OTA 1.2.76

ctonylee

Screenshot_20220727-163623.png

@CLTGT
Don’t want to see you as martyr, but your hassle did not go down in vain. They did extreme fast response.

Last edited:
Great, now I’m a martyr? I kinda doubt my experience really prompted that update. I just had my leak on Sunday and they did not even look at the car until this morning.

Lucid seems to be missing alot of gauges like traditional dashboard. I wonder if they will ever introduce more gauges to make dashboard look sportier?

Great, now I’m a martyr? I kinda doubt my experience really prompted that update. I just had my leak on Sunday and they did not even look at the car until this morning.
It may be just pure coincidental timing. I think they should have instrument gauges for Wunderbox and battery temp, instantaneous voltage, efficiency index, etc etc in instead of just plain vanilla SOC.

Look at F-250, so masculine with those gauges. User can choose options what they like to see.
9BE9225B-A101-433D-9A70-60B837221CA2.jpeg

With the folders to browse all the critical stats, I’m sure Lucid will get fancy with software eventually. It just take time.

Look at F-250, so masculine with those gauges. User can choose options what they like to see.View attachment 3745

With the folders to browse all the critical stats, I’m sure Lucid will get fancy with software eventually. It just take time.
"Muscular" perhaps but 7 of the 8 gauges are obsolete on a Lucid Air... Oil temp, Water temp, Fuel tank, Turbo PSI, Transmission temp, Diesel Exchaust fluid and the Tachometer...All we need is the speedometer oh and state of charge display.

"Muscular" perhaps but 7 of the 8 gauges are obsolete on a Lucid Air... Oil temp, Water temp, Fuel tank, Turbo PSI, Transmission temp, Diesel Exchaust fluid and the Tachometer...All we need is the speedometer oh and state of charge display.
We can use battery temp, windshield fluid level, battery health, brake pad life %, Cabin temp vs outside temp ratio, etc etc.

Software developer can really be creative, but these are nice bells and whistles after then finish CarPlay and AndroidAuto.

Look at F-250, so masculine with those gauges. User can choose options what they like to see.View attachment 3745

The AMG EQS displays can be customized by the driver and attached to a profile. As Tesla2.0 said, "Software developer can really be creative, but these are nice bells and whistles after then finish CarPlay and AndroidAuto.". ;)

The AMG EQS displays can be customized by the driver and attached to a profile. As Tesla2.0 said, "Software developer can really be creative, but these are nice bells and whistles after then finish CarPlay and AndroidAuto.". ;)
They have to, they need to. With abundant real estate on the pilot cockpit, that big “AIR” logo sign is like “50 acres for sale sign next to random highway in Texas.”

They did a really nice job in rendering the Tach and Speedometer ;)

They did a really nice job in rendering the Tach and Speedometer ;)
I thought Ford did a great job in its dashboard UI. Not only it has 6 main folders, each main folder has sub folders. Driver can navigate with cursor moving buttons on steering wheel. I also think Lucid has clever knobs and buttons design on Air steering wheel. We just need to wait OTA update more content next 12~24 months.

I thought Ford did a great job in its dashboard UI. Not only it has 6 main folders, each main folder has sub folders. Driver can navigate with cursor moving buttons on steering wheel. I also think Lucid has clever knobs and buttons design on Air steering wheel. We just need to wait OTA update more content next 12~24 months.
Hopefully they can use the ACC knob to add additional functions for interacting with the instrument cluster when DD Pro / ACC isn’t engaged.

After driving the Lucid and seeing this and seeing my Odyssey dash, it just feels way too cluttered compared to the Air. There are so many things that are useless. Why do I care what the battery temp is?

Brake pad level? Haven't EVs gone almost 100k miles without a change?

Instant power usage? We already have that, just not specific watts/min or whatever measurement you would want.

Outside temp is already displayed to the right. Cabin temp who cares because AC is set to auto.

I can't really think of anything I would want up there extra. The Air logo will eventually be replaced my NAV or maybe a radio function and that would be nice. But the rest of it? It's clean and simple!

After driving the Lucid and seeing this and seeing my Odyssey dash, it just feels way too cluttered compared to the Air. There are so many things that are useless. Why do I care what the battery temp is?

Brake pad level? Haven't EVs gone almost 100k miles without a change?

Instant power usage? We already have that, just not specific watts/min or whatever measurement you would want.

Outside temp is already displayed to the right. Cabin temp who cares because AC is set to auto.

I can't really think of anything I would want up there extra. The Air logo will eventually be replaced my NAV or maybe a radio function and that would be nice. But the rest of it? It's clean and simple!
Well,
On the Pilot Panel, user can select Dashboard Style options

“Modern” - Minimalism like now

“Traditional” - Tachometer (Charge/Consume) + Speedometer

“Sports” - All kind of instrument gauges make it cluttered.

I really like that. It gives me instantaneous feedback. Kwh or the other measurement is average over certain amount of time.

C8 Corvette displays can be customized, also.

Back