- Joined
- Nov 19, 2021
- Messages
- 16,082
- Reaction score
- 22,118
- Location
- Cupertino, CA
- Cars
- Air DE-P, Gravity DE
- Air DE Number
- 241
- Gravity DE Number
- 013
- Referral Code
- Q1BTN5Y3
Yup. It’s not unlike all the cases of people accidentally hitting the accelerator when they meant the brake, and then blaming the car for accelerating when they hit the brake. Of course, upon analysis, it turns out they hit the accelerator by accident.The surprising thing here was that 3 technicians at my house couldn't figure it out. I stumbled on a site that described troubleshooting on a Volvo with genie. I also like to think I'm not a new owner necessarily as I had the air for two years- but I can only imagine someone new to the lucid ecosystem.
Same with the Toyota floor mat debacle, which was… pure mass hysteria, but still something people remember as a “Toyota problem”
Cars Gone Wild: The Major Contributor to Unintended Acceleration in Automobiles is Pedal Error - PMC
“Unintended-acceleration” automobile accidents typically begin when the driver first enters the car, starts the engine, and intends to press his/her right foot on the brake while shifting from Park to a drive gear (Drive or Reverse). The driver ...
That’s why I ask so many questions - people (myself included) often don’t recognize which assumptions they’ve made and which are actual known facts.