Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

To announce? Maybe. It’s not like they’ve produced more than a single one yet, so it hasn’t exactly gotten in the way of production.

Nope - not in this down market. Lots of people re-evaluated their finances when the market took a massive dump.

Having met Peter a few times now, and having spoken with him for a few hours, I can’t imagine him being any more humble. He knows what he’s good at, but he’s extremely open to criticism and well-reasoned points - I’ve skewered him on a few things, and he responded well and thoughtfully.

Same goes for Derek, who is almost too humble, heh.

I don’t know much about the rest of the exec team. 🤷‍♂️
So I get that some people cancel...for all kinds of reasons that don't involve doubt about the car...but if there is strong demand behind them, why do these cars remain unsold for weeks? I ask this because I see the decline in the order book ---when it should be expanding like peers--as the key to Lucid's survival.

Just received Purchase Agreement. ZR/SC.
Did you get it via email or on your dashboard? For some reason I am way behind you and I can't figure out why.

Something is not adding up. I see people posting about how they just got a ZR Touring VIN or that their car status changed to "In Production". My DA said they hit a snag in production of cars with ZR exterior color and that color is not expected to restart till next year. I was asked if I want to switch to CS. Any one has any insight in to this?

Definitely DE to showcase Lucid's cutting edge tech compared to Tesla and other EV's and then one model in 400 mile range instead of two (Touring & Pure), with options to kickstart the production and deliver as many as they can, each quarter. Full hands on deck on these models for a year or so, till production is streamlined, Software is bug free and then get into trims like Sapphire and so on!

Lucid didn't have to prove anything after launching Dream edition. Press was all over the car with amazing reviews for its interior and superior drive compared to Tesla. All they had to do was launch a 80-90K car with few luxury options based on what majority of the people will opt based on market survey!

My reasons to book a Pure were to simply put 25-30K miles per year on a car for my business commute. The cheapest 400 mile range EV was Lucid at 77K. Bought a Tesla 3 months ago(7k+ miles clocked) , it should have been Lucid.
Perhaps, but profit margins wont be that high with a pure. They will sell everything they produce, worldwide. You are forgetting the Gulf buying 10k a year. The issue was production, which would have been less if they jumped to the pure if you consider the logoistocs. The pure is ther saviour, when it comes out, software would be mostly fixed. I don't feel they did anything wrong, except maybe hiring those 6 useless executives.

If anything, the stock tanking would make the management & S.A being more humble.... This time last year, Lucid folks were talking as if they would take over the EV world.

I have friends & relatives working at Lucid, and I did hear that the management is quite arrogant - up until lately when they get beat up quite badly by WallStreet and the media. To Lucid's folks, the world missed out by not realizing how awesome Lucid EV tech is ...

Having a management team that is more humble, pragmatic, and stick to the ground will help the company in the long run.
If Ego Musk was like that, Tesla would be in the trashbin.....it's easy to say that in after the fact.

So I get that some people cancel...for all kinds of reasons that don't involve doubt about the car...but if there is strong demand behind them, why do these cars remain unsold for weeks? I ask this because I see the decline in the order book ---when it should be expanding like peers--as the key to Lucid's survival.
Market took a dump, house prices falling, high interest rates- so there were cancellations. But you have to understand Lucid only planned on selling about 40k airs a year worldwide. Most of there sales are going to be the Gravity- by the time tat starts delivering, markets will be on the upturn. Remember Tesla, everyone thought they wouldn't make it. Lucid is in a much better position with regards to product and backing by the PIF.

Took delivery today as promised by DA. It’s soooo nice.
I'm also getting home delivery. Did you have the instructions/walk through part virtual or did Lucid send someone? Any words of advice?

Last edited:
Status just went to “In Production” this evening 12/14 (and VIN was assigned) after going into “Preparing for Production” on Friday 12/9.
Zenith Red/Tahoe, Loaded, No Stealth, CA

Something is not adding up. I see people posting about how they just got a ZR Touring VIN or that their car status changed to "In Production". My DA said they hit a snag in production of cars with ZR exterior color and that color is not expected to restart till next year. I was asked if I want to switch to CS. Any one has any insight in to this?
First I've heard of a snag with ZR. Then an executive told someone here during the holiday party that all of the Tourings were finished production so who knows!

First I've heard of a snag with ZR. Then an executive told someone here during the holiday party that all of the Tourings were finished production so who knows!
I think your memory may have edited out the word "nearly", as in "nearly all of ..." There are configurations of Tourings that are Q1+, such as my metal roof and Mojave.

I think your memory may have edited out the word "nearly", as in "nearly all of ..." There are configurations of Tourings that are Q1+, such as my metal roof and Mojave.
I think you're probably right. 😂

Received VIN today, pls update. Also pls note I had switched to SSP as well.

DA says car is prepping for shipment and delivery can be expected in 7+ days.

Received VIN today, pls update. Also pls note I had switched to SSP as well.

DA says car is prepping for shipment and delivery can be expected in 7+ days.
tnx for info. I've been closely tracking Touring page since the DA's have been quiet about Pure VIN and delivery so you receiving your VIN today with expected delivery in 7+ days (another person estimated up to 10 days after VIN assignment) still gives some hope for Pure delivery by EOY.

Back