• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Completely agree. Time is running out on them making that release by EOY. But hoping for January?
When I was speaking with the person doing the virtual walkthrough, I asked about CarPlay and he thought more January then before year end, but was seemed fairly confident for January release

Not happy…on 12/9, my D.A. told me “Your car should be shipped to Rocklin early next week”. She just now told me that it is still “in the final stages of production and should be shipped either next week or the last week of the year.” :(
I just spoke to her again…No news whatsoever on when car will be ready to ship. When I pressed her on why the delay, she talked vaguely about Lucid ramping up production. She also said that my signed contract (which I need for my Credit Union to proceed and had been promised to arrive by yesterday) will not be done until the car is shipped. I told her I am having serious second thoughts about this whole transaction.

I just spoke to her again…No news whatsoever on when car will be ready to ship. When I pressed her on why the delay, she talked vaguely about Lucid ramping up production. She also said that my signed contract (which I need for my Credit Union to proceed and had been promised to arrive by yesterday) will not be done until the car is shipped. I told her I am having serious second thoughts about this whole transaction.
Curiously when did you get your VIN?

Have you scheduled a call yet? After I was assigned, I scheduled a call. All communication is now by text (which is what I prefer). She has called me if there is more info/details to discuss. She is confident that delivery will happen before EOY! Fingers crossed 🤞
I had Ariel. She’s pretty spot on. She’s off Sundays and Monday’s but she’s responsive. I didn’t get to meet her for my pick up last Sunday but she was spot on for when delivery would happen. Less than two weeks after vin assigned I got the call saying it’s ready for pick up. If she’s telling you before end of the year, it will likely happen.

My Grey, Mojave, SSP, vanilla DD order just switched to "In Production". No VIN yet, but a nice surprise - I was not expecting that until Q1 2023.
Similar story. QG with Mojave, SSP and DD is 'In Production'. Not counting on a before EOY delivery but that'd certainly make Christmas substantially nicer.

*DDPro, oops. Spec'd out with only limiting factor as Mojave interior which was stated Q1 2023.

Just spoke to my DA (Omar) he is very responsive and always gets back to me.

According to him, whoever was assigned a Vin should anticipate before EOY delivery, i got my Vin 2 days ago, he claims I'm very well positioned to get it the last week of dec.. He even mentioned that people who don't have Vin's yet are also still scheduled to take delivery by EOY. Hang in there folks...

Just spoke to my DA (Omar) he is very responsive and always gets back to me.

According to him, whoever was assigned a Vin should anticipate before EOY delivery, i got my Vin 2 days ago, he claims I'm very well positioned to get it the last week of dec.. He even mentioned that people who don't have Vin's yet are also still scheduled to take delivery by EOY. Hang in there folks...
Omar is my DA too. Dude seems really nice and knowledgeable. I just have a really hard time getting in touch with him. He told me email is a better method of communication over phone or text, but emails typically go unanswered. He did tell me last Friday when I spoke to him that he's been detailed to somewhere in Florida given the large amount of deliveries there. Still haven't gotten a response to my latest email. @Emgee keep me posted on what you hear.

So 2+ weeks ago I made the difficult decision to move up to a GT so i could guarantee the tax credit, plus i really did want the massage seats. Extra range is nice. Touring def best value though. Plus they said my white touring with tahoe (loaded options) had no chance of delivery by EOY...

I contacted sales guy and looked at what current inventory has and selected it. They update the lucid account and then its just been sitting as "ordered". The DA, when she responds (which has always been from me sending a fresh email every few days) is basically like that she has no idea and they are still trying to "source the vehicle". At this point i'm like they don't have their stuff together over there. I'm giving it to tomorrow and then i'm walking away. I'll be slightly bummed but I tend to believe this stuff happens for a reason, who knows, maybe what i would have gotten was a dud.
I am at the same point as you. Upgraded to inventory AGT and waiting for PA. In addition, awaiting account name/email update (my son ordered on my behalf with his info instead of mine). It has been a frustratingly waiting game for something that should not take more than 30 mins tops to update since we finalized the order.

I have my funding ready and Lucid seems not eager to receive…lol. The worst thing is that the vehicle is already in the service center awaiting pickup based on info provided by my new DA. The first DA apparen left the company, hence the reason for being incommunicado all these while. Interestingly, the Feds just increased rates and at this point, one may end up paying higher for the car in addition to not taking delivery by eoy. Can’t even finalize insurance since there is no delivery date.

The question is should one have to go through this stress for a premium purchase? Very frustrating to say the least.

Omar is my DA too. Dude seems really nice and knowledgeable. I just have a really hard time getting in touch with him. He told me email is a better method of communication over phone or text, but emails typically go unanswered. He did tell me last Friday when I spoke to him that he's been detailed to somewhere in Florida given the large amount of deliveries there. Still haven't gotten a response to my latest email. @Emgee keep me posted on what you hear.
Called him earlier today, left a message he called me back about an hour later. I also find that he doesn't respond very well to emails. The most reliable way of reaching him seems to be to schedule a call on his calendar, it may take a day or 2 but at least you know for sure he will call you.

Lets give these guys a little space, they are overworking on getting as many deliveries in, calling very often is not helping anyone. He agreed to have a follow up call in a week to discuss progress or sooner if there is any development.

He also mentioned, in the event something goes wrong with my vehicle, they are positioned to swap it out to something else if I'm flexible with colors, they will exercise that option as a last resort.

Just chatted with my DA (Bryan Marquez)... doing everything they can to get the car to me by EOY. Fingers crossed.
He's my DA too. He told me the same thing about an hour ago. I'm in PA so we'll see.

You ordered a Pure or Touring? Your profile at left says "Air Pure".
Oops, I tried to downgrade to Pure but that didn't go through. Updated just now thanks.

Does anyone know what the timeline is? Too many posts to sift through.

Is it VIN then ready payment before delivery or day of? I recently got the email to apply for financing and the car is 'In Production', but no VIN yet.

Any
I visited Jekyll and Hyde's PPF shop in Farmers Branch today. He has Bentley, Lamborghini, Range Rover, BMW, Dodge Viper etc in the shop. Some of the cars are getting vinyl wrapped. He is using STEK brand. He says it is superior to other brands. He can do matt finish and gloss finish. It takes 5-7 days to get it completely wrapped. It is a tedious process. Complete wrap is $7K + tax. Only front wrap is $3.4K + Tax. He worked on the glass as well as blacked out Chrome on the car. He did matt finish on Lucid GT. You can see it in shop lighting (not day light).
Looks super cool. did you do black gloss on the front edge(where the lucid name appears?) am also planning to do a wrap once i get my car(only on the platinum silver edges and the mirror). Not sure which color would go with the Zenith Red. also planning to do full PPF. what did you do to the glass? is it the entire roof? what tint did you do if so?

Not impressed by Omar 😂

Omar is my DA too. Dude seems really nice and knowledgeable. I just have a really hard time getting in touch with him. He told me email is a better method of communication over phone or text, but emails typically go unanswered. He did tell me last Friday when I spoke to him that he's been detailed to somewhere in Florida given the large amount of deliveries I there. Still haven't gotten a response to my latest email. @Emgee keep me posted on what you hear.
He was my DA too. He never replied to my email or text. Not even an acknowledgment. I spoke with him twice by scheduled call. I was getting trusted and finally called my SA and asked her to change my DA. I was now working with Ted. He is very responsive.

I see this message on my dashboard since the new dashboard is available. Is this a generic message for all cars that are in "preparing for production" stage? I see a Tidal code but no VIN or no apply for financing button. I already uploaded my registration information and drivers license 2 weeks ago and the only other information I could click on is the update insurance option.

Please provide some details to help facilitate the production and delivery process.​

I had the same preparing for production and it has changed to ‘in production’ now. No VIN yet..

Any

Looks super cool. did you do black gloss on the front edge(where the lucid name appears?) am also planning to do a wrap once i get my car(only on the platinum silver edges and the mirror). Not sure which color would go with the Zenith Red. also planning to do full PPF. what did you do to the glass? is it the entire roof? what tint did you do if so?
It is a Lucid GT he worked on. I am still waiting for my Lucid Touring 😅. He shared pics and video of the GT he worked on few months ago. He says car exterior panels are less complex than other cars. He also explained they disassemble some exterior parts to wrap film around and under. This takes time in addition to wrapping film. It also depends demand and resources.

I signed the purchase agreement yesterday and made the ACH payment (down payment) this morning. I am now waiting for the delivery date. I'll be agitated if I don't get my car before EOY.

Back