Production ramp

Interesting. I was asked to confirm my delivery address but was not asked for insurance information.

original deposit date 9/11/20
confirmed date 09/20/2021
dream P
It is indeed puzzling how Lucid is handling orders/delivery preferences. My original order date was Aug 11, 2020. Then due to some system glitch at Lucid's end, my reservation was automatically cancelled and rebooked on Sep 9th, 2020. I am in Orlando, FL and also have a Gold, P, 21" wheels. The only thing I did slightly later was confirm my final specs- which I did on Sep 25th (as opposed to yours being Sep 20th).
I know some other members here were told deliveries would be based on when they final confirm, but I was told that delivery would be strictly based on original reservation date.
Anyhow, I am hopeful that I should be getting contacted very soon at this point as well! Do keep us posted as you know more about delivery date! Thanks.

cant legally deliver a car in florida without proof of insurance

cant legally deliver a car in florida without proof of insurance

I can't get insurance bound without a VIN, so maybe I'll get the request for proof of insurance when I get the VIN (which I was told would come later today.)

Has anyone received quotes from their insurance company? I know with our Model X our insurance was insane, and we had to shop around quite a bit. With our other EV's it's been more typical of a gas powered equivalent. I'm concerned with Lucid being a brand new company that rates could be really high at first.

i had my agent communicate with them since she needed a date to bind coverage (my backhanded way of trying to pin them down) but it didnt work
we agreed that proof of insurance would be provided when they give us a specific delivery date........damn

didnt ask about the price (lots of cars/many years w chubb)

Got the VIN late this afternoon and will bind insurance coverage on Monday to start one week out.

I'll post the rate when I get it from State Farm, but our Tesla Model S Plaid rate was within $25 of the rate for our outgoing 2015 Model S P90D it replaced which, in turn, had been much lower than the rate for the 2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder we traded for the 2015 Tesla.

One of the biggest contributors to insurance rate is theft experience, and EVs have very low theft rates, probably because you can't keep a stolen one charged up.

Geico is $1925...every 6 months in SoCal

It took two weeks for State Farm to rate the car, but I just was told that my insurance rate for the Dream Edition is $422 for six months. 250/500 Bodily Injury; $2,000 Collision Deductible; windshield replacement included in Comp (by Florida mandate).

What...that is absurdly cheap. Actually that's the same price as my Odyssey!

I was quoted a similar number - $842/year. It was around the same cost as my 2010 Acura MDX - wow!

Back