Peter will host Tech Talk 2 tomorrow

mnewber1

Cars
Air Touring
DE Number
1653496064489.png

Featuring the Grand Touring on the left, and the Touring on the right with the 20" wheels.

What is Tech Talk 2? Can you supply some links?

What is Tech Talk 2? Can you supply some links?

Absolutely. It is a video hosted by Lucid CEO Peter Rawlinson, where he explains related information to EVs, Lucid, etc.

Here is episode one:

Did Peter drop a video every time a recall/delivery delay is underway? 😂

Yea, as soon as the recall info came out, the Lucid employees were sharing info about this video to distract. They just should have released the recall details Friday at 4:59pm.

This guy is amaizing! I can understand why he is so exhausted right now. The time and energy it take to produce these videos, his international travel as things pop in Saudi Arabia and Europe, pushing his team to increase production but yet insist on a quality product being delivered resulting in 3 post production QA.QC inspections before cars are delivered to customers. I am not sure how it does it all....

Both are well presented and communicate the key technologies to the layperson. There's NO WAY Elon could achieve this level of technical detail and communication prowess!
Technical detail - yes ;
Communication to lay-people (or just communication in general) definitely not!

Impressed by the video as well. Still praying I can get one when the time comes in 2023

I have said this before, but I would have a lot more respect for him if he would admit that they screwed up the software and give us a realistic time line for fixes and features.

I have said this before, but I would have a lot more respect for him if he would admit that they screwed up the software and give us a realistic time line for fixes and features.
He KINDA admitted in one of the 3 recent Saudi-produced PR pieces---then implied if you have to screw up something software is better than hardware.
No timeline for fixes

I just finished watching this 30 min long video. It’s just amazing, seems Lucid’s core pillar is efficiency to perfectionistic type of engineering. Alright! Very impressive analogy to the masses on ancient puzzle piece; but in order to make the world more green, we need AMP-1 to ramp up like lubricated machine for mass adoption. I somehow want to see that happen in mixed feelings; if Lucid produces too fast, my pony no longer enjoy its exclusivity on the pavements. 😔

This is why I love this car. It's made by absolute nerds who want to share their enthusiasm with everyone about the cool thing they made. I'm not gonna poo poo the video because of a recall which has an easy fix which they've pounced on rapidly and aggressively. How often has Tesla or other legacy auto makers done that? My Mercedes went to the shop FOUR times in the first 9 months of ownership due to airbag failure before they issued a recall of the control unit.

Back