Out of Spec Bought a Lucid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a Lawyer but wondering if the mistreatment of that car compromises the warranty?
YES! And the fact they're trying to sell it after subjecting the car to questionable treatment (I don't watch their videos so I don't know how bad it was) is right on brand for how these guys operate.

I'm glad folks here are starting to see these dudes what they are. They're no friends of the Lucid brand.

YES! And the fact they're trying to sell it after subjecting the car to questionable treatment (I don't watch their videos so I don't know how bad it was) is right on brand for how these guys operate.

I'm glad folks here are starting to see these dudes what they are. They're no friends of the Lucid brand.
Their game is views and hit counts as well and his selling Lucid post last I saw had at least 50k hits on Twitter. So whatever he is doing is working.

Was there something I missed other than the cannonball run? Driving a car across the country is a perfectly reasonable use of the vehicle. Wringing out every last possible electron is also a perfectly reasonable use.

My mother-in-law just drove across the country in her BMW after driving it to California 2 years ago. Normal use and expected use for a car to be driven. We are about to embark on what is likely to be a 2,000+ mile road trip, about 2/3 of the drive of the cannonball (eg. coast to coast).

Charging the car to the top to then drop it low and shoot back up to the top is part of road trips. Expected use... We start trips frequently at 90+% to only then drop into single digits to only charge just enough to hit single digits at the next stop. Cruising at high speeds should also be expected use. If you want to cruise 90+mph, then the car should do that.

As for cleanliness, I cannot speak to this. Don't pay enough attention to the videos. My tolerance is fairly low for trash, crumbs, and mess in a car, house, or wherever really. If it cleans up though, then this should not affect the next owner so long as staining, odors, and bugs have not become issues. The next owner will hopefully do their due diligence.

Was there something I missed other than the cannonball run? Driving a car across the country is a perfectly reasonable use of the vehicle. Wringing out every last possible electron is also a perfectly reasonable use.

My mother-in-law just drove across the country in her BMW after driving it to California 2 years ago. Normal use and expected use for a car to be driven. We are about to embark on what is likely to be a 2,000+ mile road trip, about 2/3 of the drive of the cannonball (eg. coast to coast).

Charging the car to the top to then drop it low and shoot back up to the top is part of road trips. Expected use... We start trips frequently at 90+% to only then drop into single digits to only charge just enough to hit single digits at the next stop. Cruising at high speeds should also be expected use. If you want to cruise 90+mph, then the car should do that.

As for cleanliness, I cannot speak to this. Don't pay enough attention to the videos. My tolerance is fairly low for trash, crumbs, and mess in a car, house, or wherever really. If it cleans up though, then this should not affect the next owner so long as staining, odors, and bugs have not become issues. The next owner will hopefully do their due diligence.
Yes, you did!

I see a Cannonball, 10k mile review, and a Vegas race. What else are you guys referring to?
Their overall reputation.

Looks like the might selll according to latest tweet

Sure
His kid beat the shit out of his GT
Planned to sell it all along
No one would treat a car they were intending to keep like that GT was treated

Nope! Dave is enjoy his Lucid Air. Kyle also have a very fair assessment of Lucid AGT in his recent Vegas Race video part-1.

Personally, I enjoy their content, quite informative despite some videos can be edited shorter. Although they’ve excessive trashing of EA, that is understandable and EA still needs drastic improvement. We need guys like them yapping on RateYourCharge for EA to come to light how much work and accountability they are to non-Tesla EV purchasers. Their yapping is doing public a good service.

I’ve seen worse Tesla bulls out there blindly spreading misinformation and FUD to bring other brands down. I think Kyle and Dave have been fair to Lucid. It’s their opinions, you can switch to other channels if you don’t like to watch. it’s free country! 😊

I think the major item you missed was Dave was saying he wanted to sell his Lucid cause he didn't like how Lucid was managing the charging situation and he wasn't super satisfied about road trip. But now since its 2.1.3 he's been a little more bullish on Lucid. At the end of the day Out of Spec is a business and they need to gather as big audience as possible per why they have Tesla, Rivian, Lucid, Porsche EVs etc. Their business is EVs so what they say about them you have to take with little grain of salt since their primary motive is views and diversification of the views to create long standing fans.

Nope! Dave is enjoy his Lucid Air. Kyle also have a very fair assessment of Lucid AGT in his recent Vegas Race video part-1.

Personally, I enjoy their content, quite informative despite some videos can be edited shorter. Although they’ve excessive trashing of EA, that is understandable and EA still needs drastic improvement. We need guys like them yapping on RateYourCharge for EA to come to light how much work and accountability they are to non-Tesla EV purchasers. Their yapping is doing public a good service.

I’ve seen worse Tesla bulls out there blindly spreading misinformation and FUD to bring other brands down. I think Kyle and Dave have been fair to Lucid. It’s their opinions, you can switch to other channels if you don’t like to watch. it’s free country! 😊
I completely disagree with literally everything here! I've been calling them out on Twitter since Kyle borrowed that Air GT last year. Their stuff is full of disingenuous nonsense! This has been going on for quite some time long before his daddy bought his GT. The whole family including their detail dude are no friends to Lucid! Check my tweets to them. My Twitter handle is the same as here.

Can we please stop promoting these dudes videos here? PLEASE!!

I completely disagree with literally everything here! I've been calling them out on Twitter since Kyle borrowed that Air GT last year. Their stuff is full of disingenuous nonsense! This has been going on for quite some time long before his daddy bought his GT. The whole family including their detail dude are no friends to Lucid! Check my tweets to them. My Twitter handle is the same as here.

They have a little bias towards Tesla but they remain pretty independent in their opinion, i think some bias from Tesla is cause they started their channel when Tesla was the only game in town like how many of us EV drivers started. There's not tons of Lucid content out there and rather than admonish I would just warn and say watch with grain of salt. We need more content creators, I do have some as well as the Lucidnaire on Youtube but I don't do this full time by any means.

You may not like their content, other owners do. We already know your feelings and position on the Connors. Don't turn every single post into your mission to convince the world of how disingenuous you believe they are. Final warning, any other posts along this line will be deleted.

You may not like their content, other owners do. We already know your feelings and position on the Connors. Don't turn every single post into your mission to convince the world of how disingenuous you believe they are. Final warning, any other posts along this line will be deleted.
I can openly note I like their content but have a disagreement in other aspects of how they perform their business.

With that being said, I’m surprised this thread is still open given how the “main” thread discussing the conclusion of this purchase went 😅

He needs to get his Roof trim fixed between the first and 2nd rows. It looks detached in the video.

Delete them!!!

I can openly note I like their content but have a disagreement in other aspects of how they perform their business.

With that being said, I’m surprised this thread is still open given how the “main” thread discussing the conclusion of this purchase went 😅
Agreed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back