BUG Outside temperature reading is way off

My outside temp reading went from 97 degrees to 94 then 92 then 95 over the course of 25 minute driving, when the local weather channel and apps were steady at 84 degrees. Is there a fix for this?

Mine was steady at 89 today for about 2 hours. Walked away came back and it read properly. Maybe let it reset?

My outside temp reading went from 97 degrees to 94 then 92 then 95 over the course of 25 minute driving, when the local weather channel and apps were steady at 84 degrees. Is there a fix for this?
Local weather is usually at your nearest airport. Temperatures vary wildly as you move around from place to place. I would not expect any thermometer I’m walking around with to match the weather report.

Having said that, I’ve found my car tends to report about 3-5 degrees warmer than it actually is wherever I am. Not sure where the car’s thermometer is, but the battery heat could be throwing it off a bit. So I just do the math in my head.

How does your widget work? Mine had never worked no matter how many times I delete, redownload, restart the phone 😞

Local weather is usually at your nearest airport. Temperatures vary wildly as you move around from place to place. I would not expect any thermometer I’m walking around with to match the weather report.

Having said that, I’ve found my car tends to report about 3-5 degrees warmer than it actually is wherever I am. Not sure where the car’s thermometer is, but the battery heat could be throwing it off a bit. So I just do the math in my head.
While official local weather records are tied to airports or other fixed locations for historical purposes, today's temp monitoring is significantly more localized.

What really got me was the 5 degree swing driving within a 10-mile area with homogenous geographic features in addition to being 10-13 degrees hotter than local reporting. Weird.

The car's temperature is always off when it is parked. This is true of most cars though. After driving for 10 minutes, my AGT still reads a few degrees high.

Agree, always 3-5 too high in my car as well. Wonder if this is something that Service could calibrate?

Isn’t it higher because it is actually higher when parked under the sun versus wherever the weather people measure theirs?

Isn’t it higher because it is actually higher when parked under the sun versus wherever the weather people measure theirs?

I think it’s actually about 5 degrees too high all the time. That’s been my experience.

Exactly, its just a dumb probe stuck on the grill in most cars. It reacts to ANYTHING and EVERTHING that impacts that certain spot. Parking on hot black pavement, heat soak from an engine (or maybe battery cooling fan). Have you ever watched the temp drop like a rock going through a car wash? In other words, there is NOTHING to calibrate. It is reading the temp in the very space where the probe is located.

I am guessing that the probe, even if 5 or 10 F off from what Accuweather says, is doing its job 100% properly: to tell the car CPU, at that moment and place, what the general environmental temperature is outside the car: is it damn hot or damn cold.

Maybe we would be better off with less raw data information from the car. Years ago, when Audi easily permitted owners to see the oil temp in real time, it got tons of calls: my friend has the same car as me and his oil is 5 deg cooler. WHAT WRONG WITH MY CAR? CAN YOU FIX IT?

This September I drove from Seattle to SF Bay Area . Between Redding to Vacaville the outside temperature was 101 degrees. My GT showed 78 degrees and never changed.

I’ve noticed that too. Sometimes the displayed temp will never change despite significant variations in outside temperature.

My temp always shows 4-5 degrees higher than actual outside temperature. I’ve gotten used to it

That seems like a glitch. Maybe your sensor is faulty?

My temp consistently reads about 2-3 degrees warmer than it is outside.

When I left San Diego this morning, it said 80 degrees. It didn't change a degree all day. Even under the hot Arizona sun. This is the screen outside of Yuma, AZ. I think it was about 20 degrees too low.

Attachments

• lucid screen.jpg
    lucid screen.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 65
When I left San Diego this morning, it said 80 degrees. It didn't change a degree all day. Even under the hot Arizona sun. This is the screen outside of Yuma, AZ. I think it was about 20 degrees too low.
Yep same behavior with mine.

Lucid please fix the temperature probe issue! It is way inaccurate!!

The Lucid got it right this morning when it was -5F. Does anyone know where the temp sensor actually is? I'm wondering if sunlight or leftover battery heat could be throwing it off.
Also have this issue and have brought it up with Lucid. On a trip, where we gained 4000 ft in elevation, the car recorded 89 degrees the entire way. Mind you with the widows open it was easy to tell the air temp was well below 70 at the highest point of the trip.

I have numerous other inaccurate readings when comparing with our SUV during our cross country trip.

To answer your question, I was told the sensor is located in the trunk somewhere.

Also have this issue and have brought it up with Lucid. On a trip, where we gained 4000 ft in elevation, the car recorded 89 degrees the entire way. Mind you with the widows open it was easy to tell the air temp was well below 70 at the highest point of the trip.

I have numerous other inaccurate readings when comparing with our SUV during our cross country trip.

To answer your question, I was told the sensor is located in the trunk somewhere.
The sensor is located in the trunk? What am I missing?

Back