Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I took advantage of the 7500 credit as well and after DA finalized the design my dashboard also switched to "preparing for delivery". I believe its because the 7500 credit is for configurations that is in existing inventory and has already been produced.
This is exactly right. My sales rep went through about 8 "available" configurations before I settled on one, VIN was assigned almost immediately.

Mine is still at the factory, made payment on Wed, so I'm hoping I see it head out soon, pretty sure my DA is sick of hearing from me. 😀

Is it possible to take delivery much later? I was not expecting car for another month at least
I would guess it's probably still several weeks out before you would get it. I just received purchase agreement today when I got the VIN exactly 1 week ago. I would assume you could delay it by not signing the purchase agreement and/or not providing payment until later, best to talk to your DA.

I've had luck simply calling the studio and talking to whoever happens to answer the phone. Tysons Corner has been fantastic to deal with, I'm getting home delivery, but was originally assigned there for pickup, so that's the location I've been dealing with.

The DA I spoke with yesterday indicated that cars sitting at the factory pending shipment to either Goose Island or Coldwater for inspection are prioritized based upon how "far along" they are with the purchasing process. I was assigned a VIN on 2/11 and confirmed the car was through production on 2/14, and only yesterday did they indicate that since my purchase agreement was signed that they would proceed with prioritizing my

For those who upgraded from pure to touring in 2023, how long did it take you to get a VIN? I upgraded thinking I would get the DDP 3-month trial but nervous they might stop that soon
I upgraded on 2/16 and got the VIN on 2/17.

Dashboard updated to "in production" and VIN assigned! Is this the first known Metal roof Touring in production?

Morning! I have a few updates for the group. First, it turns out that my car actually still IS in AZ. And, it actually did go through PDI already. So, according to what I was told, vehicles are going through PDI at the factory. Glad to clear that up. Unfortunately, that means 2 things- my DA had (and gave me) inaccurate information and I'm not getting my car as quickly as I was told I would.
Brief timeline of the last several days:
I spoke to my DA Wednesday when he told me the car was in Chicago and just waiting to be loaded on transport to Buffalo. They were only waiting on me to sign the PA (which had to be revised) and make payment. Once I did that, it would be ~4 days for delivery.
Thursday night I received and signed the revised PA. And I arranged to sell my current ride to a local dealer first thing Saturday morning and rent a car through Wednesday. Saturday sale was needed to get the best offer for my sale which made it worth a rental for a few days until my car arrived.
Yesterday at lunch I confirmed everything with my DA and made my payment. DA confirmed receipt of it mid afternoon and I asked him to schedule delivery. After several hours of him "working on it" I got a call saying that there was a problem with the car (software related) and the car was NOT ready to go. No ETA on readiness or delivery but he would work on it and even try to find another vehicle with the same configuration to make the switch. At this point, I was committed to sell my car Saturday morning and rent a car (now indefinitely) until my car arrived and Lucid had my $94k which was paid under some inaccurate information. I felt like I had been misled and was upset.
Yesterday evening, after weighing my options, one of which was to tell everyone here how upset I was, I decided to email Marqie who had been so helpful previously. exactly 40 minutes after emailing him, I received a phone call from Matt L who is the head of delivery (and logistics?) for the US telling me how sorry he was about the miscommunication and asking me what he/they could do to make it right. He informed me the car was in AZ, had already undergone PDI, needed transport and a recheck/final detailing before delivery (no software issue). He was incredibly understanding of my disappointment, frustration, and how the process had made me feel. He offered multiple concessions including what my DA had offered. He even offered to reverse the payment pending the scheduled delivery. I told him that wasn't necessary. We decided that Lucid would keep the payment arrange/pay for my rental and that my car would be shipped to Chicago for an expedited PDI and then to Buffalo asap estimated ETA 7-10 days.

TLDR: DA provided incorrect information and timeline, I was upset, Lucid made it right and showed how much they value us, their customers. Kudos, @mcr16 and the Lucid Team!

Dashboard updated to "in production" and VIN assigned! Is this the first known Metal roof Touring in production?
Dr Chill:
Keep us posted on the Metal head/roof Touring production. My initial downpayment 11/21...finalized 11/22. Getting antsy.

LOVE IT! Just back from Short Hills and ready to place an order next wk.

Can I ask, is that the Zenith Red and what interior? Also, did you go w Stealth Mode?
He has Santa Cruz and no stealth. Scroll through this thread, both of us posted ZR/SC photos of our deliveries.

Received a phone call yesterday from Lucid. My AT is in Costa Mesa under pre-delivery inspection now!😄
My birthday is next month, thinking I'll get the best birthday gift ever: my Lucid! Hooray!🥳

I have been awaiting delivery of my Touring now that it arrived in Houston yesterday. I happened to be in the area next to the service center so decided to stop by the center to see if I could see my car...and lo and behold...I found my car (confirmed via VIN) sitting on the parking lot...I am in love ! I was surprised a bit by how dirty the car is after delivery...obviously...but still looked awesome to my eyes and no doubt they will polish her up priorto delivery....here are some shots....

Attachments

• PXL_20230225_184508775.jpg
    PXL_20230225_184508775.jpg
    836.1 KB · Views: 148
  • PXL_20230225_185551845.jpg
    PXL_20230225_185551845.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 133
  • PXL_20230225_190343676.jpg
    PXL_20230225_190343676.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 150
View attachment 9905
Touring Delivered today! 19” wheels, Q grey, santa cruz, glass roof, surround sound 😊
Your car looks great and is very encouraging 😀. I was at the private event in Tysons Corner VA yesterday and was able to see different car combinations side by side. I hated my configuration of grey, and the 19" rims looked really bad, compared to the 20" and 21". The silver color. Which is really a light shade of grey also stood out. "Unfortunately" my car is already built in CA and will soon be on its way to Chicago for inspection so no more changes.
This photo is really encouraging so I guess the bad weather had an effect yesterday. I opted for 19"s because of various posts about blowouts, I'm wondering if the 20s also have that problem. Btw does yours have the wheel caps for improved range over them? Attaching some pictures I took

Attachments

• 20230225_133242.jpg
    20230225_133242.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 147
  • 20230225_133251.jpg
    20230225_133251.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 149
  • 20230225_133323.jpg
    20230225_133323.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 146
  • 20230225_133357.jpg
    20230225_133357.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 142
  • 20230225_133407.jpg
    20230225_133407.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 132
  • 20230225_133429.jpg
    20230225_133429.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 161
View attachment 9933
Charger installed earlier today.. Hardwired 48A Chargepoint... Now all I need is the car!
Is your charger plugged into a 240v outlet? If yes what is the point of the charger as I understand the car can plug directly to the same outlet. I'm just 🤔

Your car looks great and is very encouraging 😀. I was at the private event in Tysons Corner VA yesterday and was able to see different car combinations side by side. I hated my configuration of grey, and the 19" rims looked really bad, compared to the 20" and 21". The silver color. Which is really a light shade of grey also stood out. "Unfortunately" my car is already built in CA and will soon be on its way to Chicago for inspection so no more changes.
This photo is really encouraging so I guess the bad weather had an effect yesterday. I opted for 19"s because of various posts about blowouts, I'm wondering if the 20s also have that problem. Btw does yours have the wheel caps for improved range over them? Attaching some pictures I took
I opted 19" also for all season and less chance of wheel breakage on potholes (I have had cracked many wheel replacements with BMW's ~my tire guy says BMW means "Break My Wheels"~)
I think a big visual improvement is to remove the Aero Covers, it is said you lose 2-5% efficiency. Have Lucid change the center cap to satin and add black lug caps for an additional $125
lucid_wheel-jpg.5221

Below is from this Forum thread.

Pictures of wheels without aero covers/inserts?​

e442933b-eda3-4270-8543-adc66308bf69-jpeg.4756

Took delivery of my grey Touring Friday. Very happy so far. I have a short daily commute and have gotten by fine trickle charging my Tesla Model 3 for the last 4 years, so have been planning to do the same with the Lucid. Had a bit of a scare the first night when it wouldn't charge. Turned out I just needed to hit the reset button on the outlet. Now getting 4 mi/hr, which will work for me.

I had it delivered to a mostly empty parking lot behind a bank down the street from where I was working and the truck beat me to the location. When I got there I found a truck pulling a trailer with the ramp down, looked in the trailer and only saw a Mercedes. Started to worry, then looked around and saw that the driver had already backed it out and parked it around some other cars. I had walked past it without even noticing. 😆

In reading the threads here, I was expecting the UI to be a big step down from Tesla's. That's not been my experience though. I think the UI is very intuitive and can't think of any major complaints. Some minor things:
- I've logged into Spotify and it plays music seemingly every time I get in the car, even if it wasn't playing when I got out. Also, even if I pause the music after sitting down, it starts up again when I close the door. Weird.
- I'd like to be able to turn on the seat warmer and steering wheel warmer from the app, not just turn on the cabin heating.

Took delivery of my grey Touring Friday. Very happy so far. I have a short daily commute and have gotten by fine trickle charging my Tesla Model 3 for the last 4 years, so have been planning to do the same with the Lucid. Had a bit of a scare the first night when it wouldn't charge. Turned out I just needed to hit the reset button on the outlet. Now getting 4 mi/hr, which will work for me.

I had it delivered to a mostly empty parking lot behind a bank down the street from where I was working and the truck beat me to the location. When I got there I found a truck pulling a trailer with the ramp down, looked in the trailer and only saw a Mercedes. Started to worry, then looked around and saw that the driver had already backed it out and parked it around some other cars. I had walked past it without even noticing. 😆

In reading the threads here, I was expecting the UI to be a big step down from Tesla's. That's not been my experience though. I think the UI is very intuitive and can't think of any major complaints. Some minor things:
- I've logged into Spotify and it plays music seemingly every time I get in the car, even if it wasn't playing when I got out. Also, even if I pause the music after sitting down, it starts up again when I close the door. Weird.
- I'd like to be able to turn on the seat warmer and steering wheel warmer from the app, not just turn on the cabin heating.
I agree with you on every point. The auto-playing music (especially the second time after closing the door) drives me completely bananas. Why anyone at Lucid thought the music should restart, even after I explicitly stop it, I have no idea. I can only hope they eventually add a preference to keep the damn music off until I start it.

Also, given how important seat heat is in an EV, I really hope that gets added to the app as well. There is that one preference in the climate controls that’s supposed to automatically start the seats and steering wheel when you set the climate, but that never seems to work for me.

I opted 19" also for all season and less chance of wheel breakage on potholes (I have had cracked many wheel replacements with BMW's ~my tire guy says BMW means "Break My Wheels"~)
I think a big visual improvement is to remove the Aero Covers, it is said you lose 2-5% efficiency. Have Lucid change the center cap to satin and add black lug caps for an additional $125
lucid_wheel-jpg.5221

Pictures of wheels without yes​

Yes this looks 👍 I'm definitely doing this. Thanks!

Is your charger plugged into a 240v outlet? If yes what is the point of the charger as I understand the car can plug directly to the same outlet. I'm just 🤔
No the charger is hardwired directly into the circuit breaker... I don't have an outlet installed..I opted for a higher amperage for which hardwiring was the only option..

lucid_wheel-jpg.5221

Pictures of wheels without aero covers/inserts?​

e442933b-eda3-4270-8543-adc66308bf69-jpeg.4756
By the way, I've had an x6 with run flats since 2014, 70k miles and two tire replacements -never had a breakage, how fast or where do you drive??? 😁

No the charger is hardwired directly into the circuit breaker... I don't have an outlet installed..I opted for a higher amperage for which hardwiring was the only option..
If you don't mind, how much did that cost including the charger

Back