• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Post/share your non-Lucid other car(s)! (ICE-appreciation thread?)

No, the dealership is as tight lipped as my wife's latest shoes purchase (she thinks I don't know, lol).
To me, maybe I'm biased a bit, the Huracan is a sculpture.
Period.
The new one, the back is okay, just okay and the front is okay too, again just okay.
I definitely would have to see it in person.
Comparing the headlights to Ferrari... probably.
Ferrari in my view is THE most pompous carmaker ever.
I call it a rich man's Corvette. Meaning, it's hard to distinguish from a quarter mile away what it is, a Corvette, or a Ferrari.
As @Sapphire™ said, Lego design so far, based on Internet pictures. We will see.

No, the dealership is as tight lipped as my wife's latest shoes purchase (she thinks I don't know, lol).
Period.
The new one, the back is okay, just okay and the front is okay too, again just okay.
I call it a rich man's Corvette. Meaning, it's hard to distinguish from a quarter mile away what it is, a Corvette, or a Ferrari.
As @Sapphire™ said, Lego design so far, based on Internet pictures. We will see.
Both of us are biased towards the Huracan, then. I remember just driving that machine outfitted in GIallo Midas around the virtual map.. the sound is quite literally intoxicating.

You are completely right about the design, the Huracan just looks menacing in a way the Temerario can't. It looks far more curvy than the Huracan, from the spy shots.

Also, please do not compare the Ferrari to the Corvette. We both know that is an unfair comparison.. don't insult the Corvette by comparing it to a Ferrari! 🤣 But seriously, it has a V8 vs the 296's V6.. it will be faster around a track AND in a straight line with the Zora, and to me, it looks sharper (although the 296 is a nice looking car in terms of its curves). Such a shame the company is this pompous, since the cars are actually quite nice (don't hold a candle to Lambos though..). After the visits to both museums, I finally figured out how to split the brands; Ferrari's are rolling art pieces (not much more, though.. and I like Lambo design better), while Lamborghini's are machines that you USE, that are raw and fantastic at driving. On my Ferrari museum visit, it was so damn funny how much they praised their cars. They literally displayed their piece of shit 2020 f1 car there and acted like we were supposed to bow down to it! The cars itself were nice, and the F1 simulator was a GREAT experience. Only modern Ferrari I would take is a 812C or perhaps a SP1.. I have an appreciation for these windshield-less cars, such as the after mentioned Aventador J.

IMG_2220.jpeg

IMG_2253.jpeg

(pay attention to the pompous quote on the upper level: "The best ferrari built is the next one")

2002 BMW E39 540/6
2019 Audi S4
2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
2023 Lucid Air Grand Touring coming this Friday!

Attachments

• IMG_2708.jpeg
    9.3 MB · Views: 21
Period.

You and I may have finally found something we completely agree on.

One of my buddies recently sold his Huracan in favor of his R8. I prefer the R8, tbh, but in terms of looks the Huracan was incredible.

This is his R8:
414925629_18410974525039952_7535149768450258948_n.jpg414957124_18410974543039952_6528459113209733248_n.jpg415352056_18410974552039952_199399071487302952_n.jpg423160612_18415928638039952_3389180700737071294_n.jpg423240236_18415928629039952_7044040501564059410_n.jpg

And this was his Huracan:
46996810_262862224405443_5708519340694814195_n.jpg53226449_298399857520346_634934647464261013_n.jpg61970369_1714680015302427_5669940988293189814_n.jpg62435027_435575180328777_3557907508009401598_n.jpg95623945_2637187973185437_3651692961747771376_n.jpg

Last edited:
Regarding the Ferrari, or the Huracan being a sculpture?

Your dream car, the R8, is very similar to the Huracan. I've always wondered, other than the more understated design and price (its a DREAM car), why do you prefer the Audi over the Lambo?

Regarding the Ferrari, or the Huracan being a sculpture?
Yes.

Your dream car, the R8, is very similar to the Huracan. I've always wondered, other than the more understated design and price (its a DREAM car), why do you prefer the Audi over the Lambo?
Practicality, for one thing. I mean, neither is practical, lol, but the R8 is easier to 'get away with' without a gaggle of people staring at you, while performing just as well if not better.

Also, much better visibility, seats are much more comfortable and the build quality is better overall.

The huracan is just a bit extra in just about every possible way. Extra drama, extra looks, extra low, extra uncomfortable... just extra everything. They're obviously both incredible cars.

This might be sacrilege, but the last Lamborghini I really liked was the Gallardo.

You're right, both of the points are correct.
Practicality, for one thing. I mean, neither is practical, lol, but the R8 is easier to 'get away with' without a gaggle of people staring at you, while performing just as well if not better.

Also, much better visibility, seats are much more comfortable and the build quality is better overall.

The huracan is just a bit extra in just about every possible way. Extra drama, extra looks, extra low, extra uncomfortable... just extra everything. They're obviously both incredible cars.
I totally see your point. I've got to take your word regarding the R8, since I've only sat in a Huracan so far. The first gen R8 was pure perfection.. I just don't like the angular design of the 2nd one. It looks like it wants to be a Lambo, but with none of that "presence." I could totally understand a R8 being more daily drivable than a Huracan.. but I just like the Huracan for all the "extra" factors you stated. Differing tastes perhaps..
This might be sacrilege, but the last Lamborghini I really liked was the Gallardo.
A question, why? What was so special about the Gallardo vs the more recent Lamborghinis (other than looks, I totally see how you could like the gallardo more in that department)? And you're right, its sacrilege; ban time for you! Hey, wait a second...

But twin turbo either of them, and hell, you better forget ANY semblance of practicality!

but I just like the Huracan for all the "extra" factors you stated. Differing tastes perhaps..
When I was 14, I wanted "extra" too.

Now that I'm 36, I've learned it's not about how flashy it is, but what's under the hood.

It's like when you are hanging out at a bar (not that you've had this experience yet)... the guy who is clearly seeking all the attention? That's not the one that goes home with the girl (or guy, or whatever, but you get the idea).

Another good example is how guys who pick fights are always terrible at fighting. Guys who know how to fight (i.e. have studied martial arts) have zero interest in picking a fight, because they know that a 120lb tiny human may very well wipe the floor with them, and respect is assumed by default. The bluster and machismo of a drunk guy falling all over themselves trying to get a punch in the face? That guy is only going to hurt himself.

True confidence is worn in your heart and mind, not on your sleeve.

I totally see your point. I've got to take your word regarding the R8, since I've only sat in a Huracan so far. The first gen R8 was pure perfection.. I just don't like the angular design of the 2nd one. It looks like it wants to be a Lambo, but with none of that "presence." I could totally understand a R8 being more daily drivable than a Huracan.. but I just like the Huracan for all the "extra" factors you stated. Differing tastes perhaps...
One thing: As a daily driver, an exotic can be a lot of work. They are created for maximum driver involvement - this means extra drama with every movement of the accelerator or steering wheel. Sound, vibration, excitement. By about the second year, you sometimes just want to get to work or to Trader Joe's without the car trying to be the equivalent of a coke-snorting stripper.

One of my buddies recently sold his Huracan in favor of his R8. I prefer the R8, tbh, but in terms of looks the Huracan was incredible.

This is his R8:
View attachment 20220View attachment 20221View attachment 20222View attachment 20223View attachment 20224

View attachment 20225View attachment 20226View attachment 20227View attachment 20228View attachment 20229
Sweet huracan
I had an early R8 and Lp Gallardo. I miss the G however, the new Z06 is significantly better than either. The Huracan is such a beauty
🤘

This is his R8:
View attachment 20220View attachment 20221View attachment 20222View attachment 20223View attachment 20224

View attachment 20225View attachment 20226View attachment 20227View attachment 20228View attachment 20229
Okay, so I might just be wrong here... but does the Huracan look SLEEKER than the R8 to anybody else? The R8 is fake vent paradise, lol, but the Lambo just looks sleek, sophisticated, AND aggressive at the same time. A perfect mix of it all. Maybe the paint color with the imagery (gorgeous background.. where is it if i may ask?) contributes to that, but nevertheless, the Huracan is still a sculpture to me.

Okay, so I might just be wrong here... but does the Huracan look SLEEKER than the R8 to anybody else? The R8 is fake vent paradise, lol, but the Lambo just looks sleek, sophisticated, AND aggressive at the same time. A perfect mix of it all. Maybe the paint color with the imagery (gorgeous background.. where is it if i may ask?) contributes to that, but nevertheless, the Huracan is still a sculpture to me.
Just opinion, that's all. I love the look of both. They're very different.

All of those photos are taken by the owner (who is himself an amateur photographer/videographer/music composer), and all are in the bay area or along PCH/Hwy 1. :)

CA really is just such a car lover's dream state. A single drive down the PCH or Skyline Dr in any great car is enough to make you fall in love and never leave. Ask me how I know. :)

When I was 14, I wanted "extra" too.

Now that I'm 36, I've learned it's not about how flashy it is, but what's under the hood.

It's like when you are hanging out at a bar (not that you've had this experience yet)... the guy who is clearly seeking all the attention? That's not the one that goes home with the girl (or guy, or whatever, but you get the idea).

Another good example is how guys who pick fights are always terrible at fighting. Guys who know how to fight (i.e. have studied martial arts) have zero interest in picking a fight, because they know that a 120lb tiny human may very well wipe the floor with them, and respect is assumed by default. The bluster and machismo of a drunk guy falling all over themselves trying to get a punch in the face? That guy is only going to hurt himself.

True confidence is worn in your heart and mind, not on your sleeve.
I too usually love sleepers... but damn, that Huracan is intoxicating. Maybe/probably because it has that "hero car" effect on me? I totally get what you mean, especially with the martial arts reference (I'm a black belt in tae-kwon-do), and this principle actually applies to a LOT of road "racers" too. For example, the day we got the EV9, some young people in a 370z challenged us for a quick race and revved their fart can exhaust up. Needless to say, they were NOT expecting to get dusted by a large family SUV! It's one of the best parts of EVs.
One thing: As a daily driver, an exotic can be a lot of work. They are created for maximum driver involvement - this means extra drama with every movement of the accelerator or steering wheel. Sound, vibration, excitement. By about the second year, you sometimes just want to get to work or to Trader Joe's without the car trying to be the equivalent of a coke-snorting stripper.
Very true, but for the people who want that "supercar" experience with a comfortable ride, wouldn't a GT be the best for them? For example; a DB12, a GranTurismo, etc? I thought I read somewhere that exotics were driven 800 miles a year on average. I guess what you are describing is why an EV is absolutely perfect for these purposes.. you can have a comfortable ride but still teleport 1/4 mile at a time!

Just opinion, that's all. I love the look of both. They're very different.

All of those photos are taken by the owner (who is himself an amateur photographer/videographer/music composer), and all are in the bay area or along PCH/Hwy 1. :)

CA really is just such a car lover's dream state. A single drive down the PCH or Skyline Dr in any great car is enough to make you fall in love and never leave. Ask me how I know. :)
It's very beautiful (the car and the scenery)! I'm more of a LA guy than the Bay area, and there are great driving roads there too. I just love how geographically diverse LA is... in close proximity to each other, there's the Topanga park, a whole damn city, the Santa Monica mountains, the beaches, I could go on and on. I probably missed a lot, but those were the places we visited a long time ago and which I loved. I'd definitely want to live in LA someday.

But hey, all of the above could probably apply to the entirety of CA as you said!

It's very beautiful (the car and the scenery)! I'm more of a LA guy than the Bay area, and there are great driving roads there too. I just love how geographically diverse LA is... in close proximity to each other, there's the Topanga park, a whole damn city, the Santa Monica mountains, the beaches, I could go on and on. I probably missed a lot, but those were the places we visited a long time ago and which I loved. I'd definitely want to live in LA someday.

But hey, all of the above could probably apply to the entirety of CA as you said!
Yeah, you just haven't been around enough of California. I agree LA is a fantastic place for driving, to be clear.

But in the bay area alone, we've got SF, Half Moon Bay, Yosemite, Muir Woods, the Golden Gate, Monterey, Napa/Sonoma, Marin, Filoli Gardens, I mean... the list goes on.

It's CA, not LA. :)

1714321780299.png

Attachments

• IMG_0438.jpeg
    IMG_0438.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9899.jpeg
    IMG_9899.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 19
Back