Price now reduced by $7500

Bobby, here you go yet again telling folks how they should feel about something that affects them personally. Sigh!!!
No one including Bobby told you how to feel. Blaming Lucid for the change in EV credit is meaningless. Just think about it. Would you have been happier to say get your Lucid in 2022 and 7.5k tax credit but because they rushed the production, the car had so many issues? Also, if Lucid takes a cut in their profit to give you 7.5k and the company goes under and you have your Lucid, then what?

Bobby, here you go yet again telling folks how they should feel about something that affects them personally. Sigh!!!
You might want to dial back your tone a little bit here. Please read our guidelines concerning that. If you are unable to do that, please refrain from posting on this forum. Thank you.

It applies to legacy pricing on the Touring.
I just texted my DA - I have the legacy pricing, signed my Purchase Agreement and fully paid on Jan 30th, and I'm scheduled to pick-up my Touring this Saturday. Hopefully I can get in on this 🤞 Will update when I heard back from my DA

Fyi, for those reaching out to their DAs regarding the $7,500 discount.

I received my purchase agreement on Wednesday, signed, and returned it. I made my final cash payment this morning at 8:30 am before work. An hour later, I texted my DA that final payment had been made. Then 30 minutes later, Lucid released the official notice about the $7,500 off select models. I immediately texted him asking for the discount and a new purchase agreement to reflect the discount. Apparently, Lucid has approved it and they are sending me a new purchase agreement. I'm waiting for an update on how my refund will be processed -- will they adjust the payment amount I made, reject it and have me make another payment for the adjusted amount, or issue me a refund back to my checking account? That's where I am now.

Touring folks still waiting, reach out to you DAs immediately!!!
Although I took delivery already, it looks from your screenshot and location that we have the same DA. I reached out to him as well. Although I'm not technically entitled to it, I'm hoping that Lucid will do something for me since it was only a matter of a few days. Had I known this was a possibility I would gladly have delayed delivery a week!

I received my purchase agreement on Wednesday, signed, and returned it. I made my final cash payment this morning at 8:30 am before work. An hour later, I texted my DA that final payment had been made. Then 30 minutes later, Lucid released the official notice about the $7,500 off select models. I immediately texted him asking for the discount and a new purchase agreement to reflect the discount. Apparently, Lucid has approved it and they are sending me a new purchase agreement. I'm waiting for an update on how my refund will be processed -- will they adjust the payment amount I made, reject it and have me make another payment for the adjusted amount, or issue me a refund back to my checking account? That's where I am now.

That's great! I'm glad to hear you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

Here is the bulk of the email from a financial source, not directly from lucid
The announcement is available directly on the Lucid site: https://www.lucidmotors.com/stories/lucid-announces-ev-credit
Applies to GT and Touring, but not stealth, metal roof, Purluxe interior, or leases, and applies to U.S. only. Take delivery by April 30. The announcement on the site does not mention specifically the legacy orders/pricing. By omitting stealth etc. they are saying that if you were already not expecting to be able to get that tax credit because they had already announced later availability, then they're not addressing your expectation gap.

I just texted my DA - I have the legacy pricing, signed my Purchase Agreement and fully paid on Jan 30th, and I'm scheduled to pick-up my Touring this Saturday. Hopefully I can get in on this 🤞 Will update when I heard back from my DA

My DA responded - they're updating my Purchase Agreement and refunding the $7500 🎉

This is how business is done! I guarantee that Rivian and Tesla would have told you to pound sand.

Zak Edson’s comment was:
“We think our customers still deserve a $7,500 credit for choosing an EV. Lucid Air owners have told us how much they love this car, from the world-class driving experience to the elegant design and spacious interior. With this limited time offer, we hope to get Lucid Air into the hands of even more customers so they can experience the best for themselves.”

So I guess buyers of the Pure ‘don’t deserve’ the credit. ;)

This is how business is done! I guarantee that Rivian and Tesla would have told you to pound sand.
Yup! Happy customer here!

Zak Edson’s comment was:
“We think our customers still deserve a $7,500 credit for choosing an EV. Lucid Air owners have told us how much they love this car, from the world-class driving experience to the elegant design and spacious interior. With this limited time offer, we hope to get Lucid Air into the hands of even more customers so they can experience the best for themselves.”

So I guess buyers of the Pure ‘don’t deserve’ the credit. ;)
I have full faith that this credit will be extended to the Pure folks when the production of Pures ramp up. I think the ending date of 3/31 was deliberate. That's the end of Q1 when Pure production is expected to ramp up beginning in Q2.

Update: Just got off the phone with my DA.. he said because I had taken delivery prior to today at 9AM, I was not eligible to receive a refund......
I'm sorry.

Update: Just got off the phone with my DA.. he said because I had taken delivery prior to today at 9AM, I was not eligible to receive a refund......
(For reference, I have a fully loaded Touring that I took delivery of on 1/20/23).

Just this morning at 10:18am EST I received an email from Lucid Sales thanking me for completing my payment on my Lucid Air Touring that I am scheduled to pick up next Friday Feb 17 at the Chicago facility. A story announcing the $7,500 discount on some models was announced on Seeking Alpha at 9:28 roughly an hour before the email thanking me for paying for my Touring Air. I messaged my DA promptly to request the $7,500 discount since I have not taken delivery of the vehicle and it is the only fair and equitable course of action. I haven't heard a response yet but I certainly hope we get started on the right foot. It has been quite difficult to stay the course with Lucid given all of the stories I have studied on this forum. Untangling the contract at this time could be messy. I don't know if I could count on a company who wouldn't extend a discount they offered freely to a customer who paid for an undelivered vehicle. I don't know..... I hope to share good news unless a non-disclosure is involved

This is terribly handled - I took delivery 10 days ago and have to yell at my DA as well.

Also in my case they are supposed to refund me $500 which they still havent done so I guess my purchase isnt even complete yet.

Back