Pilot panel screen protector?

steveairgt

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
83YOVHQD
Hi
Does anyone use a screen protector for the pilot panel? Suggestions?

Do you feel it’s more prone to scratching than the original Tesla model S or X dashboard large 17” screen?

Thanks in advance.

An early Dream recipient posted some time ago about a protector they were using. Have no idea what thread.

I found the thread. Its about 5 months old.

No pictures.

Its about $90

I found the thread. Its about 5 months old.

No pictures.

Its about $90
Is the desired purpose of the screen protector to just prevent scratching, or also to reduce glare?

I ordered this, tried to apply it, failed, and immediately threw it away. It does not have a guide or anything like that and is basically impossible to cleanly install (at least for me).

I ordered this, tried to apply it, failed, and immediately threw it away. It does not have a guide or anything like that and is basically impossible to cleanly install (at least for me).
I saw the install video on their website. It seems with pilot panel it could be difficult to reach the top portion of the screen.

My detailer called in a guy who custom fit all screens with screen protectors in my Lucid, including the driver one that isn't even touch screen.

But one caveat I have noticed is that sometimes the pilot panel will come down by itself if I move it up to get it out of the way. I am wondering if there's a certain threshold of thickness of screen protector that should be used. From what I can tell, it's average screen protector thickness, pretty thin, yet maybe the screen thinks something is impacting it and retracts again? Not quite sure

Try this one

It's the one I had in the car, and I think it's the one my detailer used for my pilot panel, but all the rest of the screens were done custom fitted by someone he called in

Fair warning, it's a bit glossy and reflective

Has anyone tried this one : https://twraps.com/products/screen-protectors-for-lucid-air-9h-hardness-pet?variant=44829647864115
I find the glass ones are easier to install since they are rigid, you just have to align one edge
Just ordered it. I’ll post back here when I’ve had a chance to try to install.

Agreed on the firm vs flexible protectors. I tried one of those and screwed up the installation so bad I just threw the whole thing out in frustration.

I do not have the patience for that sort of thing. But I am particular enough to be driven nuts if it isn’t exactly right. Terrible combination.

Hi
Does anyone use a screen protector for the pilot panel? Suggestions?

Do you feel it’s more prone to scratching than the original Tesla model S or X dashboard large 17” screen?

Thanks in advance.

TWRAPS Screen Protectors for Lucid Air - All 3 Matte/Anti-glare, Includes Main, Pilot and Back Display Protection for the Touchscreen & Infotainment System​

1. TWRAPS Screen Protectors for Lucid Air - All 3 Matte/Anti-glare, Includes Main, Pilot and Back Display Protection for the Touchscreen & Infotainment System

This install was the best $70 accessory .... No more smudges, scratches or cleaning.

Back