• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

No---it's a concern of the 20s performing in upper-Midwest winters...
Oh pfft...yeah you are for sure going to need a different set...I've lived and driven (sideways included with micro-prayers to my maker) in Chicago...sorry I wouldnt' have asked had I known your location. Im sure you've thought of this but how about a 19" set of wheels+winter tires as your winter boots?

I just upgraded from Pure to touring (legacy pricing) with a glass roof and 20" wheels (everything else is standard). Zenith red with Tahoe interior. I upgraded today and have a VIN assigned already. I haven't seen the Tahoe interior in person, as my center (Plano) doesn't have a model with that interior, so it's a bit of a gamble.

I am in DFW - Does anyone have recommendations for a shop to perform PPF? I've never done PPF, but given I plan to hang onto this car for a while, I'd like to research this along with any other recommendations the group may have to preserve the paint. Also, any recommendations on tint types to lower heat while improving some privacy will be welcome.

North Carolina. Cosmos Silver, Mojave, 19", no stealth, standard DD/SS.

Upgraded from Pure
Reservation 5/26/22, request to finalize 2/10 (upgraded to Touring same day), VIN assigned 2/11.

I'm in Western NC and they want me taking delivery in McLean, VA which is 7+ hours. Would prefer not to do this, anyone else have experience asking them for home delivery? Imagine this would have some impact on my destination fee but would also prefer not to have an immediate 7 hour road trip upon pickup.

Still can't believe they have no service center or showroom in either Atlanta (3.5 hrs) or Charlotte (90 mins) yet, seems like big markets to be ignoring, especially Atl.
I'm getting home delivery tomorrow. No charge for home delivery and the destination fee remined the same at $1,650. Tell your DA Tysons Corner pick up 7+ hours away is ridiculous!

I'm getting home delivery tomorrow. No charge for home delivery and the destination fee remined the same at $1,650. Tell your DA Tysons Corner pick up 7+ hours away is ridiculous!
Good to know, thanks! I had a DA assigned (emailed them yesterday) but now none assigned. VIN was assigned on Saturday and shows as still in production, so guessing I'm still a couple of weeks from delivery.

Is this an all-weather 20" from Lucid-approved? or just after market product?
Aftermarket. I'm unaware of Lucid having approved AS tires outside of the 19" Pirellis. Hopefully by next Winter, Lucid will have released an approved AS tire for the 20's and 21's.

Oh pfft...yeah you are for sure going to need a different set...I've lived and driven (sideways included with micro-prayers to my maker) in Chicago...sorry I wouldnt' have asked had I known your location. Im sure you've thought of this but how about a 19" set of wheels+winter tires as your winter boots?
Thought a bit about it--it's the cost + hassle of storing a set, and twice a year going to (I assume) Goose Island for the switch
Aftermarket. I'm unaware of Lucid having approved AS tires outside of the 19" Pirellis. Hopefully by next Winter, Lucid will have released an approved AS tire for the 20's and 21's.
Yes---my point, which I regret wants clear

I'm right behind you with my home delivery likely in a couple of weeks. So I will have lots of questions for you about how it goes

I'm right behind you with my home delivery likely in a couple of weeks. So I will have lots of questions for you about how it goes
Well so far, I'm still waiting on either Tysons Corner or Short Hills to call and email me with the Zoom link for the virtual walkthrough. Going to reach out to my DA in about an hour or so to have him follow up. He's based out of California so it's only 7:00 am there.

I sold my Tesla yesterday and should be picking up my Touring today at the Houston Service center…i guess they are still waiting on their ding repair guy to fix the small ding by the charge port….

I sold my Tesla yesterday and should be picking up my Touring today at the Houston Service center…i guess they are still waiting on their ding repair guy to fix the small ding by the charge port….
Did you sell it privately or to one of the car buying services?

Good luck with your new Touring.

I’m in the same boat. Car is in Seattle now for PDI and expecting delivery in the next 2 weeks. Very excited!

I’m in the same boat. Car is in Seattle now for PDI and expecting delivery in the next 2 weeks. Very excited!
Stoked for you...wondering why the PDI takes 2 whole weeks...what all are they checking for?

Awesome! Please take photos and share your experience...I will be picking up my Touring at the Houston service center soon (~2 weeks)! Would love to hear all that went well and all that needs improvement in the process ...

Stoked for you...wondering why the PDI takes 2 whole weeks...what all are they checking for?
Fit and finish. Sometimes correcting minor damage from transport. I think some of the delay is coordinating covered transport to my house since I live about 5 hours away.

There are lots of cars to process. They got the car to the site but now, you have to wait in queue for the cars that are already there waiting for PDI. Then, if they find something, it could delay delivery so they can't schedule the hauler until they have a reasonable expectation the car is ready. PDI itself probably only takes a couple of hours if everything is good.

Back