• Lucid Owners Notice: Text messaging to Customer Care unavailable for two weeks starting the week of July 8th. Click Here for further details.

Press versus reality

flfy

Cars
lucid air pure
DE Number
I'm totally confused, I read everywhere posting of gloom and doom for Lucid in the 'popular' media and financial press. I read here about comparative testing reports ( saying wonderful things), and reports in this cite of numerous awards. My question is. Why isn't there the same amount of press on the good/nay outstanding stuff that there is on the repots of inevitable doom?

I'm totally confused, I read everywhere posting of gloom and doom for Lucid in the 'popular' media and financial press. I read here about comparative testing reports ( saying wonderful things), and reports in this cite of numerous awards. My question is. Why isn't there the same amount of press on the good/nay outstanding stuff that there is on the repots of inevitable doom?
It's a very good question. Seems that only recently, Lucid has finally started to enjoy some positive press. I think a lot of the reason is that doom and disaster articles attract clicks, and clicks lead to advertising revenue, which is why these outlets exist.

There are more entities that want Lucid to fail than succeed… Let’s see… The haters: Tesla, GM, VW, Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Ford. They all (well not Tesla, but Elon hates Lucid anyway) advertise heavily in the “popular media”. Lucid does not have the cash to advertise. I take it with a grain of salt. I am a Lucid Air owner (love the car) and a Lucid shareholder (adding, not selling).

The Lucid cheerleaders is a much shorter list: Lucid Air owners, retail investors (like me), the Saudi PIF of course, and some of the larger institutional investors (e.g. Vanguard) who have added significantly to their positions per SEC filings.

Because negative press makes money for short sellers, and short sellers love speaking doom and gloom about stocks they've shorted. All those supposed experts on the financial economy that the press is getting their information from? They get their information from ... short sellers, by way of blog posts and the like.

I take it as the difference between a risk averse finance guy writing an article with historical odds on his side and a true car guy like Jason Cammisa acknowledging that Lucid makes a BEV that drives like the greatest ICE sedans from the last 20 years. The technology, efficiency, driving dynamics, and the Gravity will be what sets Lucid on an exponential growth path. There is way too much good in Lucid for it to fail (Preston Tucker on line 3), and I'm moving money to back up my pie hole noise.

More clicks from tesla fanboys who number substantially more than Lucid fanboys. Also, short sellers pay amateurs to write hit articles for these websites ( motley fool, investorplace, seekingalpha 24/7 wall street etc). Its a win win for them- shorts scare people into selling Lucid stock or encourage them no to buy, websites get traffic, amateurs get paid to do it.

Lucid poor sales of course didn't help but now it looks like things are turning around. Once sales improve and stock price consistently climbs, shorts will slowly stop manipulating and buy to cover.

It's all true about the short sellers. Some of the negative articles circulating were likely written by AI bots with the prompt "write a bearish article about LCID and mention bankruptcy". Do your own careful due diligence.

It's all true about the short sellers. Some of the negative articles circulating were likely written by AI bots with the prompt "write a bearish article about LCID and mention bankruptcy". Do your own careful due diligence.
A particularly funny example of these stock haters is seen in this thread, where on the same day they posted an article trashing Lucid... and another saying to buy it now or regret it. It is very obvious to me that they are just fishing for clicks with these takes, getting them even more ad revenue. (https://lucidowners.com/threads/investorplace-likes-lucid.9306/#post-212130)

Back