No regen resistance….

Variable

Cars
Many
I have now had two experiences where I get in the car and proceed to drive. After letting off the throttle, there is no regenerative resistance and the car just coasts resistance free. The first time I had fully charged the car, so I assumed maybe regen turns itself off until there is enough open capacity in the battery for it to take some charge input. However, it just happened again and I only had 321 miles of charge in the car or say three fourths of a charge. Thought or similar experiences?

I have now had two experiences where I get in the car and proceed to drive. After letting off the throttle, there is no regenerative resistance and the car just coasts resistance free. The first time I had fully charged the car, so I assumed maybe regen turns itself off until there is enough open capacity in the battery for it to take some charge input. However, it just happened again and I only had 321 miles of charge in the car or say three fourths of a charge. Thought or similar experiences?
DE or GT?

Never happed to me but a wish that I could turn regen off.

Happened to me once also, but after a normal lock and ublock sequence it worked again, figured it was just some bug that sorted itself out .

I believe this can happen when you are 100% charged, and the car doesn't want any more. Happened to me at the start of my last road trip as well as with my previous Tesla.

The Tesla would also reduce the regen braking when it was cold out-- I assume to lower the risk of causing an unintentional slide on snow/ice.

It happens when the car has been fully charged. It takes awhile to come back too. Did you recently charge to full again?

Hmmm, I charged it to 97% two weeks ago and the regen worked totally normal.

Whenever I charge my Tesla to 100%, I get a warning that regen will be disabled. And boy, you can feel the difference. Also, during the cold winters here in CO, I get the warning, but the feel of it is less pronounced. It's definitely startling the first time it happens to you. Like learning to drive all over again.

Why doesn’t regen work if it’s cold? It’s gotten down to high 30s here since I had the Lucid and the regen worked fine, or maybe they do brake blending so seamlessly I didn’t notice?

The regen should turn off if the battery is near 100% or battery is cold. In either case charging from regen could damage the battery.
Oh, what is regen? Does its turning off create driving risk? is it required for breaking?

Oh, what is regen? Does its turning off create driving risk? is it required for breaking?
Up to you. The Lucid has 2 modes, soft and strong regenerative braking. I leave it on strong and it makes one pedal driving easy once you get used to it. You can put the car in creep mode meaning the regen will not stop the car, and it will keep rolling slowly requiring you to use the brakes to stop.

This system is independent from the friction brakes, which you always have on every car, including EVs. So, there's always the option to come to a stop safely by hitting the brake pedal. Yet, it can be a bit startling and off-setting if the regenerative effect is missing when you got used to it and expect it. Therefore, Tesla has some indication in the dash board that tells you in advance if regen is limited or even completely off. I bet that Lucid shows some indication of limited regen, too, and if they don't now, they sure will with some software update soon. ;)

When I first back out of my garage and drive a half block to the intersection, the regen does not activate and I have to tap on the brake. After that, it works as expected. 95% of my driving is regen stopping. Brakes should last a long time.

When I charge my I pace to 100% I lose the regen braking as well.

I’ve solved that by capping the charging at 80%, so I always have full regen. Otherwise the difference is annoying.

When I charge my I pace to 100% I lose the regen braking as well.

I’ve solved that by capping the charging at 80%, so I always have full regen. Otherwise the difference is annoying.
like getting back in an ICE and expecting engine braking to be similar. Ummm NOPE

I do alternate. So in a couple of weeks when I feel like driving an ICE car again I’ll turn the regen off and creep back on.

Or I could drive it like an ICE car all the time. But where the fun in that? Lol.

The electric motors give energy back to the batteries when you let up the accelerator -- they work as generators. The speed and weight of the car drive the motors instead of the other way around. And thus the car slows down as the speed and weight of the car is given to the motors. When the battery is 100%, theres no place for the motors to which dump any energy, thus no slowing down occurs -- car controller turns off motors generating power capability. However, a resisor bank could be used to which dump energy, but its bulky, has weight, and by far not pracical to have in a car. All the aforemention is called regen turned "on". With regen off and letting up the accelerator, the car behaves similary to an ice car.

The electric motors give energy back to the batteries when you let up the accelerator -- they work as generators. The speed and weight of the car drive the motors instead of the other way around. And thus the car slows down as the speed and weight of the car is given to the motors. When the battery is 100%, theres no place for the motors to which dump any energy, thus no slowing down occurs -- car controller turns off motors generating power capability. However, a resisor bank could be used to which dump energy, but its bulky, has weight, and by far not pracical to have in a car. All the aforemention is called regen turned "on". With regen off and letting up the accelerator, the car behaves similary to an ice car.
So when regen is on and used does that giving back mean it increases the range a little or is that just a relative term for the generation of friction by the motor to stop/slow down the car without the use of traditional breaks which saves break tread.

Back