• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

That is opposite of what mine said.
I think it might depend on whether the original reservation had Legacy pricing.

My sales advisor told me that the $7,500 discount applies only to the newer, higher pricing on the Touring and Grand Touring, i.e. you can’t get $7,500 off of the original Touring pricing.
ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE! I had an older Pure reservation, upgraded to Touring and got the 7500 discount! The DAs are always super well informed..

Got the same email and I have the RWD on order. Going to keep it, I'm pretty happy with the specs
Interesting. My reservation for the RWD goes back to 1/21 and I haven’t received the email. I have no idea how Lucid prioritizes these things.

The information about the rear-wheel-drive version of the Pure is timely indeed. I just received an email asking me to finalize my design. I reserved my Pure in February 2022.
I also got a call from my SA and an email. Even though I ordered a base model Pure they are asking me to finalize. Seems odd if they are not making base models until Q3 or Q4. I thought finalizing means they are ready to start producing the car.

Anyway, I want to test drive the Pure RWD and check out the Fanthom Blue before finalizing.

Last edited:
I also got a call from my SA and an email. Even though I ordered a base model Pure they are asking me to finalize. Seems odd if they are not making base models until Q3 or Q4. I thought finalizing means they are ready to start producing the car.

Anyway, I want to test drive the Pure RWD and check out the Fanthom Blue before finalizing.
I agree, why are they asking to finalize your order when we’re at least 1/2 year from the start of production? The SA might be wrong. If nothing shows up online asking you to finalize, then I’d assume the SA is incorrect. When did you make your initial reservation?

Last edited:
Did you have Legacy pricing on your original reservation?
Yes, I have legacy pricing. Others are obviously being told they can get $7,500 off the legacy pricing on a Touring. That’s not what my Sales Advisor told me, but maybe he’s misinformed. I hope others are correct.

Last edited:
Yes, I have legacy pricing. Others are obviously being told they can get $7,500 off the legacy pricing on a Touring. That’s not what my Sales Advisor told me, but maybe he’s misinformed. I hope others are correct.
Yup, he's wrong. Call him back or reach out to someone else Lucid via the 800 number. I'm sorry you're going through this. Employee incompetence annoys me!

I agree, why are they asking to finalize your order when we’re at least 1/2 year from the start of production? The SA might be wrong. If nothing shows up online asking you to finalize, then I’d assume the SA is incorrect. When did you make your initial reservation?
I also received an email from Lucid Sales asking me to finalize. When logging into my account there is a button labeled "Finalize Design". So if there is a mistake I don't think it is on the part of the SA. I'm starting to wonder if all reservations holders are being asked to Finalize. However, if that was the case, then I would think this site to light up with posts. I emailed my SA, but did not get a clear answer to my question. He invited me in for a chat next week so perhaps I learn more then. The reservation was made in Feb. 2022.

Last edited:
This SA guy is deadly wrong. I have no problem when worked with my DA to upgrade to Touring, after 3 hours I got the VIN.

I also received an email from Lucid Sales asking me to finalize. When logging into my account there is a button labeled "Finalize Design". So if there is a mistake I don't think it is on the part of the SA. I'm starting to wonder if all reservations holders are being asked to Finalize. However, if that was the case, then I would think this site to light up with posts. I emailed my SA, but did not get a clear answer to my question. He invited me in for a chat next week so perhaps I learn more then. The reservation was made in Feb. 2022.
I just went on the 'my design' section and I see nothing asking to finalize the design, yet I made a reservation way back in 1/21 for the RWD Pure. So I have no idea what's going on, just more murkiness. I'm assuming your reservation was for the RWD?

FINALLY -

Dear REDACTED,

I would like to thank you for your continued support and provide you with an update on your Lucid Air Pure reservation.

We began delivering Air Pure at the end of 2022 and we are so excited to get this amazing car into more customers’ hands as soon as possible. As the most attainable version of Air, Pure provides unbelievable range, comfort, utility, and performance. The smiles on customers’ faces during the initial deliveries were incredible and we can’t wait to see the smiles of many more thousands of Air Pure reservation holders that will take delivery in 2023.

Over the next few weeks, we will invite Air Pure reservation holders to configure their desired cars and submit their orders. We will then sequence these orders based on the selected configurations.

Throughout the first half of this year we are building the dual motor, all-wheel drive version of Air Pure, and initially, these cars will be configured with DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro. By limiting the number of configurations at the introduction of a new model version it allows us to streamline the production process.

By Q3 2023 we plan to introduce the rear-wheel drive Air Pure. By this time, we also expect to make standard versions of DreamDrive and Surreal Sound available.

Below are the expected specifications for the rear-wheel drive version of Air Pure.¹
  • Projected Range: estimated 406 mi. (projection based on EPA test cycle)
  • 0-60 MPH time: 4.4 sec.
  • Horsepower: 430 hp
  • Torque: 550 Nm (406 lb-ft)
I share this information with you so that you can make an informed decision about how you configure your order. If you would like to get your Air Pure as soon as possible, we recommend you select all-wheel drive with DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro.

You should soon be receiving your invitation to order your Lucid Air Pure. Visit the Air Pure page to see additional photos and specifications. If you have any questions, please reach out to your Sales Advisor, or contact Sales at (844) 367-7787.

I hope you are as excited as we are for the arrival of your Air Pure.

Regards,
JONwTqppQMWRLVnVFXKyyCcsthE4hiOum_3FfmOYS6tYwKIyvAGbL4ErBp5KobzkHNvz5pwX4qGi_Lv3LXW-1Hf5T5VZ7LhluVtDdHFKTG1rd_GyJvvTI8viIM4WRIkdkEpRL8KJCEYYPDRjWq0ZZ2jhwLDaZx8-I24=s0-d-e1-ft
Zak Edson
VP of Sales and Service
Lucid Motors
¹ Air Pure RWD is currently in preproduction and final specifications are subject to change.
Lucid Motors USA, Inc.
7373 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560, USA

Qjc9Th6DYkUe4m4yOt5qqEh6my1d6wdwk2G0dszzIbZvwI_7y_tC_PwfwRuzqi_65GodoO_tw9lMLsAp82oIUvUgJ_rNx9kv8dyFqR9CEVkzvPLSSh5riwuoVHxZKM-GLTuHrE0KZAOXXk5jI23UKBT_IyPU06spas2L8i6uHdJQ1pL3GEPpGz_QkF1jV2AATle-KZgNXzcbwRQ3wx4WfF29_vVRQAGvxnsfnvqtqyqn6wugC4F8MXB7jA=s0-d-e1-ft
Great. Will be waiting another 9 months for my 2 yr old order to be filled. Thanks Lucid.

I just went on the 'my design' section and I see nothing asking to finalize the design, yet I made a reservation way back in 1/21 for the RWD Pure. So I have no idea what's going on, just more murkiness. I'm assuming your reservation was for the RWD?
Yes, RWD, my order (8/10/22 - to try to catch the $7,500) was "pure" base (forgive the pun). I only added paint, Zenith Red.

Last edited:
Yes, RWD, my order (8/10/22 - to try to catch the $7,500) was "pure" base (forgive the pun). I only added paint, Zenith Red.
Thanks. Truly bizarre given that my reservation was place 1/21, over 1 1/2 years earlier than yours. I went with Cosmos Silver paint as the only 'upgrade'. So if you didn't order SS Pro or DD Pro (I didn't), then it's yet another Lucid head scratcher. ;)

FYI - I think I see what happened Clicking on Finalize Design it shows Dual Motor. But my order shows $77,400, plus taxes and such. So unless they want to give me AWD for free I expect there has been an error. Heads up for those finalizing. Very odd. My ordered details say:

Lucid Air Pure
$300 USD / February 27, 2022
Zenith Red, Mojave PurLuxe Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels, Metal Roof and RWD Drivetrain

Last edited:
A question for those that have finalized. When you go to that screen does it carry forward your reserved/order info? My finalizing screen looks like an initial reservation screen with all the most expensive options pre-selected.

Reservation Date February 16, 2022.
Confirmed August 11, 2022.
AWD w/ 19" Aero Range
Fathom Blue w/ Mojave & Alcantara
DDPro
SSPro

nope, it did not select what I had initially configured.
I too was mislead that by building and saving a configuration, that when I received the Finalize ... button it would be based on that. Nope, for Finalize you seem to start over.
Also, the Finalize button does not mean you're virtually in production, it means that your order is ready for them to batch. Now when they complete selection of finalized orders to begin a batch is completely different and based on things like chassis, paint, interior, and other configuration options, so don't expect your VIN in a week. I finalized months ago but for something with a metal roof and with an interior they listed as Later Availability. Pure metal-roof configurations don't seem likely to be batched in the next couple of months, and will depend on how many people convert their existing orders to something likely to be built sooner.

Back