• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

OTA 1.2.20

Now I’m officially 3 updates behind….

I just received and installed 1.2.20. Took about 10’ max.

How long does it take your car to "update" the version information in your car?

I received 1.2.20 last night and installed it. My phone notified me it completed pretty quickly. When I checked in the car this morning, my car still shows 1.2.19 and I called CC to check the status (my last attempt at an update failed and had to be pushed again remotely), they checked and confirmed that my car was indeed at 1.2.20, but there can sometimes be a lag in display. Having timely version information along with a successful installation date/time would be extremely useful in both the car and the app.

So ... this happened to me yesterday:

- Car was updated to 1.2.19 a few days ago. (100% remeber seeing that in the About section on the pilot panel)
- Car was in deep sleep Woke up when I had to take my phone to the garage for a honey do list.
- Immediately got a notification about a software update. I assumed it as 1.2.20.
- Decided to initiate (as a test) the update from the phone as opposed to the car directly
- Car locked itself.
- A minute later peeked into the car & saw the software update in progress.

- Go back in the evening to check on the About section.
- Shows as 1.2.19

Usually after a software update, I see a message the car has been updated, etc .. This time zilch. Nothing.

Its almost as if the update was never there & never happened.

Sent a message to my service rep. Waiting for an update (pun intended).

Thoughts?

- Car was updated to 1.2.19 a few days ago. (100% remeber seeing that in the About section on the pilot panel)
- Car was in deep sleep Woke up when I had to take my phone to the garage for a honey do list.
- Immediately got a notification about a software update. I assumed it as 1.2.20.
- Decided to initiate (as a test) the update from the phone as opposed to the car directly
- Car locked itself.

- Shows as 1.2.19

Usually after a software update, I see a message the car has been updated, etc .. This time zilch. Nothing.

Thoughts?
For this stuff you should contact Customer Care and skip 1 step. They'll be able to check the firmware of your car and push the update again if necessary.

- Car locked itself.

- Shows as 1.2.19

Thoughts?
Same thing happened to me. Still shows .19

Since they cannot delivery my car tomorrow due to staff shortage, I am driving up to Scottsdale for delivery on Monday. I was wondering if I should verify my S/W version is 1.2.20 before I drive off? BTW, no pencils, no hat, no water bottle but I did tell them I expect them to give me that car cover since I have to drive up to get the car. (ha)

Since they cannot delivery my car tomorrow due to staff shortage, I am driving up to Scottsdale for delivery on Monday. I was wondering if I should verify my S/W version is 1.2.20 before I drive off? BTW, no pencils, no hat, no water bottle but I did tell them I expect them to give me that car cover since I have to drive up to get the car. (ha)
:cool: on the car cover. I should have asked for that as well. Forgot to.

You can ask / check on the update. But remember diff' cars get updates are diff times. No logic behind it. For all you know, you may even have it with .... 2.0!!!!

Drive away ... You are going to be smiling on the way back home. (Remember the basic mantra: No pix. No car.)

Cheers

You should ask for 1.2.21 since that is the latest that we have seen.

Are these true updates or patches that fix errors and omissions of previous OTAs
I believe, based on the notices prior to updating, that most of these updates primarily are addressing hardware to get the system ready for Dream Drive.

Yup. That was my next course of action. Just waiting to give my service rep to check in & catch up.

Thx.
Well well well ... :) ... I did another 'reset' (valet card. Walk away.) and got back (car recognized key fob/phone - unsure which), to make the call.

Dialed out the number & waiting to punch 1, I get the notification for a ... software update. 1.2.21. Maybe the car got jinxed it was going to be taking to the The Man" & decided to behave. :)

AW, update done. Will do another reset just in case.

Cheers

- Car locked itself.

- Shows as 1.2.19

Thoughts?
This happened to me as well. I updated to 1.2.20, and then an hour later it "de"updated to 1.2.19. Sometimes I get the impression that Lucid has one programmer, and he only works part time.

I am currently on 1.2.19.

This happened to me as well. I updated to 1.2.20, and then an hour later it "de"updated to 1.2.19. Sometimes I get the impression that Lucid has one programmer, and he only works part time.

I am currently on 1.2.19.
See my note above. After the upgrade, the OTA team confirmed my car actually did install the v1.2.20 update, but the display in my car had not caught up. It never did, but I installed v1.2.20 this afternoon, and my car now shows that as the current and "up to date" version. I expect the v1.2.21 will come along in due time.

Can't hurt to ask....

Back