Payment for lucid gt air

They require full payment before home delivery yes. Also before you pick it up in studio yes.

Since they are still building a showroom here, I figured it was normal for a new car from new car company like Lucid or Rivian, etc.... But now the delay has me nervous. I felt better when my delivery agent told me he delivered 50 cars since december in New York. I also had to go test drive it in New Jersey before buying it, because they also told me after delivery, no returns.... Hmmm.

They require full payment before home delivery yes. Also before you pick it up in studio yes.
Just to slightly disagree, the way PenFed works on the financing is that they send you a check. I took the check into the service center when I picked up the car and gave it to them when I took possession. I did make a 33% down payment a week or so in advance, but it was not full payment.

With all the PDI issues they are having, I would not send payment until it has passes at the delivery center and they are able to schedule a delivery date. I absolutely WILL NOT PAY until I know my car is ready, especially after entering the 7th month post order confirmation and 14th month post reservation (they said I was one of the early GT reservation holders and should get my car very early in the process). I am tired of all the delays, missed deadlines and lack of communication. i am fed up with this and, since they are missing the promised delivery date before a long trip I planned to have the car for, I am no longer in a hurry to take delivery. In fact, I will have many hours on the road mulling it over whether I will still want the car with this ‘piss poor’ communication and customer service. Filling up the tank with $1000+ worth of gas will probably keep me wanting it, but I will slow walk the delivery process and give them the same corporate speak they gave me - I’ll take it soon,. Yes, definitely a delivery during the 2H Of the year. I’m having money harmonization issues after rolling the funds over. I have “gas supply” issues that is preventing me from getting there. There seem to be a lack of drivers to transport me to the delivery center,. Yada, yada, yada. I “could” be persuaded to take delivery faster with the right incentives to compensate me for their missed deadlines.

Mufasta, I am waiting for my Grand Touring delivery to New York after full payment as well. It has been over a week for me...
I was told full payment was needed before a ship date too. Do not understand why nobody can give any details except it is still in inspection phase. Delivery agent contacted me and said they usually deliver to New York a few days after the car reaches Chicago, however my car has been in Chicago for 2 weeks so far. Can you let me know if you get a delivery date or any other answers?
I think they are a great and innovative company in many respects. They are, however, very poor communicators. I paid on April 22nd in full and have not heard an estimated delivery date. It is disconcerting.

With all the PDI issues they are having, I would not send payment until it has passes at the delivery center and they are able to schedule a delivery date. I absolutely WILL NOT PAY until I know my car is ready, especially after entering the 7th month post order confirmation and 14th month post reservation (they said I was one of the early GT reservation holders and should get my car very early in the process). I am tired of all the delays, missed deadlines and lack of communication. i am fed up with this and, since they are missing the promised delivery date before a long trip I planned to have the car for, I am no longer in a hurry to take delivery. In fact, I will have many hours on the road mulling it over whether I will still want the car with this ‘piss poor’ communication and customer service. Filling up the tank with $1000+ worth of gas will probably keep me wanting it, but I will slow walk the delivery process and give them the same corporate speak they gave me - I’ll take it soon,. Yes, definitely a delivery during the 2H Of the year. I’m having money harmonization issues after rolling the funds over. I have “gas supply” issues that is preventing me from getting there. There seem to be a lack of drivers to transport me to the delivery center,. Yada, yada, yada. I “could” be persuaded to take delivery faster with the right incentives to compensate me for their missed deadlines.

And while you’re at it, remind them that “every customer is on their own journey”, towards completing a purchase.

And while you’re at it, remind them that “every customer is on their own journey”, towards completing a purchase.
That's a good one! I'll remember that.

Mufasta, I am waiting for my Grand Touring delivery to New York after full payment as well. It has been over a week for me...
I was told full payment was needed before a ship date too. Do not understand why nobody can give any details except it is still in inspection phase. Delivery agent contacted me and said they usually deliver to New York a few days after the car reaches Chicago, however my car has been in Chicago for 2 weeks so far. Can you let me know if you get a delivery date or any other answers?
Have you received an update on your delivery yet?

Since they are still building a showroom here, I figured it was normal for a new car from new car company like Lucid or Rivian, etc.... But now the delay has me nervous. I felt better when my delivery agent told me he delivered 50 cars since december in New York. I also had to go test drive it in New Jersey before buying it, because they also told me after delivery, no returns.... Hmmm.
I have a test drive tomorrow in NJ ( I am also from NY). I'll update with any new information tomorrow.

Sounds like you may be representing your own unique journey towards vehicle pick up 😂

I paid in full for my GT home delivery 3 weeks ago, and still no car and no word back from Chicago on final inspections. I was told 5 weeks ago my car is ready for delivery and I need to send full payment. Then I was told Lucid has a new 2,000 point inspection and since I already paid, my car would have priority over the other cars being delayed for PDI that haven't paid. According to this forum, last tuesday there was 90 cars stuck in PDI waiting, how long does each car take? Are they finding a ton of issues?
The communication from my delivery agents in NY and CA has been really good. Even though they are very responsive, they still have no answers from Chicago so they just keep telling me the same thing. In the meantime I started making car payments on a car I don't even have!😡 Anyone have any new info on PDI delays?

Like every other factory-ordered car that I have ever purchased, I insist on inspecting it before wiring payment. I will simply wait until Lucid performs whatever final inspection it deems necessary before I inspect the car. If that does not comport with Lucid's expectations and they insist on payment days or weeks before I inspect my vehicle, then I will pass and forfeit the $1,000 deposit. No way should anyone pay for a car that is not ready for customer delivery.

I am in the same situation. If you ask for a refund, they will provide it until the car is ready. That was a nice offer from Lucid but it would be short sighted on my part to accept that. They are working as quickly as they can. I am happy my car is one of the first to be subjected to this new process as I am certain it will eliminate many production defects prior to delivery. In the long run it will be a VERY good thing. I feel your pain but we are pioneering with Lucid on this effort. It's all good

In the same boat, waiting far too long and more delays than I can count but growing impatient as concerned with all the internal issues that keep cropping up. I first ordered mine before the grand reveal (over a year and a half ago). I'll be picking mine up in Riviera Beach, and will not pay until I've fully inspected the car.

In the same boat, waiting far too long and more delays than I can count but growing impatient as concerned with all the internal issues that keep cropping up. I first ordered mine before the grand reveal (over a year and a half ago). I'll be picking mine up in Riviera Beach, and will not pay until I've fully inspected the car.
Unless things have changed, keep in mind that you won’t be driving said vehicle until you pay. You can go over all the fit and finish, no driving though.

It is interesting that there is any comment or question about paying for a car before inspecting it. Obviously, one cannot drive the car until it is purchased, registered, and insured.

If you're not comfortable with pre paying I'd suggest telling your DA that and asking for alternatives.

In California you can show up day of delivery with a cashier's check (I did this).
Section 2 Payment in the Lucid purchase agreement states: "Payment of the total purchase price, including taxes and governmental fees, as indicated on the Final Price Sheet, is due at the time of delivery."

Should not be an issue to not pay until the car is delivered.

Back