Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

My delivery is scheduled for Next Thursday at 6pm. I hope that is enough time to get through the 'pre user acceptance training' plus inspection.

Got mine today at Tyson's Corner, VA.

Took about an hour at the showroom, then drove it to a garage to get the inspection done. The inspection was paid for and arranged by Lucid. Was very quick!

Call from my DA yesterday. Apparently they can't guarantee delivering my configuration (Zenith / Tahoe / Glass) in time for the 30 April end of the $7,500 credit. Interestingly he said they could get me the same configuration but with metal roof (which I don't want). So it's Zenith / Santa Cruz or Zenith / Mojave, or if we go for Quantum Gray we can have any interior.

Decisions, decisions. I'm inclining toward Zenith / Mojave - what do those with the Mojave interior think of it? Not too dark?
Did you decide what colors you are going with? i am in a similar boat. Cant decide between Quantum Gray/Santa Cruz vs. Zenith Red/Mojave.

Did you decide what colors you are going with? i am in a similar boat. Cant decide between Quantum Gray/Santa Cruz vs. Zenith Red/Mojave.
Just an FYI my delivery is 'tentatively' set for the 30th, this is because my car has not arrived the pickup place yet or gone through PDI and may not. But I already paid in full so even if it is delivered after the deadline it is already paid for less the 7 5k. If you have your PA and want to keep your build, you may want to go that route.

I am in California
Stellar White, Glass Canopy, 20” wheel, Tahoe, DD Pro, SS Pro.
Reserved 11/1/2021
Finalized 2/15/2023
VIN 3/20/2023

My delivery advisor emailed me today and the car will be arrived Torrance, CA tomorrow.
A lot faster than I expected.

I decided on Zenith / Mojave, got my VIN on Monday. And then, in yet another flip-flop, I canceled the order yesterday. I've been watching the prices for lightly-used GTs, and that's the way I'm going to go. Got some travel coming up, then the Model S will go on carsandbids and I'll find my GT. There are already few I've got my eye on ...

I decided on Zenith / Mojave, got my VIN on Monday. And then, in yet another flip-flop, I canceled the order yesterday. I've been watching the prices for lightly-used GTs, and that's the way I'm going to go. Got some travel coming up, then the Model S will go on carsandbids and I'll find my GT. There are already few I've got my eye on ...
You can't go wrong with that plan. I contemplated on that too, it was close but the 7.5k credit tilted me towards the new Touring.

finally got her back! and of course... now its raining! :( no launch tests today. ppf and tint look good!

Attachments

• 2023-lucid.jpg
    2023-lucid.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 100
Cant decide between Quantum Gray/Santa Cruz vs. Zenith Red/Mojave.

Let me say that I feel I made a BIG mistake with Santa Cruz.

It is Beee you ti FUL!

But it is white (other than the front seats). REALLY white.

I stopped at an EA near a Wal-Mart and got some cheap towels to put on the floors.

Lucid wants $250 for all-weather mats. Weathertech doesn't have any customs available yet.

It is Beee you ti FUL!

I stopped at an EA near a Wal-Mart and got some cheap towels to put on the floors.

Lucid wants $250 for all-weather mats. Weathertech doesn't have any customs available yet.
Get the 3D custom all weather mats. They work really well and have great coverage.

So the highlight so far of my Lucid journey happened today!

• Lyft Lux to the Houston Delivery Center.
  • Car passed the checklist for the most part (thank you @SaratogaLefty for creating the list).
  • Only issue was right rear wheel well liner was not fastened properly.
  • Software was 2.0.55. Was so excited I didn't think about CarPlay!
  • Only glitch today was front/rear camera view on curved display disappearing while backing up. A profile change resolved the issue, appreciate all the knowledge gleaned from the forum members!
The initial ride & drive:

Still limited time of course being the first day, but here are the first impressions. The interior feels very high quality, the seats are comfortable and supportive. Surreal Sound Pro sounds good to this audiophile's ear and it was a hoot listening to Pink Floyd's "Money" in Tidal Dolby Atmos! The UI is not terrible considering the response post 2.x.xx code and the menu structure not having to dig several pages deep to make a change. And of course CarPlay in a Lucid is no longer vaporware...

The steering is amongst the best EPS systems I've experienced, it's got this nice meaty feel on-center, and felt great at highway speeds, like the E39 M5 I had in the early aughts. The ride and handling comprise is well thought out, Panamera or Taycan come to mind with even less edge on impacts. I'd like to buy a round and shake the hands of the Lucid chassis development team! Overall NVH is well controlled and the structure feels more solid and jiggle-free than the TMS (updated interior) I test drove before deciding on the Air.

Acceleration, of course it was drizzling in Houston today, but had a brief chance to get on it during a gap in traffic and weather, confirming the response was breathtaking! The regen on high mode made driving very intuitive. I had to drive my Q5 after taking the Air home and even got mildly annoyed it didn't have full regen to bring the car to a halt!

The Lucid team members I worked with were all enthusiastic, friendly and knowledgeable, from Carol in inside sales, Ashlee at the Plano Studio on the test drive, Ross my DA, Tony his backup and Burhan, who today spent an hour and a half with us, did a great job explaining everything and entertaining the inspection.

And thanks again for the great members contributing to this forum!
IMG_1718.jpeg
IMG_1730.jpeg

DA emailed me that my Lucid is arrived at the delivery location, and it will get pre-delivery inspection.
Should I expect that I can pick it up in couple of days?
I am so exciting!

Attachments

• 4DA1B92A-A284-4FB5-8187-F2FAA777BEF4.jpeg
    4DA1B92A-A284-4FB5-8187-F2FAA777BEF4.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 88
So the highlight so far of my Lucid journey happened today!

• Lyft Lux to the Houston Delivery Center.
  • Car passed the checklist for the most part (thank you @SaratogaLefty for creating the list).
  • Only issue was right rear wheel well liner was not fastened properly.
  • Software was 2.0.55. Was so excited I didn't think about CarPlay!
  • Only glitch today was front/rear camera view on curved display disappearing while backing up. A profile change resolved the issue, appreciate all the knowledge gleaned from the forum members!
The initial ride & drive:

Still limited time of course being the first day, but here are the first impressions. The interior feels very high quality, the seats are comfortable and supportive. Surreal Sound Pro sounds good to this audiophile's ear and it was a hoot listening to Pink Floyd's "Money" in Tidal Dolby Atmos! The UI is not terrible considering the response post 2.x.xx code and the menu structure not having to dig several pages deep to make a change. And of course CarPlay in a Lucid is no longer vaporware...

The steering is amongst the best EPS systems I've experienced, it's got this nice meaty feel on-center, and felt great at highway speeds, like the E39 M5 I had in the early aughts. The ride and handling comprise is well thought out, Panamera or Taycan come to mind with even less edge on impacts. I'd like to buy a round and shake the hands of the Lucid chassis development team! Overall NVH is well controlled and the structure feels more solid and jiggle-free than the TMS (updated interior) I test drove before deciding on the Air.

Acceleration, of course it was drizzling in Houston today, but had a brief chance to get on it during a gap in traffic and weather, confirming the response was breathtaking! The regen on high mode made driving very intuitive. I had to drive my Q5 after taking the Air home and even got mildly annoyed it didn't have full regen to bring the car to a halt!

The Lucid team members I worked with were all enthusiastic, friendly and knowledgeable, from Carol in inside sales, Ashlee at the Plano Studio on the test drive, Ross my DA, Tony his backup and Burhan, who today spent an hour and a half with us, did a great job explaining everything and entertaining the inspection.

And thanks again for the great members contributing to this forum!
View attachment 10873View attachment 10874
Excellent write up!
Come join the Texas Lucid Owners forum!

https://lucidowners.com/threads/all-texas-owners-or-future-owners-please-post-on-this-thread.2404/

Reactions: off

It is Beee you ti FUL!

Do what some of us have done. Get the Mojave mats. Those are great and not black and go very well with the Santa Cruz interior.

Back