Protecting battery life

Sameer

Cars
Lucid Air
Are there any best practices to prolong or protect the health and life of the battery especially based on types of charging?

I typically do for Fast Charging even though the charger is limited by my company and provides 4 miles a minute.

They also have the less powerful 20 miles a hour option which I do not use.

Electrify America offers the real super fast (350kw) chargers that provide 10+ miles a minute. Have used those only during long trips to save on time.

Would love to hear from the experts here.

Charge to 80% maximum unless you truly need more for a long road trip. Try not to run the car down to less than 20% unless you must.

Are there any best practices to prolong or protect the health and life of the battery especially based on types of charging?

I typically do for Fast Charging even though the charger is limited by my company and provides 4 miles a minute.

They also have the less powerful 20 miles a hour option which I do not use.

Electrify America offers the real super fast (350kw) chargers that provide 10+ miles a minute. Have used those only during long trips to save on time.

Would love to hear from the experts here.
There are many discussions on this subject in the forum. You might want to start with a look here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/daily-home-charging-best-practice.5121/post-125118. and then branch out with additional searches for "Battery Life"

Lucid significantly limits the power it pulls with DC fast charging utilizing an algorthm to ensure battery health when SOC exceeds about 50%. This has been described in detail on this forum. When over 80% SOC fast charging seems like a waste of time especially with higher ambient temps over 90F. I think Lucid is fairly conservative in this regard being quiite cautious about battery health. Therefore, in practice, it is overall faster to charge say 10%-70% than 20%-80% or 25%-85%. This is important when planning a road trip.

Back