24 and 23 Pure Test Drives

I thought I liked the idea of driving up higher and seeing the road better. So when I got my GV60 Performance (a small SUV/raised hatch) I set up my seating to what I thought was optimal. And I drove that way for many months. Then I discovered that there was a setting for the car to figure out my seat and steering wheel settings. So I tried it. it sat me much lower in the vehicle. It felt uncomfortable at first but once I got used to it I liked it and I have not gone back
We might have discussed this in the Genesis forum too, but I concur. On my EV6 which doesn't have automatic settings I lower my seating position to almost the lowest.

Can't go too low since I'm only 5'4", and that's why I know my next car has to be a sedan. It still feels too high for me given the performance these EVs have

On my 2024 pure RWD . . .. I am able to do single pedal drive if my SOC is below 90%.
My experience with my Pure RWD is the same; I find regenerative braking to be plenty strong (more so than my wife's Ionia 6). To elaborate, regenerative braking can be markedly lower in Airs at high states of charge.

Did you notice the charge level during your test-drive? Unless you know it was less than 80%, I'd bet that is why you found regenerative braking to be weak.

My experience with my Pure RWD is the same; I find regenerative braking to be plenty strong (more so than my wife's Ionia 6). To elaborate, regenerative braking can be markedly lower in Airs at high states of charge.

Did you notice the charge level during your test-drive? Unless you know it was less than 80%, I'd bet that is why you found regenerative braking to be weak.
Given test drives are generally not too long, maybe Lucid should make sure the cars are not charged too full? Conversely car rental companies sometimes fail to ensure rental EVs are charged adequately

Rivian does something interesting here: You can choose to have friction braking seamlessly added so the pedal feel is consistent. Though use it too much and you will wonder why your brakes are wearing out faster

For manufacturers with blended brake pedals, drivers probably don't notice this as much too

Lucken,
From what I have been told the 24 Pure has a standard and low setting. The demo drive I took the Pure was set at standard. Thank you for your comments.

SteveinArizona,
Thank you for your comments. It has been over 22 years since I last drove a sedan/car. everything has been SUVs or minivans. If I pursue the Lucid it will be a significant change, but it is never too late to try something different for a change.

SteveS,
I did not not notice the SOC. Need to ask more or different questions in the future. I appreciate your comments.

Michel,
Thank you for your response.

Back