Owner's Manual (Online)

Yeah, StateFarm offers a discount if you are willing to put the little beacon in your car. It logs how you drive so they can see if you are being a complete maniac. I'm usually opposed to such blatant data being collected like that, but I figure Lucid is already logging everywhere I go, anyway.

The beacon talks to your iPhone, where you can see a log of all your trips and how "well" you did. I don't think the location data actually goes to StateFarm. Just the scoring. But who knows?

And it's not like they penalize you for minor stuff. I speed all the time. And it knocks me for "hard cornering" quite a bit, which cracks me up. I feel like I drive pretty tame most of the time.

But come spring, when I want to try out launch mode a bit, I may just leave the beacon home that day. I'll claim the battery died on me, or something.
Sounds kind of invasive to me.

Yeah, StateFarm offers a discount if you are willing to put the little beacon in your car. It logs how you drive so they can see if you are being a complete maniac. I'm usually opposed to such blatant data being collected like that, but I figure Lucid is already logging everywhere I go, anyway.

The beacon talks to your iPhone, where you can see a log of all your trips and how "well" you did. I don't think the location data actually goes to StateFarm. Just the scoring. But who knows?

And it's not like they penalize you for minor stuff. I speed all the time. And it knocks me for "hard cornering" quite a bit, which cracks me up. I feel like I drive pretty tame most of the time.

But come spring, when I want to try out launch mode a bit, I may just leave the beacon home that day. I'll claim the battery died on me, or something.

Sounds too Big Brother-ish to me. “Big Insurance Out of My Car!” Besides I got a taste of this with Tesla’s silly “Safety Profile” app. It was so dumb. I was never going to “qualify for FSD” with the parameters they’d set up in the app.

Back