2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

So, I had this totally genius plan to park my car on Mount Everest and download the latest software update. I mean, who wouldn't want to brag about that on social media? But turns out, the only thing I was updating up there was my oxygen tank. And the cell service? Let's just say it was about as reliable as a politician's promise.

Anyway, after failing miserably at that, I had this brilliant idea. I figured, if the air's not gonna cooperate, maybe water will. So, I'm thinking of parking my car underwater. Yeah, you read that right. Beneath the Pacific Ocean. Near Lucid HQ, of course. Because why not? I'm sure they'll appreciate a submerged vehicle with shinny California Bear on it. 😃😀😉

I think this update is starting to impact our mental health. Just saying…

I think this update is starting to impact our mental health. Just saying…
Ha! Yes! I used to tell my kids that they should be cautious about driving me nuts, as it is a very short drive. No shorter a drive, but I'll get there a lot quicker with launch mode at my disposal!

Last edited:
Anyway, after failing miserably at that, I had this brilliant idea. I figured, if the air's not gonna cooperate, maybe water will. So, I'm thinking of parking my car underwater. Yeah, you read that right. Beneath the Pacific Ocean. Near Lucid HQ, of course. Because why not? I'm sure they'll appreciate a submerged vehicle with shinny California Bear on it. 😃😀😉

Who are 'they' who will appreciate it at the bottom of the ocean? Flounders? :)

I figured, if the air's not gonna cooperate, maybe water will. So, I'm thinking of parking my car underwater.
Cell reception is not great under water unfortunately.

Why not play to the rumored name of the new midsize, and bury your car in the ground?

As far as the signal goes, there are three possibilities:
1. Slightly move it so it flashes three times
2. Move it past the detent so it stays on
3. Hold it in the slight position, before the detent for about one second and it will know that you want it to change lanes automatically.
Thanks, that helped. I did realize my issue as well, so every 30 seconds or so it asks to nudge the steering wheel. If you are trying to do the lane change and that nudge warning comes on, it will prematurely cancel the dotted line that Lucid sees, so you basically have to appease the warning and then the signaling will work. I didn't realize because when the signal was on and the camera comes on, it makes it less obvious to see or hear the nudge warning

As far as the signal goes, there are three possibilities:
1. Slightly move it so it flashes three times
2. Move it past the detent so it stays on
3. Hold it in the slight position, before the detent for about one second and it will know that you want it to change lanes automatically.
This is almost correct.

Tapping and briefly holding the turn signal lever in any detent would activate the LCA. Once you see “LCA Initiated” on the front screen, that means feature was successfully engaged.

To do manual lane changes you can either tap to detent 1 for 3 blinks, or detent 2 for continuous turn signals.

This is straight from Lucid.

Anyone notice differences with the audio quality with the new update? Or less glitchy XM/TIDAL/CARPLAY interface?
Mine was not Glitchy before, but the latest update made all my volume go away during one of the drives.

Ha! Yes! I used to tell my kids that they should be cautious about driving me nuts, as it is a very short drive. No shorter a drive, but I'll get there a lot quicker with launch mode at my disposal!
It's not the short drives that you have to worry about; it's the gimme putts...

"reset procedure," not "rest procedure," of course. Darned autocorrect!
Supposedly you can also reset your car with your key card; procedures are in the manual but I have not yet tried. FYI

I'm sorry to ask a question that might have been answered previously (probably in this thread). But I scanned quickly and didn't see it. Is this/are these updates just for DDP cars? I don't have DDP and this is the longest I've had to wait before receiving an update notification. Thank you in advance

I'm sorry to ask a question that might have been answered previously (probably in this thread). But I scanned quickly and didn't see it. Is this/are these updates just for DDP cars? I don't have DDP and this is the longest I've had to wait before receiving an update notification. Thank you in advance
Lucid appears to be slow rolling this one, due to possible issues with some cars. So it's not surprising you don't have it yet.

All cars will eventually get some form of this update (It does more than HA stuff) despite the DDP features not doing anything for non DDP cars.

Supposedly you can also reset your car with your key card; procedures are in the manual but I have not yet tried. FYI
Haven't heard of this one. Can you post more please?

This update is taking forever to roll out. Used to be one of the first but still on 2.3.10

Give it a chance first. I've ridden with it; it's spectacular. It's way better than what HA does now on curves.
It is truly a crap release. In summation, DD pro will not engage. The new lane display on mine does not see a car on my left until it is almost past me, Voice control of my dialer is completely broken, The only destination that the Nav search was able to find so far is Target, My cameras are mostly offline (4 cameras are now showing faults) and all smart integrations to other devices is gone and may never be replaced. So why should I be pleased with 2.4.2?? This forum is getting like a Tesla forum with too many apologists, deniers and rationalizers and not enough pressure on Lucid to do better. This will be the 4th time my GT will be towed to Houston. I am sort of OK for it going in for hardware issues, but I am absolutely not OK for it to go in for Lucid breaking it with poorly tested software releases that may take a month for a correcting release to appear. In Dallas, they do not supply a Lucid loaner, we are on our own to locate a rental car, which is tough to even find a rental after the shake out of car rental agencies in the last years. For the first time, I am not able to rationalize, apologize or deny for Lucid. Lucid did a really crap job of testing before the rollout. In a real world, there are minor differences in hardware. Mine has a combination of original hardware and newer hardware to replace various failed systems. Those who do not use or know how to use the smart integration features may not hate this as much, and it is doubtful that lucid will ever give them back. These features were a great part of why I chose a Lucid. If I wanted this kind of garbage, I would have bought a Tesla.

Last edited:
I'm on 2.4.2 and just had an issue where my pilot panel froze on a faded version of a navigation screen (see attachment). The panel wouldn't respond to any of the buttons at its bottom, except for the Parking button. I couldn't do an "Air logo" reset, because I couldn't get to that screen. Doing the various "lock the car and walk away for awhile and then return" reset procedures didn't fix it either.

The version of the owner manual with 2.4.2 now includes what I believe we called the "nuclear reset" procedure as part of it - Put car in Park, and hold the brake pedal down firmly while simultaneously pressing the Cancel (X) and Microphone buttons on the steering wheel: hold until the car makes a beep (maybe around 20 or 30 seconds), and then let go and watch the screens reset. I talked to Lucid Customer Care, and this now appears to be a perfectly acceptable way for the customer to reset the infotainment system when issues appear. No need for special permission from Customer Care.

It did fix the issue, so now it's fine. Just wanted Forum readers to know that this rest procedure can now be used as a matter of course.
I've had that happen a few times, including this morning. I've been able to get it to go away by launching the car's navigation (ie hitting the nav button on the right glass cockpit screen). Once nav loads, I can switch back out to the home screen and it works just fine. No need for a nuke reset.

It is truly a crap release. In summation, DD pro will not engage. The new lane display on mine does not see a car on my left until it is almost past me, Voice control of my dialer is completely broken, The only destination that the Nav search was able to find so far is Target, My cameras are mostly offline (4 cameras are now showing faults) and all smart integrations to other devices is gone and may never be replaced. So why should I be pleased with 2.4.2?? This forum is getting like a Tesla forum with too many apologists, deniers and rationalizers and not enough pressure on Lucid to do better. This will be the 4th time my GT will be towed to Houston. I am sort of OK for it going in for hardware issues, but I am absolutely not OK for it to go in for Lucid breaking it with poorly tested software releases that may take a month for a correcting release to appear. In Dallas, they do not supply a Lucid loaner, we are on our own to locate a rental car, which is tough to even find a rental after the shake out of car rental agencies in the last years. For the first time, I am not able to rationalize, apologize or deny for Lucid. Lucid did a really crap job of testing before the rollout. In a real world, there are minor differences in hardware. Mine has a combination of original hardware and newer hardware to replace various failed systems. Those who do not use or know how to use the smart integration features may not hate this as much, and it is doubtful that lucid will ever give them back. These features were a great part of why I chose a Lucid. If I wanted this kind of garbage, I would have bought a Tesla.
No one is being an apologist. A small subset of cars, mine included, have the camera errors. Lucid is trying to figure out why and hence paused the roll out (my assumption, no insider info). For those who have the updated DDPro features, they supposedly are very good.

I'm surprised Lucid won't set up a rental for you. I live 3 hours from Beverly Hills and they set up a local Enterprise rental the last time I needed service a few months ago. I just showed up and picked up the car without any issues.

I do agree that Lucid Assistant has a long way to go. I can't voice call my wife any more and need to do so manually through my contacts, which is annoying. I'm certainly hopeful it'll improve in the near future.

Back