Payment methods - Plaid???

DeaneG

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, XC40 P8 EV
Referral Code
3OKY7YGA
Soon it'll be time to pay (cash) for my AGT. What method did you use? I feel I'd have to be insane to give Plaid the login credentials to my brokerage accounts - even with two-factor authentication. Plaid lost a lawsuit a few months ago for improper use of customers' login credentials.

Soon it'll be time to pay (cash) for my AGT. What method did you use? I feel I'd have to be insane to give Plaid the login credentials to my brokerage accounts - even with two-factor authentication.
I used Plaid to pay through USAA checking account. The process was very easy, and once I got the confirmation from Lucid that all was good, I changed the password on my account. The monies did not actually leave the account for 2-3 days.

Soon it'll be time to pay (cash) for my AGT. What method did you use? I feel I'd have to be insane to give Plaid the login credentials to my brokerage accounts - even with two-factor authentication. Plaid lost a lawsuit a few months ago for improper use of customers' login credentials.
I had similar concerns and did the following:
1. Opened a second savings account just for this (mine is with Marcus) - very easy for most online savings banks.
2. Changed the login password to something else.
3. Once the payment through Plaid was complete, change the password back to my original one (the one I did not give Plaid).
4. Close the newly opened savings account.

Can you do a wire? That's what I did and then financed the difference.

I had similar concerns and did the following:
1. Opened a second savings account just for this (mine is with Marcus) - very easy for most online savings banks.
2. Changed the login password to something else.
3. Once the payment through Plaid was complete, change the password back to my original one (the one I did not give Plaid).
4. Close the newly opened savings account.
Great plan. BTW I'll bet very few people understand your name and avatar!

I can, but it could take a few days to clear, and I'm hoping to pick up the car tomorrow before leaving town.

Great plan. BTW I'll bet very few people understand your name and avatar!
I had explained when someone had asked me a months back:

"Haha! Someone asked. A bit technical and related to my line of work (nothing to do with the female name Pam). Its a data modulation scheme in high-speed interfaces (Pulse Amplitude Modulation). A binary stream will have only two voltage levels (1 and 0). A PAM4 stream encodes two bits in every symbol (hence four voltage levels) and that's what you see in my avatar pic.
"

I had explained when someone had asked me a months back:

"Haha! Someone asked. A bit technical and related to my line of work (nothing to do with the female name Pam). Its a data modulation scheme in high-speed interfaces (Pulse Amplitude Modulation). A binary stream will have only two voltage levels (1 and 0). A PAM4 stream encodes two bits in every symbol (hence four voltage levels) and that's what you see in my avatar pic."
Thanks - I've stared at eye diagrams a bit myself!

I will admit to an embarrassing screw up. I received the email that it was time for payment.
I was ready and had moved money from my investment account to my bank that I have routinely used for wiring money. This was 7 days ago. I set up the wire with my bank on the same day. The next day I received an email from Lucid thanking me for my partial payment. I was $1 short!
I then did the Plaid thing for $1 and just today got the email I was fully paid. Stupid mistake cost me a week until they could set up a delivery date. Anxiously awaiting a call.

I did a wire transfer for a little more than 25%
My credit union overnighted a check for the balance to me
I brought the check in to the Goose Island facility and within a couple of hours my account on the Lucid website was updated with a zero balance

That is what I did. Just wired them the amount required.

Got the Vin today.. Then the paperwork to sign and the payment instructions. . No clue when the car is actually going to be built. I assume payment is made once the vehicle is actually built and available for pickup

Got the Vin today.. Then the paperwork to sign and the payment instructions. . No clue when the car is actually going to be built. I assume payment is made once the vehicle is actually built and available for pickup
Yes, don’t pay until the car is in Costa Mesa. I took full payment (cashiers check) with me and gave it to them when I picked up the car. I think Lucid requires payment in advance for home delivery.

Yes, don’t pay until the car is in Costa Mesa. I took full payment (cashiers check) with me and gave it to them when I picked up the car. I think Lucid requires payment in advance for home delivery.
Thank you. That makes sense. Just got the Vin today with no idea as to when it will show up in Costa Mesa.

I would plan to pickup my Pure at the service center and would like to pay with a certified/cashier's check. I hate to pass that much money across the internet.

I would plan to pickup my Pure at the service center and would like to pay with a certified/cashier's check. I hate to pass that much money across the internet.
Funny, I feel just the opposite. I hate to carry around a piece of paper with that much!

Back