PSA and Q

magesh

Cars
X7 M60i, AGT
Have been out of the country for about 4 months on vacation & PSA I did all updates till the current one (2.0.50) while overseas. The car was plugged in the entire 4 months at about 70% charge. Every single update went flawlessly.

Q: I took the car out today, after a reset (valet card), and unsure how to work the DreamDrive Pro function. Meaning, I can activate it, etc ... but I expect(ed) the car to stay centered in the lane irrespective of HQ or Adaptive Cruise. Am I wrong? Meaning, will the car lane center only on HA mode? What am I missing/doing wrong?

TIA.

Adaptive cruise does not center the car in the lane. Only highway assist. For me, I feel like it took me forever to realize I had to push the button on the left toggle to activate it =/.

Also, are you sure you’re activating highway assist or just adaptive cruise?

Adaptive cruise does not center the car in the lane. Only highway assist. For me, I feel like it took me forever to realize I had to push the button on the left toggle to activate it =/.

Also, are you sure you’re activating highway assist or just adaptive cruise?
My Q was: Does lane centering engage only when HA is set? I beleive the answer is yes. Not under Adaptive cruise (AC). Which makes no sense to me. Absolutely no sense.

To answer you Q: I engaged HA and lane centering works. And under HA, AC also works!!!. So now I'm doubly puzzled about the difference between HA & AC. Why is there AC at all in the first place? Maybe the seniors who have used the DDP extensively can chime in.

My Q was: Does lane centering engage only when HA is set? I beleive the answer is yes. Not under Adaptive cruise (AC). Which makes no sense to me. Absolutely no sense.

To answer you Q: I engaged HA and lane centering works. And under HA, AC also works!!!. So now I'm doubly puzzled about the difference between HA & AC. Why is there AC at all in the first place? Maybe the seniors who have used the DDP extensively can chime in.
ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) controls speed only. It does zero steering for you.

HA (Highway Assist) includes everything in ACC, plus it keeps you in the center of a lane (and therefore does steer for you, but only to keep you in the current lane).

The reason both exist is

a) HA is only available on certain highways that have been geofenced by Lucid. Those will expand over time, but it's not available everywhere.
b) Not everyone wants the car to steer for them. They like cruise control for speed maintenance only.

ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) controls speed only. It does zero steering for you.

HA (Highway Assist) includes everything in ACC, plus it keeps you in the center of a lane (and therefore does steer for you, but only to keep you in the current lane).

The reason both exist is

a) HA is only available on certain highways that have been geofenced by Lucid. Those will expand over time, but it's not available everywhere.
b) Not everyone wants the car to steer for them. They like cruise control for speed maintenance only.
Does standard DD have highway assist?

Neither HA nor ACC are meant to be autonomous driving of any kind. They are level 2 driver assist systems. If you want your car to drive for you, get an Uber. Real level 5 autonomy does not exist yet, and likely won't for many more years.

You can switch between HA and ACC (when both are available) by clicking and holding the leftmost button on the steering wheel. That will toggle between the two. If you're on a road where only ACC is available, you can't toggle, obviously. It'll do nothing if you hold down that button.

Does standard DD have highway assist?
No. Only Dream Drive Pro includes HA at this point. Cars purchased without DDPro include a three-month trial for pro, which will temporarily give you HA. But after that, you'll need to pay for HA. Lucid may change their minds and include it in the regular DD at some later date. Companies tend to shift these things around a bit.

No. Only Dream Drive Pro includes HA at this point. Cars purchased without DDPro include a three-month trial for pro, which will temporarily give you HA. But after that, you'll need to pay for HA. Lucid may change their minds and include it in the regular DD at some later date. Companies tend to shift these things around a bit.
Does lucid have a fsd beta like thing? City streets, etc? Im debating on ddp or not.

Does lucid have a fsd beta like thing? City streets, etc? Im debating on ddp or not.
No. There is a future feature called "Traffic Jam Assist" which is supposed to be useful for stop and go traffic. (Highway Assist is not meant to stop at red lights or for traffic that is stopped ahead of you.) But even Traffic Jam Assist is not city streets, as far as I know. It's still meant for highways. And it's not available yet, in any case. I would be surprised to see it before the second half of the year.

The reason both exist is

Ahh ... That's why the car notified me when I was about a mile in, on the highway, that HA was available. Even though I was double tapping the button to engage HA & it kept reverting to ACC. A weird way to implement imo. Oh well.

ON another note, again since I'm trying to get upto speed (pun intended) on the other updates.
1. I now see the Right Cockpit Panel, button layout has changed. Yaay. However, I see a pretty big gap almost close to an inch of wasted space on the left side (near the shortcut buttons). Is there a way to 'drag' and minimize the buttons? The wasted space is an eye sore. (FTR, I preferred the original layout and wish Lucid would give us the flexibility to choose our own layout.)
2. Surround View is 'slow' to wake up when reversing. I see a few 'remark' about that. Any work arounds?
3. Opening Chargeport door: I thought I was able to swipe/push the door down, when the car was unlocked, to open that door. Now after the various updates, it does not. Or was I dreaming that it never opened with a swipe/push?
4. Has Lucid updated the internal maps at all during these updates? My house is still not visible. Hence 'no Home' for me as yet. :-(

P.S: I had to relearn a few things - simple stuff like how to unlock the car from inside for passengers to enter. Where are the seat warmers?. Gonna be a fun couple of weeks. :cool:

Ahh ... That's why the car notified me when I was about a mile in, on the highway, that HA was available. Even though I was double tapping the button to engage HA & it kept reverting to ACC. A weird way to implement imo. Oh well.

ON another note, again since I'm trying to get upto speed (pun intended) on the other updates.
1. I now see the Right Cockpit Panel, button layout has changed. Yaay. However, I see a pretty big gap almost close to an inch of wasted space on the left side (near the shortcut buttons). Is there a way to 'drag' and minimize the buttons? The wasted space is an eye sore. (FTR, I preferred the original layout and wish Lucid would give us the flexibility to choose our own layout.)
2. Surround View is 'slow' to wake up when reversing. I see a few 'remark' about that. Any work arounds?
3. Opening Chargeport door: I thought I was able to swipe/push the door down, when the car was unlocked, to open that door. Now after the various updates, it does not. Or was I dreaming that it never opened with a swipe/push?
4. Has Lucid updated the internal maps at all during these updates? My house is still not visible. Hence 'no Home' for me as yet. :-(

P.S: I had to relearn a few things - simple stuff like how to unlock the car from inside for passengers to enter. Where are the seat warmers?. Gonna be a fun couple of weeks. :cool:
1. They moved those buttons because people with shorter arms could not reach them on the far side. The reason for the extra space is because many would not be able to see them if they were snug to the left of that screen. The steering wheel would block them from view. (There's always a reason for design compromises.)

2. My surround view comes up instantly about 99.99999% of the time. I think this is a matter of when your car was manufactured and what firmware you are running. My guess is eventually there will be an update similar to yesterday's "door" update that addresses camera problems. Until then, resets seem to work for some. But not everyone.

3. A light "press" on the door itself, near the lower right corner, should open the chargeport when the doors are unlocked. Not a swipe. Personally, I don't like playing around with anything on a motor like that, so I just use the button on the left cockpit panel.

4. Nothing in the most recent updates signified changes to maps. So I doubt they have done much of significance there. But it's possible they could be updating map data remotely, since the car pulls that data over the internet. Important to note that Lucid uses HERE maps, so they only have whatever data HERE has. I believe there is a link somewhere to report a problem with maps. You could use that to request your house being added. (Hopefully someone here can provide that link.)

1. They moved those buttons because people with shorter arms could not reach them on the far side. The reason for the extra space is because many would not be able to see them if they were snug to the left of that screen. The steering wheel would block them from view. (There's always a reason for design compromises.)

2. My surround view comes up instantly about 99.99999% of the time. I think this is a matter of when your car was manufactured and what firmware you are running. My guess is eventually there will be an update similar to yesterday's "door" update that addresses camera problems. Until then, resets seem to work for some. But not everyone.

3. A light "press" on the door itself, near the lower right corner, should open the chargeport when the doors are unlocked. Not a swipe. Personally, I don't like playing around with anything on a motor like that, so I just use the button on the left cockpit panel.

4. Nothing in the most recent updates signified changes to maps. So I doubt they have done much of significance there. But it's possible they could be updating map data remotely, since the car pulls that data over the internet. Important to note that Lucid uses HERE maps, so they only have whatever data HERE has. I believe there is a link somewhere to report a problem with maps. You could use that to request your house being added. (Hopefully someone here can provide that link.)

Back