Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Delivery day at last!

Just picked up my Touring after reserving exactly 1 year ago. Shotout to the folks at the Cherry Creek studio in Denver for being so friendly and accommodating. I haven't had a ton of time with the car yet as I'm dropping it off for some detailing, but I can tell it will be everything I hoped for and more. Thank you to everyone on this forum for their wisdom and insight!

Also, below are my details for the tracker. I changed colors and dropped Stealth to take advantage of the Air credit. Thanks!

Reservation: March 19 2022
"Confirmed": August 10 2022
Configuration confirmed: November 1 2022
VIN assigned: February 13 2023
Delivered: March 19 2023
Lucid Air Touring
Cosmos Silver
Glass Canopy
Mojave Interior
Platinum Look
20" Aero Lite Wheels
Surreal Sound Pro
DreamDrive Pro
State: UT

Delivery day at last!

Just picked up my Touring after reserving exactly 1 year ago. Shotout to the folks at the Cherry Creek studio in Denver for being so friendly and accommodating. I haven't had a ton of time with the car yet as I'm dropping it off for some detailing, but I can tell it will be everything I hoped for and more. Thank you to everyone on this forum for their wisdom and insight!
Excellent!
Congrats and enjoy the car to the fullest.

A quick re-cap of my experience while it's still fresh!

My appointment was for noon, I arrived about 20 minutes early. Wandered around the showroom (it's where the Macys used to be, north end of the mall) for a few minutes before someone asked if I needed help. My DA came out and we shook hands and she handed me off to a couple guys and I never saw her again.

They had me sit and wait while they got ready (no more than 5 minutes). Refreshments were offered (they have a Nespresso machine and cold drinks).

Guys came back and took me to a fairly large garage/showroom area where my car sat alone. It was awesome seeing it for the first time! I signed maybe five papers, easily the least painful new car purchase ever (no f-ing Finance Manager pushing the extended warranty, etc.). They asked me to give the car a once over, but it was not a lot of time. I didn't use the checklist, just went over the exterior and opened the doors/trunk/frunk. The lighting in the room wasn't great for seeing any paint problems.

Then we sat in the car while one of the guys guided me through the setup. Took maybe 30 minutes? I don't know. TIme was flying by for me (overwhelming!). He knew the basics, but did not know the details. I asked him how to turn on battery pre-conditioning and he knew how and showed me. However, I asked if it would pre-condition automatically if I put an EA station into the nav. He said it would. It doesn't. I learned that here on the forum and tested it out on the way home. Got less than 20 minuted from the EA station and it didn't come on.

So that is the main negative of my experience. The main guy had worked there for two weeks. The other guy was his "trainee" and had been there days. He knew the car well, but not well enough for one of us Forumites/Enthusiasts (i.e. pains-in-the-asses) who have read everything and watched every You-Tube vid about this car.

I did complain that my trim did not have massaging seats while my much less-expensive GV-60 did. "Please move that up the chain of command" I said. I expect a free swap out with massaging seats any day now (lol).

We completed the setup, then I was ready to roll. I feel like they never would have collected my financing check if I didn't remind them. They weren't that focused on it. When I was signing the papers before the setup, I asked if they wanted it and they weren't that interested? I don't know how to describe it. I signed it just before I left.

Then all three of us drove to a local garage where the car got its VA inspection sticker. Of course, you won't do this if you live outside VA. This took maybe 15-20 minutes including the short drive. They two guys got picked up by someone from the showroom and then I drove off into the sunset.
Canyonero -
Thanks for sharing this ! As you know I had been waffling between home delivery and making a flight to DC (200+ miles from Pittsburgh) to pick up at Tysons. I decided Saturday to confirm a home delivery . . . and from the sounds of your experience (not bad - but say, surprisingly quick and with "instructors" who were not experts with the vehicle), I think I made the right choice. I'll be happy not to have a 12 + hr day (including 4 hr drive home) and not get at least 90 minutes or so of instruction - hopefully I can get at least what you got via a virtual / video instruction on the car. Hope you are enjoying the new ride . . . I can't wait !

Also, below are my details for the tracker. I changed colors and dropped Stealth to take advantage of the Air credit. Thanks!

Reservation: March 19 2022
"Confirmed": August 10 2022
Configuration confirmed: November 1 2022
VIN assigned: February 13 2023
Delivered: March 19 2023
Lucid Air Touring
Cosmos Silver
Glass Canopy
Mojave Interior
Platinum Look
20" Aero Lite Wheels
Surreal Sound Pro
DreamDrive Pro
State: UT
I’ll be watching for you in Utah from my gray touring. Home delivery scheduled tomorrow. Psyched!

picked mine up yesterday at tysons corner! had to wait an hour and a half for them to finish detailing, which was fine since i'd been flying all morning - grabbed lunch at the beer joint around the corner. immediately drove to get PPF/Tint applied, kind of a white knuckle experience: first time in an all electric vehicle, not familiar with local area/traffic, and yeah - a tad quicker than my '06 xterra farm truck! all smiles though

Attachments

• first_glance_front.jpg
    first_glance_front.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 130
  • first_glance_back.jpg
    first_glance_back.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 131
picked mine up yesterday at tysons corner! had to wait an hour and a half for them to finish detailing, which was fine since i'd been flying all morning - grabbed lunch at the beer joint around the corner. immediately drove to get PPF/Tint applied, kind of a white knuckle experience: first time in an all electric vehicle, not familiar with local area/traffic, and yeah - a tad quicker than my '06 xterra farm truck! all smiles though
Congratulations!

I never get tired of seeing pictures of this car!!! Thanks for sharing, @dwfallin. I also never get tired of reading threads that convey an owner's anticipation of delivery, excitement when the car is picked up, then sense of awe when driving the car.
I rarely get out to Tysons, but tomorrow I have an appointment in that area so I arranged for a test drive of an AT. I did a test dive of AGT back in October and was floored, figuratively and literally.
I just need to get behind the wheel of a Lucid Air periodically until the day comes when my Pure RWD is produced.

Had an appt at Short Hills for tomorrow. They called and told me the car had an issue where it was in "European mode" so it got delayed. Now im scheduled for Sunday at 1. Pretty annoying as i rearranged my schedule for tomorrow

Finally! I get my PA, congratulations to me! For reference I got my VIN the same time as @lucidtouringman and he has probably put 10k miles on his car 🤨
I really hope there is nothing wrong with mine... well check is in the mail and keeping fingers crossed that I get a delivery schedule soon.

Finally! I get my PA, congratulations to me! For reference I got my VIN the same time as @lucidtouringman and he has probably put 10k miles on his car 🤨
I really hope there is nothing wrong with mine... well check is in the mail and keeping fingers crossed that I get a delivery schedule soon.
Wow... It's been a while for you for sure! Sorry it's taken this long... But the wait is well worth it.. hang in there.. and I've only managed to put 1k miles on mine so far.. !

congrats! i ordered mine back in august of '21 so yeah, long wait.. but the buildup makes it even better! be sure and post pics when you pick it up!

I mentioned yesterday that I had a test drive of a Touring scheduled for this afternoon at Tysons. It went great! Farah from Lucid Tysons accompanied me on my test drive just as she did back in October when I did a test drive of a AGT. It was so good to get behind the wheel of a Lucid again!
Farah said that they had just received a Fathom Blue Pure at the new Tysons service center, so we stopped by there during my test drive. Here are a couple pics. This car was going to a customer after it is prepped, so the Lucid staff could not open the car, even just to peek inside.
Ashley at the service center said they should have a Pure in the next couple weeks that will be available for test drives.
Fun fact: When I visited the newly-opened Lucid Studio at Tysons in December 2021, it was Ashley who put me on Lucid's email list. I found a picture of the pre-production Lucid Air on display back then.
It was the email from Lucid in May of last year about reserving before the price increase that started me on my journey to own a Pure!
Thanks to Farah, Ashley and the many great people on Lucid teams across the country.

Attachments

• 20230322_181400.jpg
    20230322_181400.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 112
  • 20230322_181431.jpg
    20230322_181431.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 116
  • 20211210_161837.jpg
    20211210_161837.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 115
It’s CarPlay Friday in Asia time.

Got mine today at Tyson's Corner, VA.

Took about an hour at the showroom, then drove it to a garage to get the inspection done. The inspection was paid for and arranged by Lucid. Was very quick!
Hi! Can you elaborate more on the inspection and getting lucid to cover it?

Back