Project Gravity (Lucid Motors SUV) Page Now Live

There's not really much difference between the two renderings. The one on the Lucid website was posted well before Derek Jenkins mentioned in an interview that there will be some minor alterations to the exterior of the Gravity since the prototype was built.

"CarBuzz" produced an artist's rendering of a possible look for the Gravity. If the final product is anything like this, I'm in (except maybe for the wheels):

View attachment 3528
That photo look aweful. The wheels sticking out three inches beyond the wheel wells look like an aftermarket hack. Far worse than Lucid's own renderings of what their Gravity will look like.

"CarBuzz" produced an artist's rendering of a possible look for the Gravity. If the final product is anything like this, I'm in (except maybe for the wheels):

View attachment 3528
This rendering looks like funeral home’s car that bear coffins.

This rendering looks like funeral home’s car that bear coffins.

Maybe I like it because I've owned a high-performance station wagon (2003 Audi S6), and I miss the space and handling station wagons provided without the aero, weight, and visual mass penalties of the SUVs that have replaced them.

Also, in my late youth I almost bought a hearse at auction as a cool car to drive to school. So there's that . . . .

Maybe I like it because I've owned a high-performance station wagon (2003 Audi S6), and I miss the space and handling station wagons provided without the aero, weight, and visual mass penalties of the SUVs that have replaced them.

Also, in my late youth I almost bought a hearse at auction as a cool car to drive to school. So there's that . . . .
My dad is a mortician, so I have plenty of experience with hearses.

In the latest interview with Derek Jenkins, he mentions that the Gravity renderings on the web site are very much early renderings, just to give a peak at the sort of vehicle Gravity will be. The final product will be quite different.

The fact they always refer to it as “Project Gravity” and never just “Gravity” also has me wondering if the actual vehicle will be called Gravity, or whether that’s just an internal code name? Wouldn’t surprise me if what they release is called something else in the end.

The fact they always refer to it as “Project Gravity” and never just “Gravity” also has me wondering if the actual vehicle will be called Gravity, or whether that’s just an internal code name? Wouldn’t surprise me if what they release is called something else in the end.

Yep, the contrast between "Air" and "Gravity" does sort of conjure up a contrasting image of ponderous mass for the SUV against a sense of flightiness for the sedan.

Maybe go with monikers such as "Lightning" for the car and "Haul-Ass" for the SUV.

Same here. I've had a Rivian R1S reservation since early 2019 with plans to replace our Honda Odyssey minivan with it. However, now that the independent reviews are coming in, it appears the Rivian doesn't have the third-row seating room to make it a candidate to replace the Honda -- plus the Rivian is more biased toward off-roading (with the associated weight and range penalties) than I need.

So we're now looking at the Lucid Gravity as the Honda replacement . . . but we'll be keeping our Air Dream Performance. If we do dump an extra sedan, it'll be the Model S Plaid.
Definitely keep it in the Lucid family.
I’m sure the rivian R1S won’t be able to hold a candle to the Gravity.

View attachment 3528
This conceptual rendering is off scale. The proportions make it look like a minivan. The actual model will look more like a mid size SUV with full size interior space. 👍🏼

Wonder what they will name their sports car? Maybe the Lucid Sprint 😉

If they don’t fix the battery drain it could be called the Lucid Vampire….

If they don’t fix the battery drain it could be called the Lucid Vampire….

I'm thinking they will. I have found if you charge to 100% there is no drain while plugged in. So it is somehow related to method used to hold charge at 80%

Current GT owner, just added my name to the waitlist. While I am not impressed with the photos of Gravity, I can see advantages of Gravity over Air with the way I would use the vehicle. Not sure I would make a reservation, but if I continue to be impressed with the GT I can easily see reserving Gravity.

I won’t be in the market for this, but looks ok, perhaps a bit squished on top. I imagine that is to help with range

Yep, the contrast between "Air" and "Gravity" does sort of conjure up a contrasting image of ponderous mass for the SUV against a sense of flightiness for the sedan.

Maybe go with monikers such as "Lightning" for the car and "Haul-Ass" for the SUV.
Hmm, that term for SUV has grown on me. I would suggest switching it around a bit --> "Ass-Haul"? That perfectly describes both the purpose of the SUV along with the person behind the wheel.

I would love to replace my MDX with this.

Totally different market between the 2 cars for me. I'm extremely curious on the final design and pricing. From the pictures, I can't say I'm currently a fan. The pictures are a bit obscured though and I'd prefer to see the final package. I'm really curious when they might decide to demo off or show something to the public. Lucid's focus on optimizing interior space is honestly the most interesting part in regards to the gravity. I would love an SUV with the size of a full van inside.
The Hyundai Ioniq 7 may actually have the interior room of a minivan with SUV body style.

The Hyundai Ioniq 7 may actually have the interior room of a minivan with SUV body style.

~6 months later the Genesis version should be on sale, the GV90. The GV90 will be more akin in functionality and luxury to Gravity.

Kia EV9 is said to be 194" long and 81" wide. Originally the Koreans said it would be a direct competitor to Tahoe, Yukon and Escalade standard length but they felt extra length was not necessary to get the interior volume needed.

1662439519757.png

These 3 Korean E-SUV’s look like serious competitors, at least so far. Wheelbase is really where it’s at, with the Ioniq 7 reported to be 126” and the EV9 at 122”. I’m estimating a fully optioned price between 60-65K, less than half certainly of a Mercedes EQS SUV and I imagine as well to the Gravity. I’m impressed every day with the near luxury of my Ioniq 5 as well as 800V architecture, and looking forward to more of the same with these SUVs. I hope the Gravity, whenever its released, can prove me wrong.

Back