Optional way to turn off Pilot Panel

jdbeachbum

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Touring, Jeep, RR
My SA called today just to check in after taking delivery 6 months ago and gave me a tip I had never read about. If you double tap the car picture on pilot panel it turns the screen off. Tap anywhere again and it returns. My apologies if this is old news but I sure don't remember reading about it in any of the updates.

My SA called today just to check in after taking delivery 6 months ago and gave me a tip I had never read about. If you double tap the car picture on pilot panel it turns the screen off. Tap anywhere again and it returns. My apologies if this is old news but I sure don't remember reading about it in any of the updates.
They never documented this, but it is a cool trick. I use it all the time.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned here specifically before, so thanks for posting.

I was just going to make a post asking what happened to the pilot panel "power off" button that came along a few updates ago and then disappeared I think two updates ago. I will try this. I do have another question, why is the windshield wash button (I think that is what it is) on the far upper left of the cockpit panel only available when the car is in P?

I was just going to make a post asking what happened to the pilot panel "power off" button that came along a few updates ago and then disappeared I think two updates ago. I will try this. I do have another question, why is the windshield wash button (I think that is what it is) on the far upper left of the cockpit panel only available when the car is in P?
That’s not a wash. It’s for quick defrost. It sprays out hot liquid and moves the wipers in small increments until all the ice is melted. Definitely don’t want to do that while driving.

To wash, press in the button on the left stalk.

To wash, press in the button on the left stalk.
Oh I know that button all too well, I am sure we all have had a few swipes of the wipers just trying to use the turn signals. Smear my window just trying to turn left, ugh LOL. As for the cockpit panel button, I figured it must be something else, well I live in southern CA so won't be needing that button any time soon, driving or not. 😀

Back