Admin
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Yea they already teased a little in gravity launch video.

Attachments

• 413BBEB4-D9EA-4EF3-9BAB-B79E53D4C9AC.png
    413BBEB4-D9EA-4EF3-9BAB-B79E53D4C9AC.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 199
I would buy this over an Air in a heartbeat if it had 300 miles of range.

I hope we see it by 2026!

We could be a buyer by then to replace the Leaf, of course depending on how we like the GT over the years.

Tesla became mainstream after launching M3 so i like this plan of theirs.

This would clearly be the money maker. They can trickle down the tech from the top range models to the mid price models while innovating with new tech in the top range. They would need to be capable of higher production numbers which I suspect they will be and hopefully they can build them in the factories instead of in tents like Tesla did with the Model 3.

Tesla became mainstream after launching M3 so i like this plan of theirs.
The Model 3 also almost bankrupted Tesla, six years after the launch of the Model S. It's a tricky time.

The Tesla Model S is a mid sized car, the Model 3 is a compact and is 185" in length. That is like a MB C series, a BMW 3 series, an Audi 4 series, etc.

The key point I took away from the article:

According to Bach, the same will be true of Gravity when it launches in two years. It will use the same principles to beat its main rivals, but what happens after that?
"Obviously, if we want to scale, and we do want to scale, we'll go down to a mid-size platform," said Bach. "That will bring us to 500,000 [units], possibly even 1 million by the end of the decade."

With sedans priced capped at $55k and SUVs at $80k in the new US EV tax credit scheme it is even more stupid to make a Model 3 competitor over a Model Y competitor.

The SUV first. Maybe the compact sedan is never needed.

With sedans priced capped at $55k and SUVs at $80k in the new US EV tax credit scheme it is even more stupid to make a Model 3 competitor over a Model Y competitor.

The SUV first. Maybe the compact sedan is never needed.
Yeah, while I hate America’s SUV obsession, you’re 100% correct.

I've always wondered why Tesla chose to introduce the Model 3 first over the Y. Could be that they felt they needed another design increment or cash flow step before introducing their highest-volume vehicle.

I've always wondered why Tesla chose to introduce the Model 3 first over the Y. Could be that they felt they needed another design increment or cash flow step before introducing their highest-volume vehicle.
Wasn't the 3 supposed to be the robotaxi fleet?

I’m pretty sure it was because he was trying to spell S E X first. The Y model rounded it off. He got in some hot water with Ford because he wanted to name it the model E but the Mach E was too close in name. You may think I’m kidding…

Wasn't the 3 supposed to be the robotaxi fleet?
Yes. This was the excuse for why Model 3 leases couldn't be purchased at the end of the term. They were drinking their own Kool Aid and thought FSD would be completely done by now.
Of course, after the used car market went crazy during COVID, they started doing the same with all their leases. Why not resell a three-year-old car for more than it was worth new?

I’m pretty sure it was because he was trying to spell S E X first. The Y model rounded it off. He got in some hot water with Ford because he wanted to name it the model E but the Mach E was too close in name. You may think I’m kidding…
At the time, they were also trying to get to a $30k-ish car. At least, that was the promise. The Y could never be that cheap. The 3 never quite made it, either, of course.But that was the stated goal.

At the time, they were also trying to get to a $30k-ish car. At least, that was the promise. The Y could never be that cheap. The 3 never quite made it, either, of course.But that was the stated goal.
Also I’m guessing it must have started development in around 2015 or so (maybe earlier?) Although the market was steadily moving towards crossovers/SUVs I think there was still a decent demand for sedans at that time, compared to the situation today.

Back