Programming Homelink on a Gravity

The surprising thing here was that 3 technicians at my house couldn't figure it out. I stumbled on a site that described troubleshooting on a Volvo with genie. I also like to think I'm not a new owner necessarily as I had the air for two years- but I can only imagine someone new to the lucid ecosystem.
Yup. It’s not unlike all the cases of people accidentally hitting the accelerator when they meant the brake, and then blaming the car for accelerating when they hit the brake. Of course, upon analysis, it turns out they hit the accelerator by accident.

Same with the Toyota floor mat debacle, which was… pure mass hysteria, but still something people remember as a “Toyota problem”


That’s why I ask so many questions - people (myself included) often don’t recognize which assumptions they’ve made and which are actual known facts.
 
none of these approaches work for me. tried everything.
Ditto
and when it was in for service the tech had no issues programming it to their opener

at least I have access to the King of Prussia's service center now....
 
Ditto
and when it was in for service the tech had no issues programming it to their opener

at least I have access to the King of Prussia's service center now....
What brand?
 
the garage door opener?

I want to say Chamberlain
 
and we had no issues whatsoever of programming it to my wife's Ioniq 5
 
the garage door opener?

I want to say Chamberlain
It may be full- what tipped me off was trying to readd my Volvo. Trying adding your ioniq again (don't erase, just add another homelink). If it doesn't add your memory on the chamberlain may be full.
If your memory is full, you probably have old cars on there. My genie/chamberlain had only 7 remotes allowable in memory. I probably had two or three old cars on it that I no longer had. I had to erase memory and readd the two garage clickers and Volvo. I was then able to add the gravity.
 
It may be full- what tipped me off was trying to readd my Volvo. Trying adding your ioniq again (don't erase, just add another homelink). If it doesn't add your memory on the chamberlain may be full.
If your memory is full, you probably have old cars on there. My genie/chamberlain had only 7 remotes allowable in memory. I probably had two or three old cars on it that I no longer had. I had to erase memory and readd the two garage clickers and Volvo. I was then able to add the gravity.

Hmmm..only one other car was programmed and my son drives it now (he bought the house next door)
Guess I'll look into it- thanks
 
Hmmm..only one other car was programmed and my son drives it now (he bought the house next door)
Guess I'll look into it- thanks
The other thing I noticed is that you have to go through all the steps including entering programming mode.
 
Back
Top