Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Just wanted to update my state - California

Great job on this tracker! Best view of where we “might” fit in the production plans?

Reactions: Joe
Those living in colder climates, especially WA state (@Rchie or @yiling1990) are we stuck with getting summer tires if we want 20" or 21" wheels? I talked to be SA (Billy) and he recommended that choose 19" because summer tires may not be viable in WA
Lucid seems to only offer summer tires on the 20" and 21".

Confirmation Date: Nov 8, 2022.
Interesting how I got the email to confirm after a few hours of posting my initial tracking info.

When a picture is worth 600 Lucid(s)

Attachments

• Lucid production 11.7.2022.jpg
    Lucid production 11.7.2022.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 105
Looking at the tracker, looks like I'm #21 (in terms of reservation date)
But not all of the 20 before me are fully loaded. So I'm curious to keep an eye on who receives their VIN to see how they're prioritizing

I have a feeling location will have a lot tto do with it
I actually started to take the time to note down who reserved and when. We know Lucid does things by color batches, so if you look at the tracker, Zenith Red and Grey are the most popular colors (with many more grays on the tracker). However, when you look at the optioning, Zenith Red has more fully loaded, non black interior, non stealth cars on the tracker and Grey is second. If this is representative of the overall orders, we might expect Red and Grey to be the first two colors produced in the Touring run. But no guarantees there.

New to the forum.

Surprisingly so little take rate on the stealth look... is that the look or the price?
Looks like I will be the first one to confirm Zenith red with stealth look.
And 9-10k Dream drive pro is surprisingly popular... is that the timing? getting it now vs 1st Q?
I admit that I debated this alot.... the functionality over asthetic. At the end, I couldn't justify $9k for future funtionality with no gurantee other that highway assist that's currently working.

anyways, here is mine:

Zenith Red
Santa Cruz Interior
Stealth Trim
Glass Roof
21" Wheels
Surreal Sound Pro
Dream Drive
Reservation Date: September 29, 2021
Order finalized: November 3rd, 2022
State: WA

New to the forum.

Surprisingly so little take rate on the stealth look... is that the look or the price?
And 9-10k Dream drive pro is surprisingly popular... is that the timing? getting it now vs 1st Q?
I admit that I debated this alot.... the functionality over asthetic. At the end, I couldn't justify $9k for future funtionality with no gurantee other that highway assist that's currently working.

anyways, here is mine:

Zenith Red
Santa Cruz Interior
Stealth Trim
Glass Roof
21" Wheels
Surreal Sound Pro
Dream Drive
In part, it may both be due to wanting the best chance to get the car in 2022 for the tax credit. Stealth is expensive and delays to 2023. DDP is expensive, but may be useful later down the road, but without it, there will not be a $7500 tax credit. With DDP, there is a better chance to get the credit. Thus you could say it makes DDP potentially a 1500 option. But for sure your are saving 9-10K by not getting it.

In part, it may both be due to wanting the best chance to get the car in 2022 for the tax credit.
speaking of the tax credit, I also signed the binding contract on 8/11 in hopes of locking the tax credit. Has it be confirmed that you have to take a delivery in 2022 in order to take the credit and if you do in 2023, it's out?

If this is true or very likely then I have to change the order because that's like getting dream drive pro for $1500 this year ($9k - $7.5) vs $6k for the stealth look.

New to the forum.

Looks like I will be the first one to confirm Zenith red with stealth look.

anyways, here is mine:

Zenith Red
Santa Cruz Interior
Stealth Trim
Glass Roof
21" Wheels
Surreal Sound Pro
Dream Drive
I initially was going to include Stealth on my Black / Tahoe AT, but when I got the chance to finalize my order I did not include the Stealth option. Obviously the look is not for everyone, but I was interested in it from the first day the $6K option was offered as I still haven't gotten used to the idea of all that platinum on the roof. After doing some research, I feel there are several excellent chrome blackout options available as part of a PPF installation that would look awesome at a cheaper price. The other reason was the obvious hope of getting the AT this year!

Opinions and interpretations on the tax credit are, uh, wildly varied. As are the opinions on whether you may or may not be able to get a delivery in 2022.

Opinions and interpretations on the tax credit are, uh, wildly varied. As are the opinions on whether you may or may not be able to get a delivery in 2022.
right... ok I realized I am hijacking the thread regarding tax credit issue, I will go read more on that.

I actually started to take the time to note down who reserved and when. We know Lucid does things by color batches, so if you look at the tracker, Zenith Red and Grey are the most popular colors (with many more grays on the tracker). However, when you look at the optioning, Zenith Red has more fully loaded, non black interior, non stealth cars on the tracker and Grey is second. If this is representative of the overall orders, we might expect Red and Grey to be the first two colors produced in the Touring run. But no guarantees there.
I was told that the production order would now be determined by confirmation date vs. the reservation date. I haven’t seen any information on how the confirmation information dovetails with the colors to arrive at a production priority for those of us who have ordered the cars with the “approved” configurations. It sure would be nice to know - especially with the tax rebate still highly questionable after the end of the year. As an aside, I talked to a Lucid employee who was giving a test drive to one of my neighbors. He said that they were trying very hard to deliver all of the ”loaded” Tourings before the end of the year.

When a picture is worth 600 Lucid(s)
They have a backlog of 34k reservations. Max people will wait for probably 1 yr. That means they need to deliver 3k per month on average. 300 per week just does not cut it. No guidance given. Stock down 11% after results were announced.

"NEWARK, Calif., Nov. 8, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Lucid Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: LCID), setting new standards with the longest- range, fastest-charging electric car on the market, today announced financial results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2022. Lucid reported Q3 revenue of $195.5 million on deliveries of 1,398 vehicles. The Company reported strong customer demand for Lucid Air with reservations over 34,000, as of November 7, 2022, representing potential sales of over $3.2 billion. This reservation number does not include the up to 100,000 vehicles under the agreement with the government of Saudi Arabia. Lucid ended the quarter with approximately $3.85 billion cash, cash equivalents, and investments, which is expected to fund the Company at least into the fourth quarter of 2023."

Finalized order/design last week . Had to connect with my Sales consultant to make an update the in the backend on my wheel choice. Really bummed that I cannot avail the 20" or 21" wheels without additional investment on tires as I cannot really drive on summer tires here in Seattle :(

Please update the tracker.

----
Reserved: 04/19/2022
Ordered: 08/10/2022
Design confirmed: 11/5/2022
Touring
Zenith Red
Santa Cruz Interior
Glass Roof
19" Wheels
Surreal Sound Pro
Dream Drive Pro

They have a backlog of 34k reservations. Max people will wait for probably 1 yr. That means they need to deliver 3k per month on average. 300 per week just does not cut it. No guidance given. Stock down 11% after results were announced.
Weird, did investors expect Lucid would suddenly have ramped up to 36k/year production rate when on October 12 they had already said 2282 produced in Q3?

Weird, did investors expect Lucid would suddenly have ramped up to 36k/year production rate when on October 12 they had already said 2282 produced in Q3?
You can never guess what they expect. However, there is a lot of competition. They need to hear that the backlog will be filled by the end of 23. They did not hear it. In 2024, lot more competition is coming from Hyundai ioniq 6, ioniq 7, GM Chevy equinox, Blazer, Fisker Ocean, Mercedes, BMW, polestar.....

Those living in colder climates, especially WA state (@Rchie or @yiling1990) are we stuck with getting summer tires if we want 20" or 21" wheels? I talked to be SA (Billy) and he recommended that choose 19" because summer tires may not be viable in WA
Lucid only offers summer tires for the 20" and 21" wheels. I believe Michelin Pilot Sport All Season tires will fit the 20" rims if you're willing to swap them out aftermarket, and I don't know if there are any all seasons that fit the 21". Part of the reason there are so few options is that the Lucid is really heavy, so you also need tires that can support the added weight.

Peter said the Touring started production last week and he will be delivering the first Touring next week on earnings call. Who's getting it?
Someone in the SoCal area I think? It was mentioned that the launch event on 11/15 will deliver the first Touring in the Beverly Hills studio.

You can never guess what they expect. However, there is a lot of competition. They need to hear that the backlog will be filled by the end of 23. They did not hear it. In 2024, lot more competition is coming from Hyundai ioniq 6, ioniq 7, GM Chevy equinox, Blazer, Fisker Ocean, Mercedes, BMW, polestar.....
Certainly the longer it takes Lucid to deliver cars to the current reservations the greater the risk customers will decide to get a different car instead, but which of the upcoming competition is legitimately comparable to a Lucid though (serious question)? So far it seems the offerings from even the premium brands don't quite match up?

Back