Pure rebrand

Lemans3427

Reaction score
Cars
Air
Just hit 8k miles in my Pure and it is fantastic. I came from a Porsche 911 C2 and prefer smaller lighter cars.

I test drove the Touring and thought the whole driver experience was heavier and bulkier than the Pure due to battery weight.

Lucid is marketing the GT to 7 series and S class drivers as they should.

What Lucid should do is market the Pure to M3 + E63 buyers.

Attachments

• pure-rebrand-v0-1sbstmrsfrrd1.webp
    pure-rebrand-v0-1sbstmrsfrrd1.webp
    66.8 KB · Views: 49
Interesting. Coming from several/many BMW’s with 3,500-4,000 lbs. and BMWCCA track racing experience, the Air Touring is heavy indeed but faster in all respects than any BMW other than track circuit racing timing.

I too decided to get a rwd pure over touring and grand touring.

-much quieter motor noise
-better weight balance, cornering inertia, better braking response
-i have young kids, im not using the extra hp most of the time

i used to think that my g12 750i xdrive was planted and sporty (in sport mode), but the Air touring is on a whole other level of driving dynamics, sporty/planted. I did not test drive the Pure, but I test drove several EVs (taycan, etron gt, eqs, ev6, ID 4) before choosing lucid, and the only car that felt more plant/sporty was the taycan and Air touring wasn't too far off.

I think the Touring hides its weight very well. Even time i drive the g12 now, it feel's like a boaty lexus by comparison even in sport mode. I'm sure the lighter Pure is even more nimble.

I completely agree.

The "M3 market" is traditionally the type of car I've always had in the stable. I have no kids and can't say I ever need a rear seat, so anything bigger has always been a "what's the point?" for me. However, after I test drove the Air (both Pure and Touring), I was blown away and knew my search for my next car was over. The only thing to decide was trim level.

I've never been a buyer that had to have AWD like some people because I always run dedicated summer and winter tires on my cars. So, the Pure was certainly appealing because of price and better handling dynamics. However, despite being faster than most cars on the road, believe it or not, the Pure wasn't quite quick enough. Sounds crazy, but it's a matter of perspective. I'm used to Hellcats, Vipers, 8 second motorcycles, etc. so the Pure wasn't in the cards for me and I went with the Touring.

If Lucid is listening, they should eke out 500+ hp for the Pure and market it directly against the C AMG/RS4/Blackwing/M3 crowd. I think they'd be surprised how many of us are receptive to a performance oriented EV sedan that shames even the swankiest German sports sedans in NVH and build quality but also has instant throttle response (which is more important than ever given that all of modern ICE equivalents are turbocharged), sublime suspension tuning, and frugal running costs of an EV.

If more people knew how favorably an Air Pure stacked up against their traditional sports sedan in head-to-head metrics, they'd probably sell a hell of a lot more of them.

Back