October OTA Updates

Key fobs will check for software updates and update themselves any time the key is the car for 10 minutes.

You do not need to wait until you have both or even one fob to do the update.

Welcome all to the next Lucid update, so excited that more people can finally see experience it.

As many of you have noted, the team has started the deployment to this group. They will be rolling it out slowly throughout the day in small batches. Given the significant nature of the update they're taking the opportunity to watch the installations progress, hence the small batch deployments.

I do hope I've not been over-communicative over the last week or so. One of the challenges of transparency is that expectations get set. This of course sets you all up for disappointment should there be a delay on our side, as there was last night.

I'll be watching this thread and marinating in your excitement all afternoon.

Cheers!
So, will all of us in this group receive the update tonight? For those of us who haven’t received the update notification yet, the suspense is killing us!

Well, now I am certainly screwed. The whole key fob thing would have been nice to know. This pretty much makes doing this update while my car is at the body shop a non-starter. Only Lucid certified body shop is over an hour away from Charlotte.

No update for me, even if I could do it.

Well, now I am certainly screwed. The whole key fob thing would have been nice to know. This pretty much makes doing this update while my car is at the body shop a non-starter. Only Lucid certified body shop is over an hour away from Charlotte.

I don’t think it has to be in the car and from what I have gathered, the fob will likely update later, if it does not in the initial push. More knowledgeable people, please correct me if I am wrong.

I don’t think it has to be in the car and from what I have gathered, the fob will likely update later, if it does not in the initial push. More knowledgeable people, please correct me if I am wrong.

Reminder, it's better if it's in the car to do it, but key fobs will update any time they're in the car for 10 minutes or longer, regardless of OTA status.

You do not need to wait. Your keys will still function fine. Just take them in the car with you on your next drive and make sure that drive is at least 10 minutes long.

Having both key fobs or even one key fob will not conflict with the mobile key.

Me either. I really didn’t go nuts checking the app when Len gave us rough timeframes but now I’m looking ever 3 minutes!
I think I may have used 5% drain of SOC just kept checking OTA constantly on mobile app last 36 hours. To put things in perspective, I lost 5% SOC in my last 18 days Europe trip while car was in deep sleep not checking mobile app. 🥴

Suspense is part of Halloween month…

I hope you're pleased. Then we can stop hearing about your Navigator. ;)
I love my Navigator! :cool: Ford did a really good just with it and I hope that they make an EV version. I like big SUVs.

I love my Navigator! :cool: Ford did a really good just with it and I hope that they make an EV version. I like big SUVs.
We like it BIG in TEXAS!!!

We like it BIG in TEXAS!!!
Damn straight! And smeared in BBQ sauce!! ;)

I Have a Hummer EV truck on order but will not take it. Too big for my Texas garage!!

My car is thinking wtf is wrong with this guy waking me up every 5mins. Let me sleep here.
lol .. I haven't checked in this much on anybody/anything sleeping since my first kid was born

Well, I guess I might try it once it gets pushed. I am glad to hear it isn’t a “must do” with respect to the key fob. It’s a catch 22, I have to do the update after hours so I can’t really do it while they work on the car. They only have the one key fob, so no other way to get into the car if the fob gets locked in.

Back