OK, so what is this June 30th deadline about?

HRoussel

Cars
Tesla M3P
I must have missed something somewhere, but what is this deadline about? And what is it we can't change after that date?

if you have a Pure or Touring reservation at the old price, you have until june 30th to upgrade to a GT at the old price. if you upgrade to a GT after june 30th, it'll be at the new price.

if you have a Pure or Touring reservation at the old price, you have until june 30th to upgrade to a GT at the old price. if you upgrade to a GT after june 30th, it'll be at the new price.
OK so it doesn't apply to me as the GT is way out of my budget!

But what about an upgrade from Pure to Touring? That deadline will come later I presume? I currently have a reservation on a Pure.

I assume this is because the front end of the GT funnel is getting low - not enough new orders. This way they can get all the GTs flushed out before the end of the quarter. They are probably getting ready to send out a batch of Touring confirmations after the 1st and this way, all the GTs will be in the queue. Any future GT orders will just dribble in from here on out.

They are probably getting ready to send out a batch of Touring confirmations after the 1st and this way, all the GTs will be in the queue. Any future GT orders will just dribble in from here on out.

I like the sound of that.

I assume this is because the front end of the GT funnel is getting low - not enough new orders. This way they can get all the GTs flushed out before the end of the quarter. They are probably getting ready to send out a batch of Touring confirmations after the 1st and this way, all the GTs will be in the queue. Any future GT orders will just dribble in from here on out.
no word on that yet, but the standard "30 days to confirm your reservation once the email is sent out, or else you'll be at the new price" will apply to the Touring and Pure when those confirmation emails get sent out.

I'd love to know their original projections for GT vs reality today. With 30k reservations they must have visibility on which orders are which...I've heard of several T reservers who have been contacted to upgrade to GT. Could mean GT cancelations? Could mean a marketing push ("On Sale until June 30!') the carrot being faster delivery (the upgrades seem modest to me)...at least their showing a pulse...

My GT reservation is currently awaiting the availability of the 20” wheels. I wonder why the delay so long for that.

Weren’t both the 20” wheels and the silver paint supposed to be available in Q3? Is that still the case?

This has been my assumption as well. Or maybe my hope, at least.

This has been my assumption as well. Or maybe my hope, at least.
We will know in another week if they are ready to confirm the first Tourings.

Weren’t both the 20” wheels and the silver paint supposed to be available in Q3? Is that still the case?
My DA (when asked - not volunteered) and others' have said that 20" wheels won't be available until at least December 2022. It could be the wheels are late, but my guess is that the problem is the tires, which would be out of Lucid's direct control. I was dead set on the 20" wheels but gave up on them as the date continued to slip. The 19's would be a smarter though less interesting choice anyway.

My DA (when asked - not volunteered) and others' have said that 20" wheels won't be available until at least December 2022. It could be the wheels are late, but my guess is that the problem is the tires, which would be out of Lucid's direct control. I was dead set on the 20" wheels but gave up on them as the date continued to slip. The 19's would be a smarter though less interesting choice anyway.
I was also wanting the 20" wheels, but after I saw this modifications to the 19s, I'm starting to have second thoughts. Plus availability and range difference, but aesthetics are what this car is about lol

Is today the last day to upgrade my Pure to a Touring at old prices or is it just the last day to upgrade to the GT at old prices? Thanks!

Is today the last day to upgrade my Pure to a Touring at old prices or is it just the last day to upgrade to the GT at old prices? Thanks!
SA asked her supervisor and told me today that it's the last day to upgrade to GT at old pricing. Hopefully that's true because it seems like there's a lot of confusion about this.

There is still no word on how the "Pure -> Touring upgrade w/ old pricing" will work out once the Touring goes into production. She's guessing that it'll be like the GT; they'll give us some amount of time to upgrade from Pure to Touring at old price, then it'll be new price.

Reactions: DBV
SA asked her supervisor and told me today that it's the last day to upgrade to GT at old pricing. Hopefully that's true because it seems like there's a lot of confusion about this.

There is still no word on how the "Pure -> Touring upgrade w/ old pricing" will work out once the Touring goes into production. She's guessing that it'll be like the GT; they'll give us some amount of time to upgrade from Pure to Touring at old price, then it'll be new price.
Thank you. It is very confusing. I am probably going to upgrade to the Touring with the old prices, but still undecided. I wish Lucid had the range for the Pure with AWD to see if it is the same as the Touring.

Back