People with recent deliveries, how are things?

tkhan456

Cars
Lucid Air GT
For those with new deliveries after all the updates to QC, etc, how’s your car? I’m getting mine next week but getting more anxious about it. Just curious how are the newly built cars panning out

I have had no problems with the hardware. Mobile service came by and tacked down a piece of stubborn trunk liner, but that is all. So they got the QC correct on that front.

Software has had a few hiccups. Have had issues with AC sync, a blinking between two kWh numbers on the trip computer, losing the EA stations on the NAV, etc. but those have been minor

I experienced a loose connection on my left turn signal. It was fixed within 24 hours. Software had some hiccups at first, but it's been much better after the first couple over-the-air updates. Other than that, the car is spacious and comfortable, wickedly powerful, has head-turning good looks, and is fun to drive.

The team at the Scottsdale service center told me that they are seeing a lot less issues during PDI now than before.

I have a fairly early car (#154), and it did require a few hardware fixes (license plate mount, trunk lid adjustment, weather strip replacement, AC fan grinding). But now, over seven months after delivery, the hardware on the car is completely nailed down (except for the driver's floor mat, which won't stay attached to its velcro tabs). We are about to turn 10,000 miles on the car, and it remains squeak, creak, and leak free.

Personally, between improvements at the factory and Lucid's prompt mobile repair service, I would have no qualms about the hardware on a recent build.

The software . . . another story.

I have had the car for 5 weeks and 1500 miles. I’ve had 2 very quick service calls for minor issues - 1. Resetting programming for a TPMS which was not reading. 2. Inside door panel on passenger door was loose and fixed with replacing 2 broken clips in less than 10 minutes . Otherwise just the crazy software bugs.

I had a loose wire on my left turn signal. That was fixed within 24 hrs. Other than that the car has been performing very well aside from a few minor software annoyances. So far I'm loving it!

Not well.

Still getting to know the car. First impressions are on the very good side. Has a level of quality in the build and performance that I cannot imagine anyone wanting more. Software works, for the most part, with some typical operator impatience resulting in multiple taps that tend to exacerbate the preferred response. It is more car than any of us - short of track professionals - can expect to handle. I love that challenge, but am also completely humbled by it.

Back