OTA 1.2.75?

How do you open the truck with the remote? I thought it's possible with the latest software version but it keeps locking the car or opening the frunk for me.

If they keep adding more functions to the fob I’m going to have to find my old Boy Scouts manual and re-learn Morse Code…😇
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄

Use the Apple Watch app (if you have one), 70% of the time it works 100% of the time. Just like Siri, and just like most other software features on the car hahaha.

That being said, I totally love this car. These software things do suck, but as far as the drive/range/charging/power/functionality/style/comfort, I’m still happy.

The LKA is better but still not suited for New England roads. I took a few twisties, and the car kept thinking the pavement repairs were the road edge. So, it kept throwing off my line on curves. It’s less forceful but still irritating.

On the other hand, I did not buy this car for its LKA capabilities.

I’m going to try this. It turned out battery wasn’t dead. After I got home, fob is working again. This is very strange.
I have had the exact same problems since updating from 1.2.7 to 1.2.75. My car came with 1.2.7 and I had no issues until the update, now often the fob doesn't work and later does. Even worse, when I lock it with the phone on the times the fob is not working, I will come back and the car is unlocked. Happened twice today alone. Just glad no one tried to get into the car. I bought a battery for my fob, although it is only 9 days old (got it on the 17th). Maybe that will fix it.

The locking \ unlocking issues are getting ridiculous! Seriously, how hard is it to get a car to lock and stay locked or unlock. Last night I tried the valet card to reset the car and holding it to the pillar did nothing. Car just sat in sleep mode.

That's what I thought but it isn't working for me. Maybe I need to time it right.
Yes, you have to be lightning fast 😂. I tried it with the Mobile tech. Guess What!He gave me a NEW Battery for the Key FOB, Claiming it was dead. THIS Key FOB had hardly been out of the Farraday pouch. I always use the phone. It has mostly worked well but sometimes if I do it too fast, the handles retract while the app shows the car is open and vice-versa. Also have a whale of a time turning on that keep the car cool feature. Anyone figure out an easy way to turn it on? Takes a couple of tries for it to turn on for me. Probably a user error on that one unless others have the same issue.

Last edited:
The locking \ unlocking issues are getting ridiculous! Seriously, how hard is it to get a car to lock and stay locked or unlock. Last night I tried the valet card to reset the car and holding it to the pillar did nothing. Car just sat in sleep mode.
Mum’s the word 😜👊

Exactly, I put my fob next to the B pillar, it wasn’t responding either. I think there is some logical conflict between all methods of locking/unlocking door after code change. I’m sure developer is reading this now and will go back to tweaking.

On the other hand, I saw this issue is also commonly reported by Rivian owners in other place.

Exactly, I put my fob next to the B pillar, it wasn’t responding either. I think there is some logical conflict between all methods of locking/unlocking door after code change. I’m sure developer is reading this now and will go back to tweaking.

On the other hand, I saw this issue is also commonly reported by Rivian owners in other place.
How hard is this to get right? We have four other cars that always open when the fob is in my pocket and I walk up to the car!

How hard is this to get right? We have four other cars that always open when the fob is in my pocket and I walk up to the car!
Tesla also has that issue too. I think the cause is having too many options to lock/unlock doors making logic complicated and conflicting. Logic such as “is fob in or out of car?” “How strong is micro-signal of fob?” “Who gets there first? Bluetooth or fob?” “Which one is last saved method of entry?” This will determine whether owner forget his phone left in the car or forget his fob or just sitting in the car with fob, etc etc. this is issue with software, more selections, more choices = more possible logic debugging.

I have two other cars that open every time when I press the open button the fob. The Lucid also opens every time when I press the fob twice. When I press the fob once to lock the car, it locks the car. My other two cars do the same thing. Totally get that the magic of not having to press anything is cool, but my life is not impacted in any way except for some minor thumb strengthening by having to press the fob. But then again, I prefer to pay for things with an actual card rather than a phone (which btw doesn't work flawlessly for me either on those few occasions I try it).

Now if y'all are saying pressing the fob doesn't work either, that's a different situation.

Back