Pilot Panel Frozen

24LAPS

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Pure
While driving, the pilot panel froze with the Air logo super-imposed over what looks like a blurred navigation map. Most anxiety I’ve had since I was on the freeway and didn’t know if the software will reboot or not. Exited the freeway, stopped, exited the car, locked the doors for about 10 minutes, unlocked and pilot still frozen. Drove to EA and started charging. After 20 mins of charging, with the same frozen pilot panel, started to drive and after a couple of minutes, pilot panel went back to normal operations. Weird and worrisome… is it safe to drive when pilot freezes like that? SW ver 2.3.10 on Air Pure.

Attachments

• IMG_7086.webp
    IMG_7086.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 508
The pilot panel is not critical for driving. It's not ideal if it crashes, but it won't cut power to your motors or anything like that. Was the top right screen usable? If so, a "Bobby reset" likely would have fixed that. If not, call customer care as soon as you're able to stop and they will guide you through a more thorough reboot. In fact, you should send customer care an email or text now noting the time this happened so they can look into it.

Check the reset section on https://www.lucidupdates.com/faq.html for how to do a Bobby reset.

While driving, the pilot panel froze with the Air logo super-imposed over what looks like a blurred navigation map. Most anxiety I’ve had since I was on the freeway and didn’t know if the software will reboot or not. Exited the freeway, stopped, exited the car, locked the doors for about 10 minutes, unlocked and pilot still frozen. Drove to EA and started charging. After 20 mins of charging, with the same frozen pilot panel, started to drive and after a couple of minutes, pilot panel went back to normal operations. Weird and worrisome… is it safe to drive when pilot freezes like that? SW ver 2.3.10 on Air Pure.
Someone else posted about this yesterday too. Here's my response/solution:

Post in thread '2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA' https://lucidowners.com/threads/2-4-0-2-4-2-ota.9929/post-223937

The pilot panel is not critical for driving. It's not ideal if it crashes, but it won't cut power to your motors or anything like that. Was the top right screen usable? If so, a "Bobby reset" likely would have fixed that. If not, call customer care as soon as you're able to stop and they will guide you through a more thorough reboot. In fact, you should send customer care an email or text now noting the time this happened so they can look into it.

Check the reset section on https://www.lucidupdates.com/faq.html for how to do a Bobby reset.
Thanks for the response. Good to know that it won’t cut power. I was on the chat with customer care who recommended a brake/X/mic reset when it fixed itself.

Thanks for the response. Good to know that it won’t cut power. I was on the chat with customer care who recommended a brake/X/mic reset when it fixed itself.
And yes, the entire cockpit panel was operational.

Back