Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I really want to know which rep said DD Standard will no longer have Highway Assist, almost every other SA I've seen has said highway assist is a feature of DD only and not needed for pro.

Lucid really needs to make an official statement where are the 2 Lucid Official Staff members, can someone tag them to ask them?
The official statement is the October 12th, 2021 one. Nothing else has come out since then to announce a change.

DD gets Highway Assist
DD Pro gets Highway Pilot

Given the names are very similar I wouldn’t be surprised if the staff are mixing it up as many have misinterpreted it here also.

Oh I see what you're saying, I missed the bullet

View attachment 6043
Can someone break down Highway assist for me? This will be my first experience with these features in a car and I need to know more about all of this. When I test drove the GT back in June, we didn't use any of these features. Thanks!

The official statement is the October 12th, 2021 one. Nothing else has come out since then to announce a change.

DD gets Highway Assist

Given the names are very similar I wouldn’t be surprised if the staff are mixing it up as many have misinterpreted it here also.
Highway assist and Highway pilot??? I've never heard of Highway pilot.

Can someone break down Highway assist for me? This will be my first experience with these features in a car and I need to know more about all of this. When I test drove the GT back in June, we didn't use any of these features. Thanks!
It’s ADAS and Lane Centering combined basically. Will go with the flow of traffic and steer the car in its lane. Only works on highways

Highway assist and Highway pilot??? I've never heard of Highway pilot.
It’s in the statement and on the website. It’s the future release of hands free driving but no announcement on release date yet.

It’s in the statement and on the website. It’s the future release of hands free driving but no announcement on release date yet.
Thank you.

Reservation: Feb 4th 2021
Order date: Oct 26th 2022
Infinite Black, Tahoe Interior, 20” Aero Lite Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain

Reactions: Joe

DD gets Highway Assist

Check the web site configurator. Pretty clear. Says Highway Assist is part of Dream Drive Pro.

I’ll take the web site today over a press release from 2021 as more definitive.

Check the web site configurator. Pretty clear. Says Highway Assist is part of Dream Drive Pro.

I’ll take the web site today over a press release from 2021 as more definitive.
Well, if true then Lucid must be completely stupid or arrogant to not include it as standard in DD. Every car it competes with at that price point has some version of highway assist as standard or part of a driver assistance package that’s $2K to $4K, certainly not $9K.

The hands off / autonomous stuff yes, I agree with the $9K but certainly not for just ADAS with lane centering.

Changed from Black to Silver (with Stealth)
Glass canopy
Santa Cruz interior
Std 20" wheels
No pro software
No upgraded sound

Arizona

Res 2/21/21
Conf 10/27/22

Ditto here. It's been so long that I had to double-check to make sure I didn't screw anything up in terms of color and options. The wait begins....
Looks like you confirmed with all the original prices including options.

Confirmation Touring
October 27, 2222
Quantum Gray.
Glass Canopy
Tahoe
SSP
DDP
22””aero blade

Looks like you confirmed with all the original prices including options.
That was the promise. Glad they kept it for the options as well.

Spoke with a call center rep yesterday and was informed that because I ordered the Mojave interior my order was being pushed to Q1…I’m beyond livid at this point; compounded with the fact he said even though we locked the confirmation the tax credits are no longer applicable if delivery extends into 2023. Absolutely zero things about this have met or exceeded expectations everything I hear from them is a disappointment/bad news.

I know I’m prob being a little over about this but I had an Audi q8 that got smashed after only having it for a month and just decided to go off one car until this hit with the supply chain and market going insane, that was June 2021…and he said it would take on average 1-3 months from Q1 to deliver so easily puts us into June 2023.

So. Disappointed.

Spoke with a call center rep yesterday and was informed that because I ordered the Mojave interior my order was being pushed to Q1…I’m beyond livid at this point; compounded with the fact he said even though we locked the confirmation the tax credits are no longer applicable if delivery extends into 2023. Absolutely zero things about this have met or exceeded expectations everything I hear from them is a disappointment/bad news.

I know I’m prob being a little over about this but I had an Audi q8 that got smashed after only having it for a month and just decided to go off one car until this hit with the supply chain and market going insane, that was June 2021…and he said it would take on average 1-3 months from Q1 to deliver so easily puts us into June 2023.

So. Disappointed.
Yeah, it’s still surprising that interior color ended up being a factor in early production. I get all the other choices they made for the first run, but that one is still a bit of a head scratcher to me. They must have their reasons, but it doesn’t make it any less disappointing to those who wanted Mojave.

So. Disappointed.
The original $7,500 tax credit should still apply for 2022 if you converted your reservation to a non-refundable order confirmation prior to the passage of the new bill even if your Air isn't delivered until 2023.

Yeah, it’s still surprising that interior color ended up being a factor in early production. I get all the other choices they made for the first run, but that one is still a bit of a head scratcher to me. They must have their reasons, but it doesn’t make it any less disappointing to those who wanted Mojave.
The guy was getting kinda pushy about trying to switch me to another color but if I’m spending over $100k on a car I don’t want a color I don’t like…I’m not even wild about the two tone color from front to back, seems gimmicky to me, but whatever I just love black int. I’ve just been obsessed with cars my whole life and this is the inflection point where cars are merging to become like iPhones and I can never quiet get across the line

The original $7,500 tax credit should still apply for 2022 if you converted your reservation to a non-refundable order confirmation prior to the passage of the new bill even if your Air isn't delivered until 2023.
This is exactly what the rep said is no longer an option and they are offering full refunds on deposits now. Call your rep if delivery is goin past 12/31/22, that’s what I was told idk what else to say…he said it changed

This is exactly what the rep said is no longer an option and they are offering full refunds on deposits now. Call your rep if delivery is goin past 12/31/22, that’s what I was told idk what else to say…he said it changed
I'm literally not paying the Rep's any mind on this. I'd rather stick with what the legal team put out in August. In any case, we'll find out soon enough.

Back