• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

Thanks for your advice nobzilla. I have a pure reserva

ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE! I had an older Pure reservation, upgraded to Touring and got the 7500 discount! The DAs are always super well informed..
how did you swing that. I spoke to Lucid yesterday and was told the discount was only on the previously built more expensive Tourings.

how did you swing that. I spoke to Lucid yesterday and was told the discount was only on the previously built more expensive Tourings.
I didn't have to do much other than to email my SA to see if I can get older pricing on touring and she just said yes on the older pricing and then a couple of weeks later, she called me herself and said I'd be getting a 7500 credit..sorry you're having a hard time of it..see if you can get your DA to speak to someone else or get more clarity..

About to finalize my Pure order but there’s been no update to the tax credit. Is that dead now? I converted my reservation to an order back in August 2022.

About to finalize my Pure order but there’s been no update to the tax credit. Is that dead now? I converted my reservation to an order back in August 2022.
As of the beginning of 2023, the tax credit no longer applies to any Lucid model. The 2022 credit was for date of delivery, not date of order.

I also got a call from my SA and an email. Even though I ordered a base model Pure they are asking me to finalize. Seems odd if they are not making base models until Q3 or Q4. I thought finalizing means they are ready to start producing the car.

Anyway, I want to test drive the Pure RWD and check out the Fanthom Blue before finalizing.
I have an RWD Pure and had to "finalize" my order in early Q4 of 2022. I was still able to make changes to my configuration since it will not be built until Q3 2023 but it required my SA to file a ticket to HQ. I would not worry too much about it. I think they just want a more accurate picture of the type of configurations in the pipeline so they can plan.

I think they are trying to get people to upsell them based on getting the vehicle in q1/q2 of this year instead of q3/q4

I have an RWD Pure and had to "finalize" my order in early Q4 of 2022. I was still able to make changes to my configuration since it will not be built until Q3 2023 but it required my SA to file a ticket to HQ. I would not worry too much about it. I think they just want a more accurate picture of the type of configurations in the pipeline so they can plan.
OK, that is comforting. Thinking about it is not really necessary to drive a RWD before finalizing. I would still have to see the Phantom Blue in the metal. Still, 'tho, why are some getting this request? They have my reservation & order. Perhaps for some reason they think they can up sell me to a Touring and this prompts me to go to the studio and talk to the SA? I'm not interested in that. In fact I want a later delivery date. I figure more of the bugs will be handled by then.

Finalized February 10, 2023
Reservation Date May 28, 2022
Confirmed August 11, 2022.
AWD w/ 19" Aero Range
Fathom Blue w/ Mojave & Alcantara
DDPro
SSPro

Even if you could upgrade from Pure to Touring at legacy pricing, you will need to opt for glass canopy at minimum to get the $7,500 EV credit, from what I am reading-
1676181829867.png

Anyone knows more?

OK, that is comforting. Thinking about it is not really necessary to drive a RWD before finalizing. I would still have to see the Phantom Blue in the metal. Still, 'tho, why are some getting this request? They have my reservation & order. Perhaps for some reason they think they can up sell me to a Touring and this prompts me to go to the studio and talk to the SA? I'm not interested in that. In fact I want a later delivery date. I figure more of the bugs will be handled by then.
Agree, I like to see and/or drive an RWD before I finalize the purchase if possible. I'm in the same boat, I prefer to wait and get the configuration I prefer. I do think they are just trying to figure out the configurations down the pipeline for planning but they are also definitely trying to upsell as part of this email campaign. It's a business at the end of the day that is trying to make money 💰. We just have to decide if we are willing to wait for the configuration we want or willing to pay more money to jump the line for something else. It is what it is......

That continues to be my thought process. However I still don’t understand why some, with much earlier reservation dates and the same RWD configuration, are not asked to finalize. Another head scratcher.

That continues to be my thought process. However I still don’t understand why some, with much earlier reservation dates and the same RWD configuration, are not asked to finalize. Another head scratcher.
The email messages and web site updates appear to trickle out, not all come at once. I often see the bulk messages well after I've seen others here read their messages.

Even if you could upgrade from Pure to Touring at legacy pricing, you will need to opt for glass canopy at minimum to get the $7,500 EV credit, from what I am reading-
View attachment 9653
Anyone knows more?
You are right, My DA has asked me to choose the Options for guarantee to get the Credit. Someone else has posted here that he upgraded to get Credit but leave out the DDP and SSP

I believe some of it has to do with whether you converted your reservation to a non refundable order back in August 2022. From what I’m seeing, people who converted got asked to finalize their order first.

I believe some of it has to do with whether you converted your reservation to a non refundable order back in August 2022. From what I’m seeing, people who converted got asked to finalize their order first.
Now that would make some sense. Thanks.

So, in addition to RWD Pure's, AWD Pure's without DreamDrive Pro and/or Surreal Sound Pro won't arrive until Q3, correct? As a 2020 Pure reservation holder, the allure is wearing off some as I continue to get pushed down the queue. With the heavy discounts that lightly-used Lucid's are trading for (compared to other hot new vehicles), used is looking more and more appealng.

Perhaps that is it. I though since I've ordered a base Pure I would be near the last to receive my car. They cannot earn as much from me as say others that are also getting SSPro and/or DDPro. But here it is February and I being asked to Finalize, 1 year after my reservation.

Last edited:
Perhaps that is it. I though since I've ordered a base Pure I would be near the last to receive my car. They cannot earn as much from me as say others that are also getting SSPro and/or DDPro. But here it is February and I being asked to Finalize, 1 year after my reservation.
As Duke_Dallas indicated above, lightly used pre owned Lucids are discounted heavily. I fear that demand for a sedan at current price points is dwindling. That may be why they’re asking customers with base model reservations to finalize. It would not surprise me if Lucid started expanding the $7,500 credits to Pure models.

I was surprised to receive the email a couple days ago asking me to finalize. The finalize button is on my account now. I placed my order in late May and converted it in August before IRA.
I also only ordered RWD in infinite black, no DD pro or SS pro.
I'm not planning on "finalizing" until I need to. The only thing I will likely change is the color to fathom blue. Like others, I want to see a Pure with that color and hopefully do a test drive down the road sometime.

So, in addition to RWD Pure's, AWD Pure's without DreamDrive Pro and/or Surreal Sound Pro won't arrive until Q3, correct? As a 2020 Pure reservation holder, the allure is wearing off some as I continue to get pushed down the queue. With the heavy discounts that lightly-used Lucid's are trading for (compared to other hot new vehicles), used is looking more and more appealng.
Have you considered upgrading to a Touring? Although, they are being shipped with DDP and SSP its only a 90 day trial.

Back