Options to set destination

Daniel2022AT

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Is there an option to set the GPS destination by current location or from lat/long coordinates from google maps when the location does not have a street address?

Just set a pin the map in Google Maps and click share to Lucid.

I don’t know how to share it with Lucid.
Look up some destination in Google Maps on your phone. If you have the Lucid app installed, you can tap the "share" button (for me there's a row going: Directions, Start, Call, Save, Share, ...), then "share this place", then choose the Lucid app. It'll send that to your car as coordinates. You should see it on the top right screen next time you get in your car.

I don’t know how to share it with Lucid.
1000008875.jpg
1000008876.jpg

This is an area where the Air's HERE maps is particularly poor.
In my experience, if HERE does not have a POI in its database at the GPS location you specified, it will instead direct you to the nearest POI it does have. This could be on the other side of a mountain ridge with no direct path from there to the actual place you wanted to go.

Hence my repetitive and tiring rant on how I have no use for HERE, and wish the car had Google maps like our other EV, and Polestar, and Porsche, and so on.

Just set a pin the map in Google Maps and click share to Lucid.
In my experience, a location found in Google Maps that doesn't have a street address fails to transfer to the Lucid. It seems to only recognize addresses, not GPS coords.

Worse than that, I have long figured out approximate street addresses for trailheads by interpolating street numbers. But HERE Maps seems to reject such addresses if it thinks it knows there is nothing with that number. For instance, if there's a house at 50 Main St, and one at 54 Main St, with nothing in between, but I want to get to the property line between the two so I enter 52 Main St. HERE will often reject that and instead route me to the middle of the entire length of Main St which might be miles away.

Using Apple Maps, you can search an address and then hit the button with a square with the arrow (share). Lucid should be an option.

In my experience, a location found in Google Maps that doesn't have a street address fails to transfer to the Lucid. It seems to only recognize addresses, not GPS coords.

Worse than that, I have long figured out approximate street addresses for trailheads by interpolating street numbers. But HERE Maps seems to reject such addresses if it thinks it knows there is nothing with that number. For instance, if there's a house at 50 Main St, and one at 54 Main St, with nothing in between, but I want to get to the property line between the two so I enter 52 Main St. HERE will often reject that and instead route me to the middle of the entire length of Main St which might be miles away.
New version of Apple Maps in the next iOS will have trailheads which should translate into lat/longs for HERE.

New version of Apple Maps in the next iOS will have trailheads which should translate into lat/longs for HERE.
But again I'd expect HERE to map lat/long to its nearest known POI, not to the correct location. HERE seems to have less than 10% of Google's POIs in rural areas.

HERE works reasonably well for places with an address, but very rarely works for trailheads and other POIs.
Unfortunately, trailheads are one of our typical use cases for navigating in the Air. The results are generally not useful and occasionally very troublesome.

On our other EV, when we look up a destination on Google Maps and send it to the car, the result is always identical to that on our desktop and on our phone. This is guaranteed because all three are using the same maps database and routing engine.

Lucid Long Road with Wooden Fence.jpg

... which should translate into lat/longs for HERE.
I was going to disagree with this, that it is not possible to share a lat/long location. But it occurred to me that I haven't tried it in months. And amazingly, this now works. It sure didn't last summer. I never saw it mentioned in any release notes, so assumed this was still broken. That's another reason that Lucid's terrible release notes with each firmware update are disappointing--they actually fixed something and didn't tell anyone.

Back