Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I thought things were picking up from the delays, but perhaps not. There are still almost a dozen greys from November confirmations that haven’t been delivered yet So they are entering their 9th month and that is entirely too long, even with ‘fit and finish issues.’ Much of that should have been solved by now. Until they begin to clear out all these November through February confirmations, they aren’t going to be issuing a bunch of new VINs or even start the Touring confirmation process. I would watch for those deliveries. If they pick up, both VINs and more confirmations will be seen.

Just a question, are those with 2021 confirmations still on the forum and waiting or did they leave?

I thought things were picking up from the delays, but perhaps not. There are still almost a dozen greys from November confirmations that haven’t been delivered yet So they are entering their 9th month and that is entirely too long, even with ‘fit and finish issues.’ Much of that should have been solved by now. Until they begin to clear out all these November through February confirmations, they aren’t going to be issuing a bunch of new VINs or even start the Touring confirmation process. I would watch for those deliveries. If they pick up, both VINs and more confirmations will be seen.

Just a question, are those with 2021 confirmations still on the forum and waiting or did they leave?
Right, maybe they got their cars and are too busy driving around to tell us when they picked up their cars.

Pretty obvious I am one of the stubborn ones still here. My DA said that I was "in a very, very small group of November/December confirmations that have yet to receive their car".. We know there have been no silver deliveries. I suspect there are a few more in the same situation as I am, but there aren't many from the sound of it. I still have not heard anything with respect to the actual delivery of my car. They are either having a hard time finding an enclosed trailer transport or they have found something else wrong with the car. The longer it goes by with no specificity, the more the later seems likely. The delivery rep told me they doubled the transport fee they put out for bid, so you would think transport should not be the issue. It could be, who knows. Anything now is pure speculation.

So I may be able to offer something on this. The VIN I just got for my Grey/Mojave/21 on 7/13 (a 2/15/22 confirmation) was already going thru PDI in Houston due to a cancelled order (told it was financial reasons). I was called back and told there was another car with exact configuration that was also there going thru PDI (since beginning of July - also cancelled for financial reasons), and was almost complete. My DA said they were switching my VIN to the one that would be ready sooner (not for convenience, the assignment didn’t go thru), and that, unless they missed something major at the factory, in general PDI’s were moving faster - got the idea from him that 3 weeks was the outside mark, and my new VIN would be ready to ship shortly.

My takeaway is that bottlenecks can also come from cancellations, in addition to many other factors. Not surprised given the increased cost of financing now.

So I may be able to offer something on this. The VIN I just got for my Grey/Mojave/21 on 7/13 (a 2/15/22 confirmation) was already going thru PDI in Houston due to a cancelled order (told it was financial reasons). I was called back and told there was another car with exact configuration that was also there going thru PDI (since beginning of July - also cancelled for financial reasons), and was almost complete. My DA said they were switching my VIN to the one that would be ready sooner (not for convenience, the assignment didn’t go thru), and that, unless they missed something major at the factory, in general PDI’s were moving faster - got the idea from him that 3 weeks was the outside mark, and my new VIN would be ready to ship shortly.

My takeaway is that bottlenecks can also come from cancellations, in addition to many other factors. Not surprised given the increased cost of financing now.
Can I get a cancellation for a Grey/Tahoe please. :p

Can I get a cancellation for a Grey/Tahoe please. :p
There are a LOT of greys in production due to the ‘harmonization’ issues back in the spring. As the stock market tanks and the time has passed, you may be ripe for one. Does your DA know you will take something if an order falls through?

There are a LOT of greys in production due to the ‘harmonization’ issues back in the spring. As the stock market tanks and the time has passed, you may be ripe for one. Does your DA know you will take something if an order falls through?
Yep, my DA is well aware. Last week she offered me a red one, which I turned down.

I am a 2021 confirmation , waiting for vehicle.

Are you on the tracker? If not, can I get your order date, interior and exterior color and VIN assignment date?
Yes, I am.

I just changed my name, but I am on there

Yes, I am.

I just changed my name, but I am on there
stealth mode!
giphy.gif

I suspect it’s software issues that would drive owners to sell the car so quickly as based on what I’m reading here the bugs impact daily functionality. I’m sure some people have a low tolerance for that. I noticed Jon Rettinger is selling his and keeping his Rivian. I will admit I have cooled slightly on the Air considering the issues mentioned here.
Eh. He said its just because he wants the bigger Rivian for his family. Not that he dislikes the lucid

To update the GT tracker… I had reserved a Touring on August 25 2021. I decided to upgrade to GT and confirmed a Black/Santa Cruz/21’s on June 16 2022

here and waiting

Back