pure. Why do I think this? Because the Pure RWD and the GT have the same exact suspension with adaptive dampers, despite you saying that the "air suspension" on the GT is bumpier than the Pure's. Also, I think most people would have the opposite experience from you, with the Pure being fun to drive (due to its lighter weight and RWD dynamics), and the GT being a luxurious, cushier grand tourer (due to being heavier, having more HP, and having AWD). At the end of the day, its all preference though!

Looks like you are right.. it must be the weight and tuning.. it’s not biased as 3 other family members agree and commented on it on the way to dinner last night

Looks like you are right.. it must be the weight and tuning.. it’s not biased as 3 other family members agree and commented on it on the way to dinner last night
Very interesting, as many car reviewers usually have the opposite experience! In terms of speed, the GT is definitely faster, but in handling, I would have thought the Pure would be more fun.

Very interesting, as many car reviewers usually have the opposite experience as you! In terms of speed, the GT is definitely faster, but in handling, I would have thought the Pure would be more fun.
I would say gr handling is better, the pure if you gun it in a corner can nose dive, the gt will pull the weight of the car around much better.. this is more ride quality.. as you are cruising down the road, I feel every bump in the gt, and the pure absorbs it better.. it’s smoother

I would say gr handling is better, the pure if you gun it in a corner can nose dive, the gt will pull the weight of the car around much better.. this is more ride quality.. as you are cruising down the road, I feel every bump in the gt, and the pure absorbs it better.. it’s smoother
One question.. what rims was the GT on, and what about your Pure?

Congrats on your new Lucid, I have owned my GT since Nov, 2022, love it, but think the Pure is sweet spot in the line up for most people.

Gt is on 19s and my pure has the 20s , so peelers with more sidewall on GT vs Michelin tires with less sidewall on the pure
Okay, I am now even more confused. This would normally heavily tilt the advantage toward the GT, as it has more sidewall! Perhaps the lighter weight also slightly increases the ride quality.

Okay, I am now even more confused. This would normally heavily tilt the advantage toward the GT, as it has more sidewall! Perhaps the lighter weight also slightly increases the ride quality.
It’s gotta be the extra 800lbs of battery and motor, especially with a lot of that sitting in the front.. I am thinking they have to tune the front suspension firmer to support the weight

Back