NuShield Protective Glass Shield

Luci

Cars
Lucid Air - DE Red
DE Number
For those interested, I have been working with NuShield for the customized protective screen to go over the pilot panel and glass cockpit. I received and installed mine this week, and love it!

Both can now be ordered from their website as follows:

www.nushield.com/order_now.php. Each are listed Lucid Air Dream Glass Cockpit and Pilot Panel.
For ten percent off your order, the discount code made available to this group is: CCPD10%. (note this must be exactly as written, all caps)

I do not receive any renumeration if you choose to order.

For those interested, I have been working with NuShield for the customized protective screen to go over the pilot panel and glass cockpit. I received and installed mine this week, and love it!

www.nushield.com/order_now.php. Each are listed Lucid Air Dream Glass Cockpit and Pilot Panel.
For ten percent off your order, the discount code made available to this group is: CCPD10%. (note this must be exactly as written, all caps)

I’m not sure if this is accurate or not, but when I took delivery, during my orientation I was specifically told to remove the cover on the pilot panel as leaving it on there would damage the motors that extend and retract the panel. I’m not sure if the one you have that was designed will cause the same issue or not.

I’m not sure if this is accurate or not, but when I took delivery, during my orientation I was specifically told to remove the cover on the pilot panel as leaving it on there would damage the motors that extend and retract the panel. I’m not sure if the one you have that was designed will cause the same issue or not.
Coltonw011: the protective covers are much thinner than that shipped with the vehicle. No issues with extenting and retracting the panel and does not seem labored in any fashion. Though you will have to decide on your own if you wish to proceed. Personally I love that there are no more fingerprints to content with!

Coltonw011: the protective covers are much thinner than that shipped with the vehicle. No issues with extenting and retracting the panel and does not seem labored in any fashion. Though you will have to decide on your own if you wish to proceed. Personally I love that there are no more fingerprints to content with!
Perfect! Love it, I’ll check them out. Thanks!

Fantastic work thank you! Any pictures of this in use? How protective is it from fingerprints? Does it reduce glare from the sun? And does it dim the screen to any degree? Is it matte or shiny? Any textured feel to it? How easy is it to install?

I’ve been searching for such a solution for ages. Settled on cutting down a Papelike screen protector for iPad to fit it on the pilot panel which works decently but would love a dedicated option.

Yes please let us know how it stands up in the heat. The DayVue description doesn't specifically mention fingerprint prevention so I'm curious how well that works.

Some reviews on macrumors suggest that the dayvue is even more prone to fingerprints than bare screen 🤔

Yes please let us know how it stands up in the heat. The DayVue description doesn't specifically mention fingerprint prevention so I'm curious how well that works.
will keep you posted. We were out and about in the 102 Texas heat yesterday, and no problem. Having said that, it's only two days old. :)

Website and online agent said resists, not prevent and said nothing about heat. Would be interested in knowing about real time usage.

I too am interested as I am looking for a screen protector for my AGT.

I see its about $90. Its that for 2 protectors (both touch screens)?

Are these pre-cut to fit exactly or is cutting involved?
thanks.

Assuming the Air cabin is dimensionally the same across trim levels, wouldn't this also work for the GT, AT, or AP?

That's expensive for screen protectors. Guess I'll just wait until more hit the market

@Luci Did you have any difficulty installing it? I watched the install video which basically shows how to install it on an iPad.
It seems that the top of the pilot panel would be difficult to get to. (i.e.: the top part of the screen).

Also is the cockpit protector all one piece? That seems pretty long. aprox 35". Any challenges to install?
thanks

Does the pilot panel protector interfere with it's ability to move?

Back