No Connection / Car Unavailable Help??

MScott

Reaction score
Hello, I am having two issues which i think are related and would appreciate any thoughts/solutions.

The app when i am anywhere except home (connected to wifi) shows car unavailable and I can not check or control anything. The big issue here is not being able to start charging when at EA stations.

The 2nd issue is I can not play any music from streaming services instead i get the error: "No Connection: Check network Connection: Try Again".

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated

My guess is the car is not getting LTE data, as it should. It's the equivalent of your phone having its cellular antenna turned off. But I don't think there's a setting anywhere in the car to turn that off, so it seems more like a malfunction.

Have you tried a reset?

My guess is the car is not getting LTE data, as it should. It's the equivalent of your phone having its cellular antenna turned off. But I don't think there's a setting anywhere in the car to turn that off, so it seems more like a malfunction.

Have you tried a reset?
Either this or the gigabit connection is broken.

I had this happen once and it lasted from noon for the rest of the day. The next day it was back to normal so the system probably reset overnight.

Hello, I am having two issues which i think are related and would appreciate any thoughts/solutions.

The app when i am anywhere except home (connected to wifi) shows car unavailable and I can not check or control anything. The big issue here is not being able to start charging when at EA stations.

The 2nd issue is I can not play any music from streaming services instead i get the error: "No Connection: Check network Connection: Try Again".

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated
Text service and ask them to do a remote reset of your car. That reboot seems to do something more than the valet/lock car reboots.

I lost my LTE connection for a day in December; it came back the next day. And, rebooting didn't fix it. I was just in Tampa FL and this morning the LTE was not working. Drove 200 miles back home and LTE never worked. Valet rebooted .. still nothing. I've texted Customer Service and they'll have someone call me back in the next day or two.

I lost my LTE connection for a day in December; it came back the next day. And, rebooting didn't fix it. I was just in Tampa FL and this morning the LTE was not working. Drove 200 miles back home and LTE never worked. Valet rebooted .. still nothing. I've texted Customer Service and they'll have someone call me back in the next day or two.
CS remotely rebooted twice - still no LTE. This morning, it's magically working again 🤷‍♂️

CS remotely rebooted twice - still no LTE. This morning, it's magically working again 🤷‍♂️
Keep monitoring… Sometimes this can be the result of the loose connector that needs to be unplugged and replugged. Of course, this would be done by service because they’d have to determine which one.

My LTE connection went away for an entire afternoon / evening and did not come back until the next morning. The reboot methods did not restore it. Seems like the car needs to go into a deep sleep to correct. It's only happened once. Hopefully its not a loose connection for you.

My LTE connection went away for an entire afternoon / evening and did not come back until the next morning. The reboot methods did not restore it. Seems like the car needs to go into a deep sleep to correct. It's only happened once. Hopefully its not a loose connection for you.
This happened to me as well. LTE connection never re-established after trying different rebooting techniques on this forum. Lost Mobile app and navigation functions. Since it has been raining in SoCal, car sat in garage to avoid driving thru potholes, flooded water ways, and annoying "Lidar blocked - please clean sensor". This all kind of coincided with 2.0.55 update. CS tried rebooting vehicle to no avail. Lucid Mobile Tech came out today and had to perform a "hard reset" on "TCU" module to regain connectivity. According to tech, there were no error messages embedded in TCU or malfunction of TCU. Probably a "bug" that is currently being addressed by Lucid engineers. TCU should have rebooted after update automatically but did not. Currently, a "hard reset" has to be done physically by a tech to regain functionality. Hope this helps those in the same situation.

This happened to me as well. LTE connection never re-established after trying different rebooting techniques on this forum. Lost Mobile app and navigation functions. Since it has been raining in SoCal, car sat in garage to avoid driving thru potholes, flooded water ways, and annoying "Lidar blocked - please clean sensor". This all kind of coincided with 2.0.55 update. CS tried rebooting vehicle to no avail. Lucid Mobile Tech came out today and had to perform a "hard reset" on "TCU" module to regain connectivity. According to tech, there were no error messages embedded in TCU or malfunction of TCU. Probably a "bug" that is currently being addressed by Lucid engineers. TCU should have rebooted after update automatically but did not. Currently, a "hard reset" has to be done physically by a tech to regain functionality. Hope this helps those in the same situation.
What did the 'hard reset' consist of?

Since I was at work, what I can see via cameras at home was that the tech connected to vehicle thru the trunk. The trunk and rear doors were opened if that makes any difference to resetting process. I am not sure if tech performed a vehicle reset or just the "TCU" module only. Sorry I couldn't be more specific about "hard reset" procedure. Tech did mention that an owner will be able to perform this procedure down the road via future OTA updates.

Attachments

I had this happen once and it lasted from noon for the rest of the day. The next day it was back to normal so the system probably reset overnight.
This happened to me on Wednesday. Multiple soft resets unsuccessful. "Vehicle offline" in my smart phone app. Driving was not encumbered but no live traffic or streaming audio. I reported it. On Thursday after charging overnight the issue resolved on its own. The local service person called and walked me through the nuclear reset, "just in case," on Thursday afternoon. Today (Friday) the car operated normally with regular network connectivity. I mentioned whether I should have the ethernet port checked and they said no for now.

This happened to me on Wednesday. Multiple soft resets unsuccessful. "Vehicle offline" in my smart phone app. Driving was not encumbered but no live traffic or streaming audio. I reported it. On Thursday after charging overnight the issue resolved on its own. The local service person called and walked me through the nuclear reset, "just in case," on Thursday afternoon. Today (Friday) the car operated normally with regular network connectivity. I mentioned whether I should have the ethernet port checked and they said no for now.
This happened to me this week after I got the car from the valet at a restaurant. I was already in the car and driving when I noticed nothing was working on the Nav (just arrow but no directions on cockpit or map on pilot panel), on the audio streaming (XM and Tidal), and connection error message popped up. Driving the car was fine. When I got to a safe spot on the side of the road, I tried all the soft resets while in the car and didn't fix. So I tried the power cycle method that fixed my door lock issue that Lucid CS walked me through last time which was physically get out of the car to lock the car down by pushing the door handle down to power down the car. Move far away from the car so it doesn't detect the FOB or mobile key and stay for at least 1 minute. Then unlock the car with the FOB (pretty sure Mobile Key will do the same). Once I got back into car and logged into my profile, everything was back to normal.

Another note I didn't think about, it was a pretty deep underground garage where the valet area is where there may have been no signal so I'm wondering for a long period where there no Internet or mobile connectivity, this may be an issue?

Last edited:
This happened to me this week after I got the car from the valet at a restaurant. I was already in the car and driving when I noticed nothing was working on the Nav (just arrow but no directions on cockpit or map on pilot panel), on the audio streaming (XM and Tidal), and connection error message popped up. Driving the car was fine. When I got to a safe spot on the side of the road, I tried all the soft resets while in the car and didn't fix. So I tried the power cycle method that fixed my door lock issue that Lucid CS walked me through last time which was physically get out of the car to lock the car down by pushing the door handle down to power down the car. Move far away from the car so it doesn't detect the FOB or mobile key and stay for at least 1 minute. Then unlock the car with the FOB (pretty sure Mobile Key will do the same). Once I got back into car and logged into my profile, everything was back to normal.

Another note I didn't think about, it was a pretty deep underground garage where the valet area is where there may have been no signal so I'm wondering for a long period where there no Internet or mobile connectivity, this may be an issue?
Yeah this happened to me once. It seems if there is no service when the car starts up (I was also in a garage) it occasionally has trouble getting online. A logo reset fixes it.

Back