No Neutral

lwong

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
Our cars do not have neutral gear despite the stock saying so. Had my car towed today for some due bill work and low and behold the car does not have neutral. Had to drive the car up the ramp. We have a tow hook, which is a big waste until such time we get a neutral. How can you make a car without a neutral gear is beyond me, let alone pass all the Federal regulations.

so what happens when you pull the stick and it shows neutral on the dashboard? You're saying it's still engaged?

Mind would not say or go into neutral. Are u saying yours does. If so let me know please.

yep, done it previous, can't remember how offhand - keep pulling down on the shift stick?

Mind would not say or go into neutral. Are u saying yours does. If so let me know please.
From the manual:

1667944928840.png

Using an EV for seemingly simple things is now complicated. I almost freaked out the first time I tried to get my i pace through a car wash. Couldn’t get it into neutral! Turns out it was in neutral but the parking brake was auto engaging and I had to turn that off in a certain way. Otherwise it would just re-engaging again.

Just tried it, and, though it is not easy to put it into "N", I fiddled with P to R to D to R, etc., but I eventually did and the car rolled as I'd expect it to.

Yes, you just have to hold the gear stalk in a position as if switching into drive or reverse for a few seconds without flipping it past the resistance point to get it into neutral. Make sense?

Yes, you just have to hold the gear stalk in a position as if switching into drive or reverse for a few seconds without flipping it past the resistance point to get it into neutral. Make sense?
Good explanation. Works fine for me.

I was able to get the car into neutral and let it roll down the driveway. Trying to stop without regen took a lot of pressure on the brake pedal.

I was able to get the car into neutral and let it roll down the driveway. Trying to stop without regen took a lot of pressure on the brake pedal.
hadn't thought of that, but makes sense given the weight of the car.

More on neutral--- I figured out the issue.

I spoke to a lucid tech person today when i couldn't get my GT into neutral but could previously. As it turns out, people were previously complaining about accidentally bumping the shifter stalk into neutral so with UX 2.0, the changed it so you have to hold the stalk up for about 2 seconds before neutral will engage.

I spoke to a lucid tech person today when i couldn't get my GT into neutral but could previously. As it turns out, people were previously complaining about accidentally bumping the shifter stalk into neutral so with UX 2.0, the changed it so you have to hold the stalk up for about 2 seconds before neutral will engage.
Good to see that they are listening to complaints.

Yeah I remember one owner put it into neutral by accident trying to use the right stalk to turn on the wipers, then thought the car went into turtle mode because of total power loss. FWIW my Mercedes ICE car was also very tricky to put into neutral, you’d have to very very lightly press the stalk down after being in park, otherwise it would flip into Drive.

Our cars do not have neutral gear despite the stock saying so. Had my car towed today for some due bill work and low and behold the car does not have neutral. Had to drive the car up the ramp. We have a tow hook, which is a big waste until such time we get a neutral. How can you make a car without a neutral gear is beyond me, let alone pass all the Federal regulations.
absolutely has neutral .... just put car in drive or rerverse and then move stalk to neutral

I got really frustrated by this UX and even tried reading the manual (which is useless on the subject).

I believe the following, from Park (P):
- pulldown/release for drive (D)
- pushup/release for reverse (R)
- pull down and hold until indicator shows neutral (N) and then release

Back