FEATURE OTA Update 2.1.52

I am surprised that there are some easy ones in the top 10 especially homelink or app updates for seat heating and stuff.

But at least they knocked this one off the wishlist :D
533 - User programming for 19", 20" and 21" wheel swaps (TPMS, range)

It is kind of funny though, I think if you have a car with 19s and just set it to 20" or 21" you might actually get better range accuracy for the display!
Well, I'm sure that it would save service times for them to not have to help each and every customer who wants this, in a way it benefits both of us!

Clearly they forgot to mention the android auto portion of the update, per my most recent conversation with a source "Yeah, sure, whatever, can you please order already, you're holding up the the drive-thru"
Did you get fries or rings?

I agree with pretty much all the other comments here, both that this is a nice update, but I also am a bit surprised, as some of the other comments have noted, that they haven't tackled what feels like some "low hanging fruit" that's higher priority to most owners.

E.g. the HomeLink menu drop-down/backup cam "battle" may be a relatively minor annoyance but it's something that I hit every single day I drive the car and makes me think "this UI placement is so dumb" every time I use it.

To emphasize, happy to get useful updates, just feels weird to me they are focusing on things like RangeXchange, which seems like a very small minority of people would actually use and also feels technologically quite difficult/involved, vs. fixing the HomeLink UI which seems like it would affect everyone with a garage and much easier to fix.

What people don't think about for some of these updates is that they are bug fixes for current features and this one in particular includes a monitoring check for the recent recall they issued.

thank you.. need DDPRO update!!!!!!! pay for the option... now just wait wait wait .. no use! sad sad

I agree with pretty much all the other comments here, both that this is a nice update, but I also am a bit surprised, as some of the other comments have noted, that they haven't tackled what feels like some "low hanging fruit" that's higher priority to most owners.

E.g. the HomeLink menu drop-down/backup cam "battle" may be a relatively minor annoyance but it's something that I hit every single day I drive the car and makes me think "this UI placement is so dumb" every time I use it.

To emphasize, happy to get useful updates, just feels weird to me they are focusing on things like RangeXchange, which seems like a very small minority of people would actually use and also feels technologically quite difficult/involved, vs. fixing the HomeLink UI which seems like it would affect everyone with a garage and much easier to fix.
I was thinking the same yesterday. Lots of positives comments for the side mirror option, but looking over the 2024 wish list, that didn't make the cut. Neither did the RangeXChange or tire swap options. All great stuff to add, but not part of the nearly 50 items we upvoted.

I'm hoping this update was a few quick hit bug fixes and minor enhancements to test out the new OTA delivery system and that more new and improved features are imminent.

Mine just stays muted unless I manually click the speaker button. If that doesn't work, you could try turning the navigation volume all the way down.

It stays muted per drive? Or it stays muted permanently even if you park the car and come back the next day? Wonder if my car has some bug...

It stays muted per drive. It will automatically return to “on” the next time. I agree, it should remember this setting. That said, I always use CarPlay for navigation and it does remember.
Mine *used to* stay muted. And although I have the volume turned all the way down, it doesn't stay muted anymore. And the music pauses when the nav guidance would be speaking

I take this as positive:
“And for Lucid Owner’s Forum members, we have added WAY more robustness !!”

From above line, Lucid Software team is assuring us that they hear us here and i feel the Wishlist will be fulfilled sooner.

Hah! went to get the NYT to help those interested solve today's clue #16 ... and saw the update light.

Like getting unexpected flowers.

I like to think the RangeXchange focus is due to them trying to get the V2H ready
Did you get fries or rings?
Both of course, forgot the burger and drinks though....can't win them all

I was thinking the same yesterday. Lots of positives comments for the side mirror option, but looking over the 2024 wish list, that didn't make the cut. Neither did the RangeXChange or tire swap options. All great stuff to add, but not part of the nearly 50 items we upvoted.

I'm hoping this update was a few quick hit bug fixes and minor enhancements to test out the new OTA delivery system and that more new and improved features are imminent.
We did that survey, what, three or four weeks ago at most?

How long do you think this stuff takes? My guess is they were working on a lot of the things in this past update for months. Not to mention the many rounds of testing to be sure it doesn't kill us.

My best advice when it comes to thinking about software development: Estimating level of effort is a pointless exercise. Everything you think is easy is hard, and sometimes, too rarely, what you think might be hard actually turns out to be a bit easier than you think. And it all takes longer than the customer wants.

Also, prioritizing is about a lot more than making a small group of owners on an internet forum happy. The majority of Lucid customers aren't here. And many of them are sending in their complaints by other means, believe me.

Sometimes you have safety priorities. Sometimes you know a thing is better off tackled after something else. Sometimes the person who has expertise on a thing is working on something else that can't wait. Sometimes a C-level executive gets a bug up their ass about a pet peeve.

You have no idea how ridiculous trying to plan out a road map can be. I don't envy these folks.

And at the end of the day, no matter what you do, a handful of people will be happy their little thing got done, and everyone else will be pissed their top priority wasn't addressed. It's a thankless job.

There's nothing in this update I care about in particular. But I'm happy some others got some of the things they want. And the "robustness" is always welcome.

More than anything, I'm happy to see progress. If nothing else, it demonstrates that no, Lucid doesn't plan on leaving the Air out in the cold while all the Gravity prep is being done.

I downloaded the update while away from home, so I haven't been able to evaluate the features. While I may not be able to use some of the stuff, I am grateful for this substantial update. I'm not a software engineer, but I can appreciate the degree of sophistication needed to "get it right" and avoid unintended negative effects. Therefore, I can be patient with updates. What I am super impressed with, though, is Lucid's sense of humor about the robustness. Thank you @mcr16 and the Lucid team for reading this forum and being open to feedback to make the car even better than it is.

2.1.52 - 2/6/2024
With this update, we’re delivering updates and improvements to your vehicle.
SAPPHIRE: For better handling, we improved the torque vectoring for Sapphire vehicles.
RANGEXCHANGE: We have updated RangeXchange, which enables you to charge other EVs using your mobile charger, with modified battery preconditioning for better power management. See Owner’s Manual for more information on RangeXchange.
TIRE SWAPPING: Tire configuration is now user serviceable. When changing tire sizes, you can now update the tire configuration through the Pilot Panel rather than visiting a service center.
SIDE MIRROR: In order to assist with parking, a new setting has been added to optionally allow the passenger side mirror to automatically tilt down when the car is shifted into reverse.
POWER TRAIN: There are now earlier low battery warnings in cold weather for better driver awareness.
HV BATTERY MANAGEMENT: We improved battery temperature management during cold weather for faster charge time. There are now improved preconditioning profiles at low battery levels for increased charging speed. There is a new coolant heater failure warning that notifies you of loss of defrost capability and to contact a Lucid service center if warranted.
CARPLAY: We have improved the phone connection and retry behavior to make CarPlay connections faster and more reliable.
SiriusXM: We worked with our partners at SiriusXM to make changes which allows the SiriusXM app to better deal with poor internet connectivity and Wi-Fi to LTE switching.
How do you turn on the option for the side mirror tilt? I did the OTA and when in reverse, did not notice a tilt nor did I find an option to turn it on Thanks

How do you turn on the option for the side mirror tilt? I did the OTA and when in reverse, did not notice a tilt nor did I find an option to turn it on Thanks
settings, vehicle, drive settings

Yes - nice that they are listening - Robustness arrives.

Attachments

• IMG_3492.jpg
    IMG_3492.jpg
    915.4 KB · Views: 83
Back