Owner's Manual Errors

babwine

Verified Owner
Cars
LUCID Air Grand Touring,
As we all know, the doors lock automatically when put in drive. For me, this is a pain. Most ICE cars have the option of changing that setting so doors do not lock automatically. Our LUCID Owner's Manual tells us that we can change that setting as well but there is no way to actually do it. I have discussed this with both tech and customer service and hope LUCID includes the option in a future OTA. Has anyone found other errors in the manual?

As we all know, the doors lock automatically when put in drive. For me, this is a pain. Most ICE cars have the option of changing that setting so doors do not lock automatically. Our LUCID Owner's Manual tells us that we can change that setting as well but there is no way to actually do it. I have discussed this with both tech and customer service and hope LUCID includes the option in a future OTA. Has anyone found other errors in the manual?
A sad statement, but I would guess that the vast majority of our forum members have never opened the user manual. LOL.

A sad statement, but I would guess that the vast majority of our forum members have never opened the user manual. LOL.
There is an user manual!! :eek:

Actually, I have read it. Yes, I am a nerd so there! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: DJL
Does anyone know if/when the user manual will be updated with the 2.0 functionality?

Does anyone know if/when the user manual will be updated with the 2.0 functionality?
I think the user manual is already including functionality that is non existent. But soon it will up to date instead of being ahead!

I think the user manual is already including functionality that is non existent. But soon it will up to date instead of being ahead!
The only reason I ask is the 2.0 release references active lane assist and the manual refers to lane departure protection.

The only reason I ask is the 2.0 release references active lane assist and the manual refers to lane departure protection.
The active lane assist would be under the Highway Assist function in the manual now.

manual also says there is an option to turn off automatic door locking when car is put in drive. Hope the new OTA adds that function.

manual also says there is an option to turn off automatic door locking when car is put in drive. Hope the new OTA adds that function.
It doesn’t, but the manual has been a good precursor / list of future features, since they clearly intend to add them, so I’d expect that in a future update.

It's been years, and the only apparent update is that the manual says nothing about giving a choice.

I searched online to see what other companies do, and they all seem to lock automatically at some point between 9 and 15 mph. I can't find any other that does what Lucid does. I don't want to disable the feature but I'd like to see something more sane. I shouldn't have to unlock the doors to let passengers in after backing out of the garage at 1mph.

Lucid seems to have given a "feature" that people aren't asking for. I can't see any advantage to automatically locking the doors before a person pulls away into the street, and people who want the doors locked immediately will probably want to do it manually before the car moves. And if there is a rationale, let them make it an option, not default behavior.

I am underwhelmed by the manual. I've learned more from the forum. For instance, it doesn't tell you when in adaptive cruise control that a press on the left button will set the speed to the current speed. I also don't see much documentation on what shows up in the main panel. I'm currently fighting to get HA turned on, and it would be nice if there were some message about why it won't (like the road isn't supported).

I am a nerd, so I read the manual cover to cover when I get a new car, and this is by far the worst.

Love the car though.

I am underwhelmed by the manual. I've learned more from the forum. For instance, it doesn't tell you when in adaptive cruise control that a press on the left button will set the speed to the current speed. I also don't see much documentation on what shows up in the main panel. I'm currently fighting to get HA turned on, and it would be nice if there were some message about why it won't (like the road isn't supported).

I am a nerd, so I read the manual cover to cover when I get a new car, and this is by far the worst.

Love the car though.
1000007831.jpg
1000007830.jpg

Maybe my old eyes are failing me, but where does it say that if you press and hold the toggle button, the cruise control speed will be set to your current speed?

Maybe my old eyes are failing me, but where does it say that if you press and hold the toggle button, the cruise control speed will be set to your current speed?
I am just guessing that Lucid assumed that people would know that since almost every cruise control operates that way.

I am just guessing that Lucid assumed that people would know that since almost every cruise control operates that way.
Eh, he's not wrong, all it ever says about pressing in on the toggle switch is it "engages the feature." Other cars I've driven have a button clearly labeled "set" with a speedo icon to set the cruise control speed. No harm in the manual explicitly stating what the all the buttons do, that's what it's for.

Mine had a set and resume button, but Lucid kept the number of buttons to a minimum. Not a problem now that I know.

It says "Press the toggle function to engage the feature"

It says "Press the toggle function to engage the feature"
Exactly... that doesn't say "press the toggle button to set ACC to your current speed."
Engage the feature...

engage.gif

Does that mean Lucid warp drive?

Exactly... that doesn't say "press the toggle button to set ACC to your current speed."
Engage the feature...

View attachment 19447

Does that mean Lucid warp drive?
Well the line right above that tells you how to select which feature you want...

Back