Personal Review

BuddhaDada13

Cars
Lucid AGT Black/Mojave
I've had the car now for three weeks and I finally have some time to sit down and write my first impressions of the car (especially since the car is in the shop now). Here goes--

Exterior: The car is beautiful, especially after getting the canopy wrapped. The only quibble I have is that some of the fit of the parts are off just a tab. For instance, the gap between the trunk on the right side is slightly larger than the left side. It's just 1.5 mm, and is well within Lucid's parameters, but noticeable enough that my wife and I noticed it on pick-up of the car.

I love the black exterior, but I forgot how easy it is to see dust and fingerprints on the car. If I had to do it again, I'd stick with black, but would strongly consider quantum grey.

Interior: The interior is great. The materials are high quality and well put together. I love the Mojave interior and feel that it has enough contrast between the different materials without being too drastic. The only problem I have with the interior is that the seam line that goes across the dash in front of the information cluster causes a reflection that is fairly noticeable on the front windshield. I could cover it up with a dash cover, but then I would lose the beautiful alcantra leather on the dash. My BIGGEST complaint about the interior of the car is the cupholder. The cupholder are so small. I had to get a cupholder adapter to make a larger cupholder. Unfortunately, this blocks the other cupholder next to it so my wife can't use it when I have my coffee mug. The other complaint I have is the phone charger which is so tight that I always have to be careful when I put my phone in it. It's a very snug fit with my iPhone 12 Pro and case, but it does fit.

Drive performance: I went from a Porsche Macan Turbo to the Lucid AGT and the difference in weight is very noticeable, especially when I first started driving the car. However, despite the weight of the car, it is nimble through curves and turns. The ride comfort is excellent considering that it is riding on coil springs rather than an air suspension. In terms of power, the 800+ horses is more than enough. I have hit 100 MPH more than once without realizing it. I know that there is a performance option now available that costs $40k more. I do not think that the extra 231 horses and the 0.4 quicker speed from 0 to 60 is worth $40k. Advice to future buyers, do not waste your money on the performance option.

Software: As stated in other posts, the software is glitchy and slow, especially at start-up. Hopefully this will improve with future updates. Some changes to which I am looking forward or hoping they will incorporate into future updates--
1) Unyoke the pilot panel and the right cockpit panel. I hate the fact that if I am in the navigation window and need to change the audio input (switch from FM to spotify) that the software takes me out of the navigation so that I can access the audio controls. I would love it if the pilot panel could stay in one app and the right cockpit panel could switch to a different one.
2) Apple Carplay or Android carplay. Nothing more needs to be said.
3) Add more favorite/set locations to the navigation panel. It's great to have home and work readily accessible, but it would be nice to be able to add other locations.
4) Add a hang-up button to the cockpit panel or add hang up functionality to the steering wheel voice assistant button as there is no easy way to hang up the phone unless you are in the phone tile.

Those are my 2 cents after driving the care for three weeks. I'll add more info as updates roll out and I have the car for longer.

I've had the car now for three weeks and I finally have some time to sit down and write my first impressions of the car (especially since the car is in the shop now). Here goes--

Exterior: The car is beautiful, especially after getting the canopy wrapped. The only quibble I have is that some of the fit of the parts are off just a tab. For instance, the gap between the trunk on the right side is slightly larger than the left side. It's just 1.5 mm, and is well within Lucid's parameters, but noticeable enough that my wife and I noticed it on pick-up of the car.

I love the black exterior, but I forgot how easy it is to see dust and fingerprints on the car. If I had to do it again, I'd stick with black, but would strongly consider quantum grey.

Interior: The interior is great. The materials are high quality and well put together. I love the Mojave interior and feel that it has enough contrast between the different materials without being too drastic. The only problem I have with the interior is that the seam line that goes across the dash in front of the information cluster causes a reflection that is fairly noticeable on the front windshield. I could cover it up with a dash cover, but then I would lose the beautiful alcantra leather on the dash. My BIGGEST complaint about the interior of the car is the cupholder. The cupholder are so small. I had to get a cupholder adapter to make a larger cupholder. Unfortunately, this blocks the other cupholder next to it so my wife can't use it when I have my coffee mug. The other complaint I have is the phone charger which is so tight that I always have to be careful when I put my phone in it. It's a very snug fit with my iPhone 12 Pro and case, but it does fit.

Drive performance: I went from a Porsche Macan Turbo to the Lucid AGT and the difference in weight is very noticeable, especially when I first started driving the car. However, despite the weight of the car, it is nimble through curves and turns. The ride comfort is excellent considering that it is riding on coil springs rather than an air suspension. In terms of power, the 800+ horses is more than enough. I have hit 100 MPH more than once without realizing it. I know that there is a performance option now available that costs $40k more. I do not think that the extra 231 horses and the 0.4 quicker speed from 0 to 60 is worth $40k. Advice to future buyers, do not waste your money on the performance option.

Software: As stated in other posts, the software is glitchy and slow, especially at start-up. Hopefully this will improve with future updates. Some changes to which I am looking forward or hoping they will incorporate into future updates--
1) Unyoke the pilot panel and the right cockpit panel. I hate the fact that if I am in the navigation window and need to change the audio input (switch from FM to spotify) that the software takes me out of the navigation so that I can access the audio controls. I would love it if the pilot panel could stay in one app and the right cockpit panel could switch to a different one.
2) Apple Carplay or Android carplay. Nothing more needs to be said.
3) Add more favorite/set locations to the navigation panel. It's great to have home and work readily accessible, but it would be nice to be able to add other locations.
4) Add a hang-up button to the cockpit panel or add hang up functionality to the steering wheel voice assistant button as there is no easy way to hang up the phone unless you are in the phone tile.

Those are my 2 cents after driving the care for three weeks. I'll add more info as updates roll out and I have the car for longer.
Definitely agreed on the phone hangup. If anyone on the board knows an easier way to hang up, please let us know. The Alexa calling works great, but I'm never on the phone screen and, as stated earlier, those buttons are difficult to reach and the end call button isn't much better.

Definitely agreed on the phone hangup. If anyone on the board knows an easier way to hang up, please let us know. The Alexa calling works great, but I'm never on the phone screen and, as stated earlier, those buttons are difficult to reach and the end call button isn't much better.
I figured it out, fellas. It is the right-side steering wheel button/bar. The button the you hit to answer the phone. To hang up, you HOLD IT DOWN LONGER. It’s dumb that there’s no icon or screen recognition to confirm you’ve hung up, though.

I figured it out, fellas. It is the right-side steering wheel button/bar. The button the you hit to answer the phone. To hang up, you HOLD IT DOWN LONGER. It’s dumb that there’s no icon or screen recognition to confirm you’ve hung up, though.
Holy crap, really? Haha so simple yet...I'm so glad you discovered this!

Came here to say this. Took me a while to figure that out too.

Awesome! Now for another one. I'm trying to figure out if this is a glitch or as designed. Sometimes when I get in the car and get going, the cooling function for the seats will be on. Sometimes it's at the highest setting. Other times lower. And other times, it's off. In the Jeep, my heated steering wheel and seat will come on automatically if it's below a certain temperature outside. Now that it's warming up in PHX, I'm wondering if it's a feature or a glitch. If a feature, I'd love to know how to turn it off. Although since I don't really feel it much, it could be that the whole thing has a problem.

Awesome! Now for another one. I'm trying to figure out if this is a glitch or as designed. Sometimes when I get in the car and get going, the cooling function for the seats will be on. Sometimes it's at the highest setting. Other times lower. And other times, it's off. In the Jeep, my heated steering wheel and seat will come on automatically if it's below a certain temperature outside. Now that it's warming up in PHX, I'm wondering if it's a feature or a glitch. If a feature, I'd love to know how to turn it off. Although since I don't really feel it much, it could be that the whole thing has a problem.
Glitch, I want mine to be on all the time, but every now and then it shuts off and I only notice when it's too late 🥵

Seems like a glitch, mine stay the way they were set during the previous drive.

Seems like a glitch, mine stay the way they were set during the previous drive.
Actually, maybe that's it. That would make sense.

My BIGGEST complaint about the interior of the car is the cupholder.
I completely agree with this. I think it is also the reason that the service center has fancy aluminum water bottles since they will fit in the cub holder without crushing where a normal Arrowhead bottle will just crush and spill water.

I completely agree with this. I think it is also the reason that the service center has fancy aluminum water bottles since they will fit in the cub holder without crushing where a normal Arrowhead bottle will just crush and spill water.
I just put my water bottle on the door slot

Holy crap! I wondered about the crazy water bottles during my intro session to the Lucid in the design studio but do remember us both putting our bottles in the cup holders during the demonstration so I honestly didn't even think about their size at the time (maybe because they fit no problem).. but when I left, I did wonder why such fancy water bottles.. haha

Anyway, I'm also super happy to hear the $40k upgrade isn't worth it. I actually have the Air Pure that I'm waiting on so I'll have even less HP as I understand it.. BUT it will be an upgrade from my former Bolt no matter what so I'm not honestly that worried about it.

Holy crap! I wondered about the crazy water bottles during my intro session to the Lucid in the design studio but do remember us both putting our bottles in the cup holders during the demonstration so I honestly didn't even think about their size at the time (maybe because they fit no problem).. but when I left, I did wonder why such fancy water bottles.. haha

Anyway, I'm also super happy to hear the $40k upgrade isn't worth it. I actually have the Air Pure that I'm waiting on so I'll have even less HP as I understand it.. BUT it will be an upgrade from my former Bolt no matter what so I'm not honestly that worried about it.

I have a DE, and I have to say that, although 1,111 hp is fun to scare a passenger occasionally, I absolutely do not need it. The "normal" 700 or whatever hp is available in "Smooth" mode is totally sufficient and more than any other car on the road. The Pure is going to be more than enough -- that's what I'll order for my wife's Gravity.

Actually, maybe that's it. That would make sense.
I was under the impression they used the seats / wheel to accelerate the feeling of change in temperature.

eg cold out, get in the car, and the seats and wheel are automatically on while the “car” warms up

I was under the impression they used the seats / wheel to accelerate the feeling of change in temperature.

eg cold out, get in the car, and the seats and wheel are automatically on while the “car” warms up
I think that's right...Customer Support didn't seem to know about this setting. I think that has solved the one issue. But if the seats are accelerating the feel of anything, I'm not feeling it. So I do think there is a problem with the feature itself.

20220420_154937.jpg

Back