Polestar 2

mnewber1

Cars
Air Touring
DE Number
Does anyone have experience with Polestar 2? Specifically their Highway Assist ability? I know it can lane center, can it change lanes?

I am considering this as an option if we don't start seeing confirmations in July for Tourings.

I test drove it several times and much prefer it over the Tesla Model 3 and Y. The drawback is pretty inferior range, a fairly cramped cabin if you’re tall/broad like myself, smaller back seat, worse stereo, less storage and meh seats (unless you get the ventilated leather).

Handling can be quite good with the sport pack and the car is quite responsive and fun. The infotainment is google powered and has no CarPlay, but functions well without it. The ADAS is nice too.

It’ll be nowhere near the Lucid for performance in any trim, but as a lower price alternative it is quite good. I have a hard time recommending it over an Ioniq 5 however as the Hyundai is better in almost every respect except handling.

One note is that Polestar is definitely one to watch with the 3 and 5 coming soon on bespoke EV platforms - I do consider them an automaker to watch closely.

I have a Polestar 2 as my daily driver. It's fun to drive, good handling, nice infotainment, and decent lane assist. The lane assist is better than my Audi E-tron SUV or my Taycan but not as good as Tesla. It does not automatically change lanes, but pauses the lane assist when you turn on a blinker and then re-engages when the blinker is turned off. It will go around moderate curves in the highway and doesn't ping-pong like the Audi or Porsche. It's also really good at low speed stop and go traffic, and easier to turn on and off compared to the Germans.

Overall it's a great car. It does feel more cockpit like (which I prefer) compared to a Tesla or an Ioniq 5, but it does have the hatch which is better than a Model 3, and it's way more sporty than an Ioniq 5. Charging speed and range are the biggest drawbacks in my opinion, but I won't be using mine for long road trips.

The biggest selling point for me were the Polestar lease rates. They are very competitive against any of the other EV's in the same price range. Cheaper than a similarly equipped Model 3/Y, Mach-E, or Ioniq 5. My lease is 3 years, 10k miles, fully loaded at about $600 a month with 3 years of free Electrify America charging.

I have a Polestar 2 as my daily driver. It's fun to drive, good handling, nice infotainment, and decent lane assist. The lane assist is better than my Audi E-tron SUV or my Taycan but not as good as Tesla. It does not automatically change lanes, but pauses the lane assist when you turn on a blinker and then re-engages when the blinker is turned off. It will go around moderate curves in the highway and doesn't ping-pong like the Audi or Porsche. It's also really good at low speed stop and go traffic, and easier to turn on and off compared to the Germans.

Overall it's a great car. It does feel more cockpit like (which I prefer) compared to a Tesla or an Ioniq 5, but it does have the hatch which is better than a Model 3, and it's way more sporty than an Ioniq 5. Charging speed and range are the biggest drawbacks in my opinion, but I won't be using mine for long road trips.

The biggest selling point for me were the Polestar lease rates. They are very competitive against any of the other EV's in the same price range. Cheaper than a similarly equipped Model 3/Y, Mach-E, or Ioniq 5. My lease is 3 years, 10k miles, fully loaded at about $600 a month with 3 years of free Electrify America charging.
Great perspective. Agreed about sportiness vs. the Ioniq 5 and their lease rates are excellent too

I test drove one with the performance pack. I think the snug cockpit is a great description.

My favorite thing was the google assistant. I could use to turn the heating steering and seats on/off (couldn’t find buttons on the test drive).

It has coil springs like the air. Mine had the performance pack it wasn’t as stiff as I read about online.

Does anyone have experience with Polestar 2? Specifically their Highway Assist ability? I know it can lane center, can it change lanes?

I am considering this as an option if we don't start seeing confirmations in July for Tourings.

Out of curiosity, of all the features that are showing up in ADAS, the one I have never understood is the automatic lane change feature. The blind side alert will tell you when it is safe to change lanes (it uses the same technology as the lane change assistant so if the system fails, it would fail either way). For me, I look in the side view mirror (which is adjusted to show cars at the side, not the side of my car), and if it is clear, I still glance backwards to make sure. Sort of like Tier 3...redundancy.

Back